Reviews for If you live to be a hundred
the lola chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I just love how we can tell how Andromeda absolutely adores Tonks - you really really portray maternal love so well here. I loved how all along Tonks was Andromedas little girl, and the references to her being like her father and her pink hair were really nice to read.
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I loved this so much. Tonks is probably my second favourite character, and I really love reading about her relationship Andromeda. It was just lovely to see her through her mother's eyes. Until it got sad... I was actually a bit teary near the end (which is a good thing!).

I really like that this ran from Andromeda's pregnancy right through to Tonks's death. I loved the language you used throughout this - it was kind of simple, since Andromeda was basically talking to a baby at the beginning, and I really like that the tone didn't change even as Tonks grew up, because she'll always be Andromeda's little girl. (And that may not have been intended at all, but that was how it seemed to me xD)

Anyway, I think that this was a brilliant representation of Tonks's life. I love how she wanted to leave the garden but Andromeda wanted to keep her safe, and how you referred back to that when Andromeda found out her ambition to become an Auror. I loved the CharlieTonks reference (they have a thing in Hogwarts in my headcanon but, like Andromeda says, it's always obvious that they'll never be serious) and the RemusTonks bit was also lovely (I would maybe have liked to see more on them though? Although that's maybe because they're something close to an OTP for me :P).

The ending was just so painful. (Still haven't forgiven JKR for killing them off.) I love how she compares Tonks to her father throughout.

Anyway, um, sorry for the essay, and I really did love this!
lowi chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Oh, wow! This is absolutely beautiful - I loved this incredibly much. You capture Andromeda wonderfully, through her thoughts about her daughter. Also Tonks is brilliantly written, and just. Wow.

Everything here was absolutely amazing, I loved it. Wonderful work!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
This was... weird, but very lovely, and I liked how you used the prompts you were given in this. The end made me so sad I nearly cried, and I really liked how you made Andromeda think on her daughter's life like that. It was very interesting - if a bit strange to me ;)
Good job :p
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I love the repetition in this about the "you are so much like your father." and the pink hair references, and the time going by slower... it was just so sweet. I'm glad you have Charlie/Tonks during school. Anyway, reading Tonks's life from Andromeda's perspective was just so heart-wrenching. Especially since you have Andromeda say she never wants to live without her and she has to. This is just gorgeous. Well done!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
This is beautiful, and I especially like the tone and POV. Favorite bits: Andromeda embracing Tonks-sorry, Nymphadora *grin*-as a Metamorphmagus; hoping she outgrows her love of pink hair color, then realizing it suits her and appreciating it; Andromeda's appreciation of how Tonks is like her dad, how that makes her love them both, how that continues through Tonks's life; wanting to keep her protected in the garden, and how she wishes she could still keep her safe there when she joins the Aurors, the way Andromeda's experience of leaving her family for love influences her decision to accept Lupin, and most especially, the Tonks/Charlie shout-out! Overall, this is a beautiful description of the progression of motherhood, and I especially liked how you showed not only Andromeda's love for her daughter but also for Ted. Favorite line: "You are both free beings and no matter how hard you try, you will never be a dragon."

Excellent!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
I really love Tonks, and I like seeing her through Andromeda's eyes. I like how it goes all the way from Tonks's birth to her death, and I think the different sections broke the fic up nicely. The mention of CharlieTonks made me really happy, I totally see them as having a bit of a fling while they're still at Hogwarts. And the detail about Charlie liking Tonks's hair as purple-and-black is a really cool one, I can kind of picture him liking a strange, exotic look like that. There were some small SPaG errors - for instance, 'fought brave' should be 'fought bravely', and 'I do not understand why you are killed' should be either 'I do not understand why you are dead' or 'I do not understand why you were killed', but overall it's nicely-written. Good work :)
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Oh my goodness, I adore this! I honesty can't find anything wrong about it at all, I love the progression in Andromeda's thoughts and her description of Tonks as her "rainbow warrior". I also like how the pink hair color grew on her and how she was upset that Tonks didn't like the name Nymphadora. I think it would have been nice if you included a bit on how Andromeda was now taking care of Teddy, but the ending that you have is nice and natural so I still like and the last line is perfect.
AnMXD chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
aw! i love this! its so cute! its amazing, im glad it won :)
expectopadfoot chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Great story! it was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. That woman lost everyone she loved, I know I wouldn't want to live after that.
amazing job.
LIVEalittleLOVEsome chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
That was written so beautifully. I loved how honest and how obvious it was that she loved tonks. I had to get used to the short sentences and the bluntness of the fic, but by the end I really liked it. The last paragraph made me cry, I could feel so much of her pain and emotion. Good job, that was really well written!
TamariChan chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is tragic but lovely. I like how you wrote it like a letter or conversation from Andromeda to Tonks. You have a few spelling errors, like 'exited' instead of 'excited', 'seize' instead of 'cease', and 'sooth' instead of soothe. I love the last line, but I think it would have had a bigger impact on the reader if you got rid of 'you are so much like your dad it hurts' in the previous section. Great job! :)
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This was so sad and so beautiful. I love that the story's told from Andromeda's perspective as a mother musing on her child growing up. It's really a gorgeous idea. There are so many lines that I love. I love the mention of Charlie and how she'll never be a dragon. And then the way Tonks is so much like her father is such a great way to describe her. I feel so bad for Andromeda. I also really loved the line "I have faith, but faith won't have it" It rings so true for a lot of situations. this is really well done and I loved it! 3
DarkLord667 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
This was good insight into Andromeda's mind. I enjoyed seeing how her emotions changed as time progressed and the situation changed. Each segment felt as if it portrayed the intended emotion quite well. My only suggestion is that some of the sections probably could have been extended slightly. Overall, good job.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This was great and very well written. I like the idea of Andromeda feeling this way and her points of view. I didn't see and grammar issues which is always a good thing. I think you have conveyed the emotions very well and the last line is so emotional.

Good Job