Reviews for Uplifted
XT Vengeance chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
Hokay Danny, I started reading this today, thinking that I would give it a chance. Five chapters later, and I want more. MOAR GODDAMMIT!
S33KR-HUN chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
Keep it up. I really enjoy this story. I planned something like this in my head, but not this far.

I laughed my ass off at the end. "How does a trip to Tripoli sound?"
Charlie019 chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
Fighting alongside with Italy?

They're screwed. No offense to the Italians but they have been known to screw up every single battle they participate in WW2.

Gahhh the anticipation...
Kelenas chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
Okay... I'm sorry to say but there's a pretty hefty flaw in this chapter, specifically in your portrayal of Element Zero, and the workings of Mass Effect ships and FTL-communication.

To put it simply; Eezo doesn't work the way you describe. At all.

Eezo can produce dark energy fields allowing for the manipulation of a target object's mass. This is done by running an electrical current through it, with the current's nature determining whether mass is increased or decreased. ME-ships use this by lowering their own mass to the point where they can travel at FTL-speeds, but the Eezo is not used up during this process, and it is not inflammable.

Also, ME-ships do not have an FTL communication device as such. Instead, in ME FTL communications depends on buoys. These function like miniature-Relays in that the buoys create tunnel-like mass effect fields inside wich a laser can propagate at FTL speeds. A network of such buoys then forms a chain to transmit messages between them almost instantaneously. As long as there is even a single working buoy in the Solar system, the quarians could access it using a laser, though depending on its position this might be rather difficult and/or involving a sizable time-delay. They'd likely also be unable to receive messages - merely to send them.

I know this throws a rather large wrench into your plot, but the way Eezo and ME FTL travel/communications is a pretty large divergence from how they're portrayed in ME canon, with rather far-reaching consequences; if Eezo is used up when creating ME fields, then what would happen to biotics? Do they die/critically harm themselves when they use their powers because the Eezo within their bodies burns when they do? Can they only use their powers a single time in their lives, or do they have to constantly replenish their Eezo-reserves?

How about weapons and armor; do they require Eezo-replenishment whenever they're used? What would the Asari be like under these circumstances? Etc.
Russians In a Tunnel chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
And so the plot becomes a tad more metaphorically viscous... I cannot wait to see how they will go about not only infiltrating Allied N. Africa, but setting up an eezo mining operation as well! And as for the Quarians blending in with the Africa Korps... even with gloves on, they still have those bent shins... so I look foreward to seeing how you get around that!

With Regards,

Russians In A Tunnel
undyinghunter chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
Frak yeah! Erwin Rommel is gonna show up me thinks. Please let him find out about the Quarians. He's too smart to miss something like that. Plus he would be a great liason between the Quarians and human militaries, so please ley him stay alive in this.
undyinghunter chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
As a ME fan and a history major with WW2 as my area of expertise, I have to say that this is nothing short of epic. The only thing I want to see in here now is Erwin Rommel. Cause if the Germans want to make a good impression on the Quarians, the best person to do that is the Last Knight of Germany himself. Just my opinion.
Minuteman76 chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
As must I lothe the Nazis for everything they did real life, I do understand that the war was more complex, than a lot of us would belive at first. You have done more than a decent job of protraying the different points of view of these groups in your fic. Captain Hanala is sure having quite the crush for Hoch, though I do wonder what she would do if she confronts the more darker side of her hosts. So the allies are connecting the dots sweet. Yeah Hoch better watch out, espeacially when the British intelligence involved hehe. As for your characters poking of other countries, I'll okay with it because it is pretty much honest take on how everybody in different nation view each look at things. To sum up you're doing a great job DarkDanny, may the force be with you.
Russians In a Tunnel chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Damn... now I have to wait a whole 3 days until the next update, if they keep following the same pattern.

Regardless, though, I look foreward to seeing the way that the the Allies will react to their new information. With any luck, it wont be by storming a museum in Vienna and screwing up first contact...

With Regards,

Russians In A Tunnel
baynard chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
I'm amazed at the quality and historical detail you're incororating into your story, this is shaping up to be one of the best alternate first contact fics i've come across, and what's more impressive is that it's not a crossover! I've got you on favorites and can't wait for your next update! keep up the awesome writing
Kelenas chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Ah, blatant military machismo. I have to admit I wondered why there wasn't more of it.

I'm somewhat disappointed there was no Fuhrmann in this chapter, but the appearance of von Braun made up for it.

The appearance of the British makes things more interesting, though I think Major Cross dismissed the possibility of the Nazis capturing something from the Soviets far too quickly.
Janizary chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Sky Aryans, oh boy. Portraying them as 'deity like' might work, but that always seems to have shortfall at some point. ;)
joniedinofreak chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
excellent chapter, as usual
Rommelfan chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
This story is awesome Rommel should be in it.
The Eternal Winter chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
Another interesting chapter, keep up the good work my friend.
453 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 .. Last Next »