Reviews for Uplifted
5 Coloured Walker chapter 17 . 1/31
A great story, worth the read, I look forward to the catch up.

For those who wish to read it, other than canonical errors such as time required to acclimatize [which I'm mostly ok with], and occasional missing words/grammer, everything is good here.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 4 . 1/31
Looking good, I probably won't review this again until the end, however this does have plenty of grammatical errors in it. Mostly missing bits, instead of bits unused.
PoptartProdigy chapter 13 . 1/8
No, I'll bet that Adam Jensen never did ask for this. I mean Adam Hoch. Wait, no, Joachim Jensen D*mn it!

Heh. Just me being a smartass. I like what I'm seeing from the story so far. You do a good job of bringing some nuance to a group in history that is reviled as one of the worst ever envisioned by humanity. Too often, recountings of WWII turn into: the EVIL Germans started invading everybody and slaughtering those they didn't like wholesale, while the EVIL Japanese did the same in the Pacific, and then the HEROIC and GOOD Americans/British/French Resistance/Russians/Speaker's Country of Origin came in and SAVED THE DAY!

In reality, it was a lot more complex than that, and I think you showing a ground-level view of the action from the Axis side does a good job of showing that, so kudos.

I do have some narrative concerns. Hoch and Jarva are progressing EXTREMELY quickly down the relationship path. It's a bit unfeasible that they went from "shots fired" to "one step short of sex" over the course of the month. Real-life relationships take a while longer to evolve to that point, especially when this complex of a circumstance, involving first contact, lies, insults, traumatic injuries, and violence, is in play. That being said, it isn't a deal breaker, and I'm under no illusions that you're in a position to revise at this point; you're four stories in, and you can't revise at the whim of every random reviewer anyway.

One thing that keeps bugging me is grammar and proofing. There are errors all over the place, from misspellings to comma misuse, from run-on sentences to tense errors, from punctuation mix-ups to confusing sentence parsing. This isn't unreadable by any means, but it could definitely use the services of an editor. It's just distracting.

These aside, though, I really do like the story. The idea that aliens would show up for selfish reasons isn't a new one, but that they would come in on the side of the Nazis absolutely is, and I look forward to seeing where it's going. The internal politics of Nazi Germany are something you've only touched on so far, and I really can't wait to see more of that. Will we see anything of the Japanese, or is that another story for another time, and possibly another author?

Thanks much for posting! I eagerly look forward to reading onward.
Trace Reading chapter 17 . 12/30/2014
drag, dragging, dragged.

DRUG IS NOT THE PROPER PAST TENSE OF DRAG.
thepkrmgc chapter 12 . 9/26/2014
why is tali on the char list when the fic is 2/3rd over and she hasnt shown up?
thepkrmgc chapter 11 . 9/26/2014
wtf reapers, roman husks were not what i envisioned this fic being about
thepkrmgc chapter 10 . 9/26/2014
now the prothean thing comes out of left field, i thought it was mars that had the ruins
thepkrmgc chapter 9 . 9/26/2014
its interesting how the main characters are the bad guys by any sane definition, yet i still find myself rooting for them, POV changes everything indeed
thepkrmgc chapter 8 . 9/26/2014
yay for ancestors of Shepard and Jack fighting for the allies! shame they didnt get the intel that the aliens went to tripoli...

any chance that alenko and williams will be joining their strike team?
thepkrmgc chapter 7 . 9/26/2014
and so the fleet arrives, im glad im reading this after the fact: this would have been a nasty cliffhanger
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 9/26/2014
its interesting that the admralty board saw the facists as most useful, i wonder what rommel will make of the quarians?
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 9/26/2014
and so the quarians are headed right into allied hands, it should be good for them to see the arsenal of democracy in action
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 9/26/2014
enter the scientists! i wonder what the allies will do about their new intel
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 9/26/2014
nice job providing a rational portrayal of delicate issues without ignoring the sins of either party
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 9/26/2014
I wonder why the quarians crashed, and how much they learned of humanity before they did