Reviews for Casting Shadows
I need more syaosaku fanfics from youuuuuuuu
kori kaoru himura chapter 18 . 6/20/2015
I have no words to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this story. I absolutely love the SxS couple and I just loved the fact you kept true to their personalities. It seems that most stories fail to do that or are more willing to do an AU story. I like stories that shows a credible ending to it such as this one. I enjoyed reading everything including the characters you created. The plot was great, I could not stop reading I swear! The only thing that sadden me was that we really did not see much romanticism from Sakura and Syaoran other than at the very end and just rather small. I guess it goes hand in hand with keeping everyone on character and for the purpose of the plot but I would have loved to see more romantic scenes develop lol I almost died knowing there was not an epilogue. You are such a talented author! I will be stopping by your profile in the hopes of finding more stories of SCC. I just loved you writing style and everything you created for this story! Thank you so much for sharing, please keep writing, you are very VERY talented!
The Siege chapter 18 . 6/1/2015
This was sweet and well-written but I honestly feel like Sakura and Syaoran's reconciliation at the end is just too abrupt. I mean personally, if the love of my life left me three times without a word, even if he was being threatened or whatever by his clan and worrying about the well-being of his family, I would definitely not be able to forgive him so easily. I mean, I know that's just Sakura's personality but, I don't know, Syaoran just up and leaving so many times without a word just shows how unwilling he was to fight for her, no matter how much he loved her. He was being pathetically wimpy and clearly didn't believe in their love enough to try to keep it and I just don't feel like he deserved his happy ending - at least, not this easily.

And Sakura was just...completely a damsel in distress, which I really can't stomach, considering that she can definitely take care of herself. She was just spineless! To be honest, when Kaito was first introduced as her fiancee, I was happy because I thought she had managed to move on from Syaoran and find someone who would love and want to be with her as much as she loved and wanted to be with him. But it turned out that was not the case.

I AM happy about the EriolxTomoyo side romance because EriolxKaho always rubbed me the wrong way, even if he was technically older than he looked. I also like how Kaito and Jia sort of bond at the end - I can definitely see them together.

I like your writing but I think your characterization could use a little work. Syaoran was too grumpy and submissive and Sakura wasn't spunky enough. I would've liked to see more than the stereotypical Mary Sue personality from her, as well as more bravery from Syaoran. Anyway, thanks for sharing this story!
Steveaaml chapter 18 . 11/3/2014
This was masterfully done. The magical plot was complex and nicely foreshadowed throughout, as well as very exciting. You did a great job blending the action plot with the romance plot, so that they felt intertwined, and one never sacrificed anything in the other.
The romance plot was amazing. You wrote an enormous novel of a story with an OC as Sakura's fiancé, and you did it without ever making him u likeable or unrealistic. I loved Kaito, and that is a truly remarkable achievement.
Phenomenal work.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/2/2014
You made Sakura's fiancé nice.
I'm so happy. You're doing a really mature take on this concept, and I'm totally thrilled about it.
Steveaaml chapter 2 . 11/2/2014
Oh this is so good already! I was hesitant at the start, worried that Sakura would be furious and things would be strained for 10 chapters and etc. but no! Sakura feels like Sakura - kind and understanding, and I'm so invested in this S/S/T dynamic.
Fantastic start.
riaanaa chapter 18 . 7/30/2014
This story is really good.. :)
ndesi62 chapter 18 . 7/6/2014
Great story overall, brilliant romance and I loved how you used the Masuru plot line as a foil for the main one about Sakura, Syaoran, and Kaito. Really, really good, the only thing I would say though is I don't understand at the end how the Elders allowed Syaoran's marriage to Sakura. If they had so little power to stop him once they became leader, why was Syaoran so timid throughout the story? Surely he knew how much authority he would have as Leader. So why not oblige them long enough to be coronated and then just rejoin Sakura on his own initiative. Conversely, if the Elders do have a lot of power, what exactly did Syaoran do to beat them? Whatever it was, I wouldve liked to see it. I feel like the Elders were the real villains of this story, and I really would have liked to see them getting the thrashing they deserved.
If you ever consider a rewrite or just a revisit of this story, I hope you consider addressing that. It's just not a satisfying end without having our readers' revenge against them. That said, though, it was a really really great story and I enjoyed every minute of the ride. Thanks so much for writing it and I hope to read more of your work soon!
Kouyan chapter 18 . 4/25/2014
I seriously love this work I'm so glad things turned out well between Sakura and Syaoran. I've lost count of the times I felt my chest tightening I swear I nearly cried. Great job!
passwordrawr chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
You sneaked into my heart and broke it. Hopefully the repair operation goes smoothly.
*tearing up*
sakurablossom729 chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
awesome story, I could not stop reading it until iot was finished :)
CuteSherry chapter 18 . 12/11/2013
I actually didn't sleep at night AT ALL in order to read all 18 chapters one after another. I never thought it would take me so long! Needless to say, considering I did such a thing, the goodness of the story can't be denied. It is well written and got me reading, reading and reading it without being able to stop myself!

But after finishing it all, I have mixed feelings, I do not feel like I was totally happy about it, and most particularly, what really bothered me in the end are: Sakura and Syaoran's personalities.

They often didn't feel like they were grown up and acted like their 10 years old selves (feelings and denseness wise I mean), I do not believe Clamp meant for Sakura to be 'dense' forever, not that her denseness went that far to start with even as a child in CCS, she is more sensitive to the feelings of the people surrounding here than you made her seem, by FAR; we can also see how grown up and mature she is in TRC for example, even as only her teenager self, without going as far as taking in considering her mother self, or even her one appearance as CCSSakura near the end of TRC and the way she talked to her other older self.

On the other side of course, this is a FANFIC, for the writers to have the liberty to give life to their favorite characters in different worlds and selves is their privilege and what it is all about! Following the manga/anime original is by no mean a rule I believe, and I rad countless other stories in which SxS personalities were brutally different from what Clamp made them. I can also understand you NEEDED them to be like this to fit with the story.

The problem now, is that in this actual case, it was...unnerving. I was actually genuinely annoyed by Sakura's behavior, which is rare, and same for Syaoran, which is EVEN more rare considering he is my number all time favorite male character, he was excessively hot tempered and plain BAD tempered too often during the story, way out of his original character, he was even plain disagreeable in some scenes and him blowing off at people all the time started to feel almost painful.

The last scene of chapter 18 when he talked with Sakura is actually when I finally 'recognized' him, and finally thought: "aaaahh, this is Syaoran, the one who is brave and direct, who honestly fight for his Sakura without all the melodrama!".

The battle scenes were interesting and I liked how you decided to use the material of movie 1 and show us another POV of it, that was pretty good, my first time seeing this kind of plot.

About Kaito...mmmhhh...I'm actually not sure what to make of him, but my general feeling in the whole is that he was nice, though his forever smiling at first made he feel a bit fake and I wondered for a moment if it wasn't a facade and there might have been more than meet the eyes to him, but he ended but being simply a pretty decent guy. In the whole as said before, my problem is really with SxS not the rest of the characters or story which were good.

Sorry, I am aware this is not the nicest review you got yet, but after spending so many hours reading, I thought I wanted to say sincerely what I felt about it.
oxjenayxo chapter 18 . 11/22/2013
This has to be one of the most well-written fanfics (not just CCS fanfic, of fanfics in general) that I have read in a long time, and I've read over hundreds. It was a bit frustrating that it was taking Syaoran and Sakura forever to get together, and even though we all know they were going to in the end, you almost made it seem like they wouldn't. And it was disheartening. I wish the ending was a little fluffier, in true CCS-style, especially so we could see more of how happy Syaoran and Sakura would be, but I think the ending you chose with Kaito was elegant. Bravo, and I look forward to reading your future work.
Noelle chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
I seriously just cried after reading that... What a fantastic story! I absolutely loved it! Sakura x Syaoran forever! Keep up the great work! :)