Reviews for Of Whiskey and Mystics and Men
catko chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Fantastic. Here via a recommendation on Tumblr, and was thrilled to happen upon this crossover. I pursued this crossover, though not this pairing, in a series I'm sometimes doing on Live Journal, but this takes it so much further and deeper. Great characterizations and plot, love it.
Kristen257 chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
I'm not really into slash but I can't resist a Sherlock/Buffy crossover. This was quite good. I enjoyed the parallels, the brief glimpses of what was happening off-screen for both shows, and how you weaved it all together. I must say, you really made me like Lestrade more than I already do. I appreciate him more now as a character and now I've a craving for more Lestrade centered fics. Any chance you'll write more Sherlock/Buffy crossovers?
Elise chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
I just read this on LJ and I loved it!
Lestrade and all the sherlock characters seemed wonderfully in character, but I don't have an opinion on the BTVS as I've never watched it.
Fantastic Job.
Timemidae chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
This was really wonderful, beautifully done. Great idea.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Good work.
Aracertariel chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I'm not normally a much a fan of non-cannon slash.

But this is absolutely wonderfully perfect. Rupert and Greg and Sherlock and Mycroft and everything just meshes together just perfectly right for the whole thing to seem completely believable. I especially loved Greg's interactions with younger Ripper and younger Sherlock.
Scathing reviewer chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Ten billion kisses for this fic!
Jessica chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
That was amazing! I've been too lazy to review anything for some time, but it really needs to be said that this story was sensational. Brilliantly done and doesn't actually need a sequel...but if you get the urge to write one I will definitely be reading.
Now excuse while I go and read everything else you've ever written...
Astarte19 chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Wow, I'm so happy that I accidentaly stumbled upon this story yesterday! Out of sheer curiosity I looked for a cross-over Buffy/Sherlock and this caught my eye, because of the unusual pairing... and... seriously, it turned out to be one of the best pieces I've read here so far :), not just the very original and convincing story, but your writing, the style is awesome, I caught myself entirely "hooked" and read and read and read, until I reached the end in disbelief. (YOu're gonna post a sequel, right? Pleeeease?)
I wish someone would make a movie out of this :D I'd wish they could have a happy end together...
Especially I absolutely loved the way you write Lestrade (and had to smile at the part when he mocks Giles about his name "Rupert" when it occured to me that it's Rupert Graves playing Lestrade, nice random gag :)), totally authentic, true. I had my troubles imagining Giles at the young age at first, but somehow the picture came too, quite believable, and also the short Spike-appearancee was great, very spike-ish.
Anyway, thank you for writing such a wonderful story, I hope it's not the end?
cindlee chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Wow, excellent story. You kept my rapt interest every second. Thank you.
Hedlund chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I really enjoyed this!
Laimelde chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Fantastic crossover. Really loved it. Would like to know what Sherlock thinks of Lestrade's after hours work though -since he would no doubt notice the evidence of nocturnal outings in some way :)
Kurisuten-chan chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Wonderful! Now you need a post-Reichenbach sequel - this time with Lestrade visiting Giles in Sunnydale. :)

kaiiju chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
...outwardly, this crossover makes no sense. But once you start reading it, it is epic beyond belief. Thanks for the great read!
gossipmonger chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Wow. Really, I mean it. Wow.

This is the first time I have ever encountered this crossover pairing and I probably will never find one again and it saddens me because they (at least the way you write them) are perfect for each other. I love the way you detail their whole relationship and not just a snippet of it. And your Lestrade is so steadfast and emotionally there for Giles...AH! At times I just wanted to punch Giles in the face, because if I had Gregory Lestrade I would NEVER let him go. That being said, I know he had to go and I love that Greg let him.

My favorite scene is, without a doubt, when Lestrade kicks Sherlock out. It shows how much Giles meant to him. Sherlock is Lestrade's Buffy; the fact that he was willing to kick him out for Giles's comfort really does show "how far gone" he is. And it was funny.

I don't know if I am exaggerating how good your story is because I loved the characters in it, or if it really was fantastic (please don't take that statement the wrong way) but whatever it was I love it and it has definitely prompted me to read your other stories. I am not much of a reviewer beyond saying "I really liked it" or "update soon please!" Knowing that, I hope that you can see that I REALLY liked "Of Whiskey and Mystics and Men." It was one of those fanfics that I didn't want to end. Thank you very much.