Reviews for Uplifted
ZBeck chapter 13 . 9/22
That Deus Ex reference made me laugh
Kardikek chapter 16 . 6/17
I had no idea what this was going to be like beyond an interesting concept but holy shit it was good. It's beyond obvious how many little details about the period you included to make the situation plausible.
Aotearas chapter 6 . 5/18
A bit nitpicking on an otherwise well researched fanfic: Hawker Hurricane engines, or most other engines of that time period for that matter were entirely mechanical and thus wouldn't be able to be disabled in any such manner.
moosejuice5 chapter 7 . 5/8
It's a nice idea and a origional fic but tbh it's rarther pro-natzi for me
DMD Hanafin chapter 8 . 3/13
This is very interesting I just hope you won't start portraying them (nazis) as complete demons later on.
Sieg heil!
MysticMerlin chapter 2 . 1/22
I'm curious as to how Hitler will handle the aliens. I have a hard time imagining that he'd get along with them just fine all things considered. Use them for their advanced technology? Yes. Actually consider them people (Not to mention I doubt it'd be to difficult for the Quarians to find out what the Nazi's are actually like)? I doubt it.
Blade of Iron chapter 5 . 1/20
Poor Fuhrmann (foreman) I think "shiezer" will become his epitath
1-1 Marines chapter 1 . 1/6
Well, this is different. I never played Mass Effect, but it's definitely an interesting alternative history concept.
Joachim's views suit him, though it should be "Commissars," not "commissioners."
Very...pleasant...little first contact.
Vecktus chapter 13 . 11/16/2015
Maximun Red-pilled.
OBSERVER01 chapter 17 . 4/15/2015
excellent fic
Arekanderu chapter 17 . 3/22/2015
This is fascinating! A very interesting AU. I did not expect this at all
5 Coloured Walker chapter 17 . 1/31/2015
A great story, worth the read, I look forward to the catch up.

For those who wish to read it, other than canonical errors such as time required to acclimatize [which I'm mostly ok with], and occasional missing words/grammer, everything is good here.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 4 . 1/31/2015
Looking good, I probably won't review this again until the end, however this does have plenty of grammatical errors in it. Mostly missing bits, instead of bits unused.
PoptartProdigy chapter 13 . 1/8/2015
No, I'll bet that Adam Jensen never did ask for this. I mean Adam Hoch. Wait, no, Joachim Jensen D*mn it!

Heh. Just me being a smartass. I like what I'm seeing from the story so far. You do a good job of bringing some nuance to a group in history that is reviled as one of the worst ever envisioned by humanity. Too often, recountings of WWII turn into: the EVIL Germans started invading everybody and slaughtering those they didn't like wholesale, while the EVIL Japanese did the same in the Pacific, and then the HEROIC and GOOD Americans/British/French Resistance/Russians/Speaker's Country of Origin came in and SAVED THE DAY!

In reality, it was a lot more complex than that, and I think you showing a ground-level view of the action from the Axis side does a good job of showing that, so kudos.

I do have some narrative concerns. Hoch and Jarva are progressing EXTREMELY quickly down the relationship path. It's a bit unfeasible that they went from "shots fired" to "one step short of sex" over the course of the month. Real-life relationships take a while longer to evolve to that point, especially when this complex of a circumstance, involving first contact, lies, insults, traumatic injuries, and violence, is in play. That being said, it isn't a deal breaker, and I'm under no illusions that you're in a position to revise at this point; you're four stories in, and you can't revise at the whim of every random reviewer anyway.

One thing that keeps bugging me is grammar and proofing. There are errors all over the place, from misspellings to comma misuse, from run-on sentences to tense errors, from punctuation mix-ups to confusing sentence parsing. This isn't unreadable by any means, but it could definitely use the services of an editor. It's just distracting.

These aside, though, I really do like the story. The idea that aliens would show up for selfish reasons isn't a new one, but that they would come in on the side of the Nazis absolutely is, and I look forward to seeing where it's going. The internal politics of Nazi Germany are something you've only touched on so far, and I really can't wait to see more of that. Will we see anything of the Japanese, or is that another story for another time, and possibly another author?

Thanks much for posting! I eagerly look forward to reading onward.