Reviews for Four friends
Alarice Tey chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Yes, Remus must have been really, really alone. This one was so true! :)
Great done!
Bodom's Nightmare chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Wow, this was amazing. I liked how you set the entire thing up; I personally love freeverse and this just increased that. It looks almost like art. Lol that kinda sounds dumb but I mean it. I looked at it in Word and you are right. If you don't have any more of these, please write more!
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Nice. I still need to get used to freeverse on ffn being different to freeverse on FP. I really like the way you've written this, and the formatting actually - remarkably - makes sense. I see what you mean about wander wandering across the page. Looks really cool. Shame the doc manager couldn't...manage it. I take it you're talking from a third person omnipresent...a narrator that knows everything that went on, seeing as Remus didn't know Peter's role until Harry's third year.
darkblack03 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
I really liked this. I don't think I've ever read a freeverse fanfiction before. It was quite interesting! It definitely conveys the feelings I'd imagine Remus to have about his friends and their deaths (or arrest in Sirius's case). Poem format is quite powerful for things like this, and I really liked the way you did it. Great job!
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Hmm. To be honest, this is an interesting point that I've actually never considered. It must have been terrible for Lupin after the war with all of his friends gone, especially since he didn't know at the time that Sirius wasn't a murderer. I wish you had made this a bit longer, though, because I felt like the ending was abrupt, but I also don't know enough about poetry to really critique it. Otherwise, I really liked this. It made me think.
Galore12312 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This was quite interesting to read. I've never seen this kind of free verse on fanfiction before, but I quite liked it. The free verse was well written and the different text styles were nicely used. Remus's sorrow was characterised nicely. Overall- good job!
sangkar chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Wow, I quite liked this. I loved the way in which you wrote it, it made everything all floaty and dream-like. Usually I find poetry on FF to be annoying and boring, but this was certainly an exception.

Good job on this freeverse.
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I quite liked it. You phrased it exceptionally well, and even though it was short, the way its written, it amazing. Different text styles were used marvelously, and helped enhance your poetry. I loved this line:

Yo l, at the mOOn

The only thing that confused me was, did Remus know about Peter's betrayal or not? This has been written after the first world, which means before Sirius was killed, and while on one hand you say two had died, which means Remus believed Peter had died (He says Sirius was locked away too, and he found Peter's reality after Sirius was free), in the end he says they were betrayed by a Rat, which means he knows Peter Betrayed them? But if he knew that, then surely he must know that Peter had not died right?
Louey06 chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
You roped me into reading this, and may I say, thank you. This was beautiful. I'm not a great fan of poetry but I love how you used the punctuation to really explain what you were saying. I wish fanfiction hadn't messed with your spacing, but alas, it is a hard truth we must face when posting things on the internet.I especially liked the very end, i just loved the "APART" with all the different, weel not fonts, whatever you call those, it was just sort of sad and meloncholy. Does that make sense? I'm not too sure. really great job, sad and sweet, as it should be.
Uni Shall Not Sink chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
This was really good! I never understood how to do freeverse, but I ALWAYS wanted too! It just seems SO confusing, ya know? I love how you said "Even the rat" cause he did break them all apeart, didn't he? Always! Good job!
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
OOh this is interesting. I've never read a freeverse before! and I must say I really liked it. It's amazing how so few words can say so much about a person. This was a really good representation of how Remus would've felt after his friends were ripped from him.

Brilliant Job!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Boy, I actually liked the storyline behind this, and your use of freeverse was quite lovely. It gave the feel of floating through the piece, which I'm sure would've happened anyways. And I liked how Remus honestly DID seem to be wandering, without his four best friends (and I have a new found like for that word). It also turned out pretty well, all things considered, though I'm interested in how the Word document looks. As for the actual story, you described it quite well. The image of werewolf!Lupin howling his pain and sorrow is quite heartbreaking, but very plausible, and even beautiful at the same time. Because despite it all, despite Peter's betrayal that lead to the death of another friend, he still misses him because he's alone. Your freeverse with the word Locked was also very nice. Good job, and glad it worked out.