Reviews for Brutus: The Rise To Power
Isa chapter 9 . 12/20/2013
Oh no, what'll happen to Servillia? Nice to see an update so soon, I squealed with joy when I saw it.
cally777 chapter 9 . 12/20/2013
I merely note the scintillating line "She felt like cursing Vorenus, or kicking him in the shins." Sometimes its the small things. I think there's more than a hint in that of how things might go.
a-mild-looking-sky chapter 9 . 12/20/2013
Great new chapter! I love the way you give a hint at the historical setting of the fic without going into reams of detail - something I struggle with haha! The dialogue is great and snappy too - I loved Octavia's defiance in this chapter. Would like to see how Servilia is getting on! :)
Claire Hayasaka chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
What a crazy opening chapter! You have such a unique writing style that just grabs you from the beginning sentence, "That little punk Brutus is as good as dead..." Ha! Love how Brutus was able to con the people into thinking he did what he did to avenge his mother. (Another line I loved was, "The sons of whores were actually crying.") I can imagine Mark Antony standing there in exasperation, wondering how that little punk was stealing his thunder! haha this was a great way for me to get back to the era of murderous Romans, thank you for that :)
cally777 chapter 8 . 11/26/2013
Wow, what a face-off! Who's it gonna be, eh? I think I can guess. Looks like we might see some Gaul girl kicking arse too. Eat your heart out, Crixus! Whoops, sorry, wrong series!
Isa chapter 8 . 11/13/2013
Just as I was starting to think that you'd abandoned the story you write another chapter. It was a very nice suprise.
Loved it as always and the characters are spot on, great job!
a-mild-looking-sky chapter 8 . 11/13/2013
Ooh the tension in this chapter was so good! Really excited to see you've updated this story - I love this one and the relationship between Octavia and Servilia! Great dialogue in this chapter and I also love the suggestion of the 'mythological' Valatara - I hope she becomes more significant as the story goes on :)
autumnrose2010 chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
Why did Servilia trick Vorenus into murdering his wife?
cally777 chapter 7 . 9/1/2013
Tardily noting another chapter of this story had been written, I determined to go back and read the rest first. It was certainly worth it to once again enjoy the hilarious satire. If there is a cheek within which a tongue should rest, then it should be yours. "He was going to praise Caesar and bury Brutus" - such side-splitting pseudo-Shakespearean lines are tossed in with casual aplomb. I should also mention that the series characters are faithfully though satirically portrayed, at least in thumbnail. Atilia is a scheming slut, Servilia a stately scheming slut, Octavia appears deliciously innocent, Vorenus will follow the standard up Pluto's backside, etc.

I'm reduced in the end to begging, like an unimaginative reviewer, that you find the time to add to this masterpiece of wit. I'm sure you could knock off another episode off in your sleep!
thirstycersei chapter 7 . 4/25/2013
A well written story with an interesting plot. I hope to see an update soon.
a-mild-looking-sky chapter 7 . 4/3/2013
Decided to come and check this one out as well and I'm glad I did! I love your historical stories and this is great - really exciting and I love the two women! I'll be interested to see Octavia's family's reaction to her new job with Servilia!
Isa chapter 7 . 4/1/2013
Yes an update, I've been waiting for one! But ohh, what will happen now?
autumnrose2010 chapter 7 . 3/31/2013
Guess someone's in for a rude surprise...poor Lepidus...
cally777 chapter 6 . 2/5/2013
But Marc antony s supposed to make the rabble rousing speech and get Brutus turfed out of Rome! I need to get the hang of this alternative history thing. I spose its harder cos its like history you know. Whatever. There was as usual much to chuckle over as sissy boy brutus turns the historical tables on thugish Antony. Tho this is supposedly the rise of Brutus even this seems tongue in cheek as he then more or less disappears from the story. Which is all to the good as we now have the lovely Octavia taking centre stage. I always liked her. But is she destined to be Servilia s bitch? Wil the republic be restored? I dont think it matters.
Madame de Victoire chapter 6 . 2/3/2013
Thank you for coming back to this fandom. This is a very interesting AU and I'd like to see more.