Reviews for Casting Shadows
Steveaaml chapter 18 . 11/3/2014
This was masterfully done. The magical plot was complex and nicely foreshadowed throughout, as well as very exciting. You did a great job blending the action plot with the romance plot, so that they felt intertwined, and one never sacrificed anything in the other.
The romance plot was amazing. You wrote an enormous novel of a story with an OC as Sakura's fiancé, and you did it without ever making him u likeable or unrealistic. I loved Kaito, and that is a truly remarkable achievement.
Phenomenal work.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/2/2014
HE'S NICE!
You made Sakura's fiancé nice.
I'm so happy. You're doing a really mature take on this concept, and I'm totally thrilled about it.
Steveaaml chapter 2 . 11/2/2014
Oh this is so good already! I was hesitant at the start, worried that Sakura would be furious and things would be strained for 10 chapters and etc. but no! Sakura feels like Sakura - kind and understanding, and I'm so invested in this S/S/T dynamic.
Fantastic start.
riaanaa chapter 18 . 7/30/2014
This story is really good.. :)
ndesi62 chapter 18 . 7/6/2014
Great story overall, brilliant romance and I loved how you used the Masuru plot line as a foil for the main one about Sakura, Syaoran, and Kaito. Really, really good, the only thing I would say though is I don't understand at the end how the Elders allowed Syaoran's marriage to Sakura. If they had so little power to stop him once they became leader, why was Syaoran so timid throughout the story? Surely he knew how much authority he would have as Leader. So why not oblige them long enough to be coronated and then just rejoin Sakura on his own initiative. Conversely, if the Elders do have a lot of power, what exactly did Syaoran do to beat them? Whatever it was, I wouldve liked to see it. I feel like the Elders were the real villains of this story, and I really would have liked to see them getting the thrashing they deserved.
If you ever consider a rewrite or just a revisit of this story, I hope you consider addressing that. It's just not a satisfying end without having our readers' revenge against them. That said, though, it was a really really great story and I enjoyed every minute of the ride. Thanks so much for writing it and I hope to read more of your work soon!
Kouyan chapter 18 . 4/25/2014
I seriously love this work I'm so glad things turned out well between Sakura and Syaoran. I've lost count of the times I felt my chest tightening I swear I nearly cried. Great job!
passwordrawr chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
You sneaked into my heart and broke it. Hopefully the repair operation goes smoothly.
*tearing up*
sakurablossom729 chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
awesome story, I could not stop reading it until iot was finished :)
CuteSherry chapter 18 . 12/11/2013
I actually didn't sleep at night AT ALL in order to read all 18 chapters one after another. I never thought it would take me so long! Needless to say, considering I did such a thing, the goodness of the story can't be denied. It is well written and got me reading, reading and reading it without being able to stop myself!

But after finishing it all, I have mixed feelings, I do not feel like I was totally happy about it, and most particularly, what really bothered me in the end are: Sakura and Syaoran's personalities.

They often didn't feel like they were grown up and acted like their 10 years old selves (feelings and denseness wise I mean), I do not believe Clamp meant for Sakura to be 'dense' forever, not that her denseness went that far to start with even as a child in CCS, she is more sensitive to the feelings of the people surrounding here than you made her seem, by FAR; we can also see how grown up and mature she is in TRC for example, even as only her teenager self, without going as far as taking in considering her mother self, or even her one appearance as CCSSakura near the end of TRC and the way she talked to her other older self.

On the other side of course, this is a FANFIC, for the writers to have the liberty to give life to their favorite characters in different worlds and selves is their privilege and what it is all about! Following the manga/anime original is by no mean a rule I believe, and I rad countless other stories in which SxS personalities were brutally different from what Clamp made them. I can also understand you NEEDED them to be like this to fit with the story.

The problem now, is that in this actual case, it was...unnerving. I was actually genuinely annoyed by Sakura's behavior, which is rare, and same for Syaoran, which is EVEN more rare considering he is my number all time favorite male character, he was excessively hot tempered and plain BAD tempered too often during the story, way out of his original character, he was even plain disagreeable in some scenes and him blowing off at people all the time started to feel almost painful.

The last scene of chapter 18 when he talked with Sakura is actually when I finally 'recognized' him, and finally thought: "aaaahh, this is Syaoran, the one who is brave and direct, who honestly fight for his Sakura without all the melodrama!".

The battle scenes were interesting and I liked how you decided to use the material of movie 1 and show us another POV of it, that was pretty good, my first time seeing this kind of plot.

About Kaito...mmmhhh...I'm actually not sure what to make of him, but my general feeling in the whole is that he was nice, though his forever smiling at first made he feel a bit fake and I wondered for a moment if it wasn't a facade and there might have been more than meet the eyes to him, but he ended but being simply a pretty decent guy. In the whole as said before, my problem is really with SxS not the rest of the characters or story which were good.

Sorry, I am aware this is not the nicest review you got yet, but after spending so many hours reading, I thought I wanted to say sincerely what I felt about it.
oxjenayxo chapter 18 . 11/22/2013
This has to be one of the most well-written fanfics (not just CCS fanfic, of fanfics in general) that I have read in a long time, and I've read over hundreds. It was a bit frustrating that it was taking Syaoran and Sakura forever to get together, and even though we all know they were going to in the end, you almost made it seem like they wouldn't. And it was disheartening. I wish the ending was a little fluffier, in true CCS-style, especially so we could see more of how happy Syaoran and Sakura would be, but I think the ending you chose with Kaito was elegant. Bravo, and I look forward to reading your future work.
Noelle chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
I seriously just cried after reading that... What a fantastic story! I absolutely loved it! Sakura x Syaoran forever! Keep up the great work! :)
SakuSyaoLvr chapter 18 . 10/25/2013
Oh. My. GOSH stop being such a fantastic writer! YAYYYYYYYY SAKURA AND SYAORAN ARE TOGETHER AGAIN! I literally have so much to say i probably wouldn't be able to fit it into 10 reviews XD half way through this chapter i was 99.99% convinced that they wouldn't end up together and that other .01% was hoping for a freaking fantastic miracle which you totally gave! I can't even…i read this in 2 days! It was insanely addicted and i'm sad it's over. Soooo much happened but i'm glad it wasn't too fast. It was the perfect pace and everything was unpredictable. I FREAKIN LOVE THIS! I always saw this story but i always skipped it cause i thought that it would be another boring magic story but boy was i about 1000000% wrong! I think i've praised you and this story enough! Can't wait to read your other works :) you'll definately see around again :)
SakuSyaoLvr chapter 5 . 10/23/2013
Oh my gosh. Stop. This story is tooooooooo addicting! So insanely good! If i didn't leave a review i would not have been able to stop reading! I need to stop reading this for now :) can't wait to read the rest :)
TooLazyToLogIn chapter 18 . 10/22/2013
Is it possible to attach a sound file to a review? I'm pretty sure that a tape of my many emotional noises over the course of this fix would be quite entertaining.

Bravo! Brava! Bravissimo! Whatever the blurg else I can add that accentuates your brilliance! You have successfully navigated the Characters Break Up and One Gets a New Partner plotline and come out on top. If only I had a nickel for every sucky story that follows the same guide.

Most people go and bash whatever poor pathetic OC they have created as the placeholder to bits within the first three paragraphs, and the audience, who have no idea how real life works, feels it to be righteous. Kaito, however, I actually liked as a character. You just can't hate him. That's exactly what you need for a realistic story where the people stay IC and the situation is believeable.

So one again, a theaterfull of cheering fans to you! You deserve it!
Guest chapter 18 . 10/1/2013
It's awesome are you starting a new story soon?