Reviews for Uplifted
Cap'n Chryssalid chapter 17 . 1/29/2013
They will be only the first in a long line of people who will look down on this. Human and quarian alike."
methinks she underestimates the literally 'star crossed lovers' aspect of storytelling and just how much humans love that stuff.
(is proven right, and Teen Tali, adorable)

Staring between the human and the alien that had addressed himself as an Admiral, Gerd von Rundstedt nodded speechless as he stepped out of the way, allowing the two of them to enter his home. He did not realize at the time that the conversation they would have would change his life, his fate and the fate of Germany forever.
There's hope after all! Thank god.

TIM and one of the Xen women?
That is very nearly as scary as the Reapers.

Actually, no, we only got one Reaper scene but it was pretty fucking great. Romans? Huskified Romans?! FFFFFUU-

This was a fun fic, and with a very unexpected cast, but but great character nonetheless. For a history or alt-history lover it is doubly fun. Yes, I enjoyed this fic a good deal! Enough for a Fav tag.
Byakugan789 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
of COURSE they contact the germans first. How else could something this simple go horribly wrong?
Onsholo chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
The nazis hate humans that are not 100% germanic so i prettu sure they would hate the aliens specially considering the fact that quarian society follows some of the socialist ideas
acid.furry chapter 4 . 12/25/2012
This is just to unbelievable... The Nazis would have killed them, and damned the humans to space bombardment. I tried reading it, but it just cant keep my interest.
Shinkicker chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Oh.. There IS a sequel!? Two!? Brb reading. :p
Shinkicker chapter 17 . 12/23/2012
That was a very good, yet somewhat... Disturbing? Unsettling? Story. I've never read something where the Nazis were not strictly antagonists. The details were very good, and all the SS officers were creepy as hell - and the attitudes of the regular soliders towards them, along with people attitudes back then. Will say though Rommel was awesome, pity he didn't survive the war - or did he in this timeline? You managed to get the whole war is hell thing across though.

I'm glad I stuck with this, even though I was a little iffy on the Nazi angle. It was interesting.

Although I would have liked to see something about the intervening years and how the Quarians manipulated the human governments - particularly the Nazis. I get the impression Rundstedt and 'Zorah put something in motion to set modern events though.

Wonder if anything Happened to the Reaper burried under the desert or if it was lost for all time.

Also I laughed out lous when Hoch said "I did not ask for this." While looking at his new arms. (If you don't know the reference YouTube Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer, but I'm sure you do since the whole drink thing mirrors the trailer somewhat)

Thanks for posting.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Man this is amazing!
no just no chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
soviets i can deal with they were not racist
but the nazis were
if the nazis discovered aliens espcialy aliens confined to enviro suits they would kill them all or atleast attempt to
DamionKenley117 chapter 17 . 12/3/2012
I'm writing this now, at the beginning of this chapter, to say that my mind EXPLODED with the developmental possibilities of interspecies relationships. They've had a hundred years on the same planet...

"Ooops." Heh.

Ok, I have only one question to ask, here at the end of this fascinating work of (fan)fiction.
...TIM is CLEARLY the descendant of Hoch. The lighter being the clue. Except...how!?
DamionKenley117 chapter 16 . 12/3/2012
So, I like some of these people. I know the German's weren't entirely assholes. I can kind of see where they're coming from in fact. Doesn't make it right, but it does make a twisted sort of sense.

Still, Rommel was awesome. I like him a lot.

But the Darwinian approach to politics and war does nothing but breed sociopathy. Which means a lot of the people at the top of the SS seem to be nutcases.
DamionKenley117 chapter 11 . 12/2/2012
From the moment that first legionnaire's corpse fell I was like "shitshitshitshitshitshitshit shit". Great build-up.
DamionKenley117 chapter 10 . 12/2/2012
...your AN there is priceless, because its EXACTLY what I thought, especially with Martus' reaction.
DamionKenley117 chapter 8 . 12/2/2012
On the subject of introduced characters (namely Shepard and Churchill): fucking awesome. How in hell do you compete against Mad Jack? I...just...wow...
DamionKenley117 chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
I. Love. This. Piece.
Masterful. That is all.

(Ok, the usual assortment of small errors, but its good enough on the whole I usually don't even notice)
DamionKenley117 chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Heard nothing but awesome about this from TvTropes. Fully agree, although...

Was this deliberately written with a mild feel of German syntax or am I imagining things?
442 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »