Reviews for Duet Effect
Chspitfire chapter 9 . 7/29/2014
I'm sorry to say that I have only seen this story today and so far I'm loving it. I've read a few stories with two Sheps and never really liked the two characters as much as I'm enjoying your two. maybe its just the rapport you have going between them and the rest of the crew and I'm looking forward to how you plan on going forward and hope you continue with your updates.
Can't wait for the next update and keep up the good work. :)
JasonShepardN7 chapter 9 . 7/29/2014
Good to see this is back up and running :) Definitely still enjoying the relationship between Kat and John - they certainly feel like siblings.

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better too.
JasonShepardN7 chapter 8 . 7/22/2013
Ah. The first TWO human Spectres. I like.
(And I was actually beginning to believe you'd just go with John...)
WickedGamer chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Loving this story! I hope you update soon! From what I've read, these Shepards are going to be interesting. Keep up the good work.
Endrius chapter 8 . 7/7/2013
Interesting chapter. If only you'll update more often...
kami kyuubi sama chapter 7 . 7/4/2013
Update! Update! Update!
JasonShepardN7 chapter 7 . 4/6/2013
I like it. The two Commanders are different, yet their interactions are perfectly in character. They're also your strongest characters - which is good in a fic based on the idea of them working together. It's quite clear that you've managed to get inside the head of each.

Ash and Kaidan both feel like, well, Ash and Kaidan. I don't know Kaidan very well from my playthrough, but I recognise him here. What stuck out for me from the games was his tendency to keep quiet unless something needed saying (or he felt like some dry wit). Slightly naive, maybe, but he kept his problems to himself.
And since you've got both here, I'm definitely looking forward to how you play Virmire.

Right. Onto the criticism. Well, you did ask for it...

There are a few typos. I feel like a human spell-checker, but typos stand out to me like a sore thmb, even though I can always tell what you mean. Maybe I have a touch of OCD. If you're interested, I can send a list of the ones I noticed. On the other hand, feel free to ignore it as me being picky :)

Someone else noted that you repeat dialogue directly from the game in some areas - this doesn't work well for a couple of reasons. Firstly, for people that have played the games and remember the dialogue, there's no 'tension' in the conversation - we already know what's going to be said. Secondly, what works on screen in the game doesn't necessarily work well in writing. Since we're going to have both Shepard's present for quite a few in-game dialogues, feel free to improvise a bit more and move away from the in-game stuff. Have a bit more faith in your own dialogue skills - they're good!

Although I've kept track so far, using Shepard to refer to a character could easily get confusing when there's two of them. I'd suggest using John and Kat more - even though that moves you away from the 'weight' that the name Shepard carries.
On a similar note, writing SpecTRe instead of Spectre doesn't scan well for me. That could just be personal preference, however.

Wrex felt a little bit off, but I can't put my finger on why. Give it another chapter and I might be more helpful.

Anyway, enough with the criticism (since none of those points are huge). I'm enjoying it, and I'm looking forward to more.
And I have to ask - the end of Chapter 5. That wouldn't be a Sahara reference, would it?
Amelia-Hawke chapter 7 . 3/25/2013
I really enjoyed this story and look forward to seeing how you approach the game with two Shepards. Their backgrounds and training reflect their personalities well.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of this story.
tccarty chapter 6 . 12/18/2012
No criticism here. I like this. Its different and interesting. And as a big Shenko fan, I can tell you chapter 5 was perfectly fine, cute, and in character. I don't really find your chapters short either. And the plot moves at a good pace. No complaints. Well maybe...update more. Lol. But I know that can sometimes be out of the writers control. :)
Prizzma chapter 6 . 12/18/2012
Another good chapter. Always glad to see this story updated. Didn't see anything wrong with this one. Only thing I did notice was that for being a Paragon John seemed kinda cold. But I guess if he was a renegade he wouldn't gave the patience that he does have. I could just see kat smacking harkin around a bit to get her answers.
Anyways keep it up look forward to the next update!
huntrrz chapter 6 . 12/18/2012
Nice story. Some minor nits - a word change here or there. Biggest nit - "Kaiden and the Lieutenant" should be "Kaiden and the Commander".

I'm looking forward to seeing how you interweave the two characters through the rest of the story.
Prizzma chapter 5 . 10/9/2012
Happy to see another update! Good chapter. I think u did alenko well. He always seems to try and find the bright side in things and always seems to get flustered around shepard, both of which you showed.

Still really intrigued with your story so look forward to the next update.
Igib chapter 4 . 7/29/2012
I always wondered what would happen if there were two Sheps, not just one. Seems I'll finally get my answer :)

I like the story so far, especially those bits (parts) you're making on your own, enriching the game's default story. Personalities and background of your main characters look promising too, setting up stage for some interesting dialogues in the future. But what I'm looking forward the most is to see the impact that their presence will make on certain game events and other characters.

I don't mind shorter chapters, as long as they're many (four is not many) :)

Keep up the good work, Aurora.
obviouslygeeky chapter 4 . 7/28/2012
Really enjoying it so far, John and Katelyn's personalities are both interesting and I'm liking the small John/Ash moments :)
Foreteller of Three chapter 4 . 7/17/2012
Well as much as this was a good read, do you mind making the chapters a bit longer?