Reviews for Plus One
Neko Gohan chapter 12 . 10/24/2013
Just a quick note, this is an amazing story. The concept, the intricacy... All of it. Kudos to the amazing writers working on this - the personal touches have made it sincere, and allowed a c
Guest Reviewer chapter 12 . 10/11/2013
First lover's quarrel? But the fundraiser is TOMORROW night!
(Does Gohan even have his Phoenix costume ready?)

Did he accept that promotion, thinking that he'd just see Videl on the weekends, or maybe that he'd admit his ability to fly under the guise of it being another martial arts technique (one that he could teach her, both because it is useful and would be another step towards eventually revealing his secrets)?

Also, did he ever give Marcy from public relations the name of his "plus one"?
And if so, did he write her in as "Videl (last name unknown)" or "Kata Anonymous", or "Kata Videl" or "Miss V" or...or what?

Marcy is in PR, not HR, and might want to advertise if the Champ's daughter were known to be coming to an event; a celebrity appearance is PR Gold. She'd have little reason to play info like that "close to the vest".

I'm assuming Marcy could figure that Videl is not a common first name (at least not in the age range to be Gohan's date...any children named after Videl would either be around Trunk's or Goten's age if they were named after Hercule's "victory" at the cell games, or even younger if they were named after she began to be famous on her own for her heroism with the police).

Unless Videl *WAS* a common name at the time of her birth (maybe people named their kids after Hercule's daughter after he won the last WMAT? Or maybe it was just a popular name at the time?)

So many questions! I look forward to seeing them resolved soon. :)
Guest Reviewer chapter 7 . 10/11/2013
Is 18 still bribing Hercule in this AU?
I wonder if she's going to be collecting sometime when Videl stops over.

Maybe she recognizes Videl's name, but just doesn't attach any significance to it (she may just assume Gohan must surely already know who's daughter she is).
an9454 chapter 12 . 10/10/2013
this is a very interesting and one of my favourite AU and it got some great twisting
please update soon
BunBunBun chapter 12 . 10/9/2013
This is so great! Them meeting under such different circumstances really adds a lot to the romance, and I love how their relationship developed.
And, of course, I'm really looking forward to finding out how their respective secrets will be resolved, so please update soon! I'm really, really enjoying this great story!
Guest chapter 12 . 10/9/2013
I don't always write a review,
but when i do it's because the story is to damn good.
saiyanstripes chapter 12 . 10/9/2013
I love this story, more than any other story I’m following at the moment. I love the Videl & Gohan that you have created here. They are so close to canon but at the same time, we get to see all these other human sides to them. I like that you guys have created a full world for the characters. Sometimes the fics on here tend to be so flat because the entire plot seems to take place in an unrealistic bubble where you never get to see the characters getting on in other aspects of life. You’ve definitely created a believable world for the two of them here. For example, Videl not just fighting crime but having to follow it up by giving testimony in court, Videl studying and working on her paper and Videl’s ever present struggle to balance her fame normal life. I like that Gohan had a crush on that other girl and that he had to work through his feelings for her, even though I was gritting my teeth the entire time! Lol. It makes what he has with Videl that much more heartwarming. We practically walked this falling inlove road with them, we were there from the very first conversation. So bravo you guys.

Having said that, I feel compelled to add a little extra note here to Gue22. You missy, are incredibly mean! I have read all your stories including the two that you have deleted from your profile (you know the two I’m talking about :P) When are you going to update?! You are terrible! I’m sorry to say it, especially here because I know this is a group story and Boboleta and others are doing a great job with you on this story so I don’t want to lash out at them, just at you! LOL, because I’m still waiting for an update on Demon & Still & It takes two & Worlds!

However at least I know that you are still writing, so that’s something I guess. Please update this story and all the others. *sigh*
Guest chapter 12 . 10/8/2013
This is without a doubt the best story up on this site at the moment, 100%. Read one of the reviews that mentions that Gue tends to lose track of where the original story was going, and I do tend to agree with that statement, Ive read most of your stories and while excellent, you do tend to build and build, and then get off track which takes alot of gravity away from certain big moments that the readers were waiting for, also kinda leads to a loss of the original plot and a "where do we go from here?" feeling, remember what this story began as and how things started, don't try to force too much tension, let the story have a light hearted feel. What really grabbed me about this story in the beginning was how true it felt to DBZ and the characters, they felt real, it felt truly like a situation the characters could be in, the fact that the story didn't have a lot of forced tension played a big part in that, remember, during DBZ most of the tension and emotional conflict came from the action, whereas other parts of the story were lighthearted, laid-back, and comedic, I would like to see some sort of action in this story, it doesn't have to be major, it doesn't have to be the focus of the story, but it would fit nicely, it could definitely help add some more depth to the story and it would be an interesting way to have certain things explained to Videl, would also be a nice way to switch gears... I hate to level any criticizim at this story considering how much I enjoy it, as I mentioned, it's definitely the best story on this site, and the only one fir which I actively wait for updates, update this one regularly, don't rush the plot, but also don't get lost in it, whatever negative I have or could say about this story pales in comparison to how much I feel is positive. Keep up the good work.
Darkfrost chapter 12 . 10/8/2013
Is Videl really going to her father's house? If it is, imagine how the conversion might be.
Quon chapter 12 . 10/7/2013
I hope you guys can get the next chapter out asap! This story is starting to get really interesting
Guest chapter 12 . 10/7/2013
Gue you always do this in all of your fics, you let the suspense build and build and then I think you lose sight of what you were trying to achieve or get distracted, and then it's lost. have him find out about who she is, and soon.
Vegetable lov3r chapter 12 . 10/7/2013
Oh Gohan, you shouldn't say those things about your father in law XD poor guy he haven't idea.
I'm dying to see how the whole thing will explode, just say who you really are guys! Maybe Buu should come to the earth that way she could see the truth herself :P
Great chapter, can't wait for the next one :D
JRecon chapter 12 . 10/7/2013
well that was a fun chapter cant wait for the next one, keep up the good work.
NiceNipps chapter 12 . 10/7/2013
Oh I loved it! Especially how the last conversation went. Still looking forward to how Gohan will react to Ms. Satan ;)
UltimateGohan42 chapter 12 . 10/7/2013
Gahhh! Just tell him already! Damnit gohan! Great chapter, can't wait for the next
470 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »