Reviews for a bird may love a fish
Mercurial Fire chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
This is so heartbreaking, but it works perfectly to explain Loki.
1wngdngl chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
A beautiful, unique and chilling (no pun intended) alternate vision of the life of Loki. Must be frustrating, being always torn in two.
dandeliondreams chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
!

so many feels

I really love the way you have described Loki's unrequited love for his brother, and the irreconcilable gulf of difference between them. Thanks for writing!
gracemis chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Powerful. Wonderful love which cannot unbecoming, can only shift.
Tydepul chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
*goggle* wow that was a wonderful piece on Loki's perspective. loved the darkness, yet still deep love of Loki's character that you portrayed.
Sygmanthias chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
I can't stop reading this story. It's pure poetry to me, and I love how sympathetic Loki is here; his story is tragic because he does love his brother, but Thor can't understand what Loki goes through or how he suffers. Keep posting great stories!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Omg so beautifully writtien
WeAreTomorrow chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This is something beautiful; the way you describe Loki is delightfully new. And actually just delightful.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
oh god, that was absolutely perfect. Everything. God, I wish I was better with words... but I loved this story. The voice of the casket, how Loki always knew, god, just everything.
Phoenix.G.Fawkes chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This is simply beautiful and heart-wrenching.
busy pushing up daisies chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Lovely. I love your writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Good God!
Serves me right to read this at university where currently people are staring at my teary face...
This is so painful and so accurate- it's like his agony bled through your pen (or rather keyboard) onto paper (or, you know, the Word document). Originally I wanted to comment on my favourite quotes but then I realized that would be pretty much every damn line, so...
"A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?"- It's just so damn fitting for our favourite Jötun.
"Jötun do not love as the Æsir love, sighs the Casket mournfully. There is a world that would love you as you deserve."- Til that moment I did not understand how much Odin'
s brilliant plan condemned Loki. It was also the moment I started crying like that damn Niagara falls...
I wish I was more eloquent and could write you a sonnet on how much you generally win and how you (with your writing) just eclipse EVERYTHING else- but, well, I have to settle on: This broke my heart, I love you, please never stop.
Massive kudos,
visitor

P.S.: Well, maybe one (more) favourite quote: "He burns alive in Asgard, his glamour running off in thick streaks of melted flesh, but he heals the scars and begins again. (Loki will never be king.)"- Holy cow- the images you use are so torturously brilliant! I'm torn between gushing over your mad skillz and dying from his pain (the latter wins by a smidge).
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Oh wow. This was beautiful and poignant and just. This actually gave me Loki feelings, which is really rare for me. I just love Thor and Loki's relationship so much, so this was such a great showcase for that.

You prose was beautiful, but everything to do with the Casket was magnificent. This was beautiful.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
This is beautiful. I really don't know what else to say because this is a truly magnificent piece of fic and I am so glad that I read it. The addition of the Casket was great. I loved all the compare/contrast that you did. There are just so many great lines in this that if I were to name them all, it'd take up all the review, haha. Loki's love for Thor was apparent and still yet very subtle. Amazing job.
c'estlame chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Goodness me, but you write beautifully. A pleasure, as always, to read.