Reviews for Uplifted
Kelenas chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Ah, blatant military machismo. I have to admit I wondered why there wasn't more of it.

I'm somewhat disappointed there was no Fuhrmann in this chapter, but the appearance of von Braun made up for it.

The appearance of the British makes things more interesting, though I think Major Cross dismissed the possibility of the Nazis capturing something from the Soviets far too quickly.
Janizary chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Sky Aryans, oh boy. Portraying them as 'deity like' might work, but that always seems to have shortfall at some point. ;)
joniedinofreak chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
excellent chapter, as usual
Rommelfan chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
This story is awesome Rommel should be in it.
Brenediction chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
Another interesting chapter, keep up the good work my friend.
unity9 chapter 3 . 6/21/2012
I like this story. Is this plot going to create an alternative history such as the 'Nazis winning the war only to find the Mass Relays later on?'
baynard chapter 3 . 6/21/2012
I love altered first contact stories, and this is so far shaping up to be an excellent one! barely a week and you got three chapters going, I can't wait to see what you come up with next D So humanity being uplifted during WWII during the worst of it's fighting huh? might be interesting seeing as thats the time period when we managed to create the nuclear bomb as well.
Russians In a Tunnel chapter 3 . 6/21/2012

Now, with that obligitory statement outta the way, I have to say, I love this story. It has a good premise, and having Nazi's find the Quarians could create a very dark alternate future, unless of course you do what another reviewer said and just got Hoch and the Quarians to lead a coup and surplant Der Reichsf├╝hrer, and put in the Kaiser's son as a new leader. Also, VERY subtle romantic foreshadowing in this chapter. ;)

With regards-

Octo8 chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
It's kinda insane how many reviews this gets, but I'll add in mine nonetheless. I think it's a very creative idea, with potential for many changes, and you seem to be able to pull it off. Of course, most likely it will lead to a rather dark future...
Hetzer chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
Now this is different!

I am very interested in this story, and it is always great when the story is well worded and written by a talented author. The chemistry you work between characters is simply outstanding!

I will be eagerly waiting for more.
Kelenas chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
Another interesting chapter! I liked how you fleshed out Major Hoch a bit more, though I'd have preferred to see more of Corporal Fuhrmann. He reminds me a bit of Randal Oland from Pumpkin Scissors, if that tells you anything.

The problem in this chapter is with Hoch's stated reason and timing for joining the Waffen-SS, because in 1935 it would barely qualify as a "military force" at all, much less an "elite" one, since at this point it was newly-formed and still entirely dependant on the Wehrmacht for equipment, arms, training and even recruits, with the SS receiving the lowest priority in pretty much all categories, barely numbering 2 regiments (5000 men).

The most notable fact about the Waffen-SS is also that the majority of its members (60%/360k men) were, in fact, non-German volunteers and conscripts.

Though I'll admit that I just pulled those information off the respective Wiki-sites, so I can't guarantee their accuracy.

It still might not be a bad idea to re-phrase Hoch's reasons for joining the SS so they're based more on opportunistic socio-political considerations than militaristic ego. Basically, him figuring that joining the SS will provide better career opportunities - whether military, civilian or political - once the war is over, due to it being closer than the Wehrmacht to the Nazi Party's ideology.
kc chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Great story so far. Love your other works of fiction as well. Keep up the great work.

P.s. nazis were evil. Anyone who says different is naive or evil themselves
The Historinator chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
No glorification of one of the most awesome governments ever?

There aren't any good nazi-mass effect fan fictions either.

More seriously as a history major it always depresses me to see people claim the Nazis were evil. They weren't any worse than any of the Allies.

You want to know the biggest difference between the Axis and the Allies? The Axis lost. Both sides committed massive atrocities, just like every participant has in every war ever waged. The only good guys in WW2 were the Swiss, and that's because they didn't actively participate.

WW2 was just a larger version of one of those many, many wars where who was right got determined by who was left. Democracy triumphed and was therefore GOOD while National Socialism and Fascism lost and are therefore BAD.

It's also ironic that people treat notions of racial superiority as somehow worse than mass murder these days. Get over yourselves.
Classy Cynic chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
Interesting development and characterization between your two characters. My spidey sense predicts that Joachim and Hanala might get into a relationship sometime soon...

Out of interest, is Shepard going to feature in this story as an Allied soldier or an Axis soldier? Is he going to appear during WWII or after the uplift has occurred?
Taalar chapter 3 . 6/19/2012
You are a good author and this story has potential. I look forward to seeing where it goes.
443 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 .. Last Next »