Reviews for The Swarm Patriarch
Kane chapter 36 . 4/18
Me, stop following you? Never. :)

By the way, may there come a time were Dain's Swarm will incorporate technology into their forces or even attempt to create a fusion of that stuff with their anatomy and biologic changes?
Well just an curiosity of my own borne of reading about the adventures of Protoss/Terran/Zerg Hybrids (they are called Cyberlisks or something along those lines in the story, has been some time since I read that) where in one of its sequels splinters groups of both Terrans and Protoss had fused some of their Technologies/ideas in design and perspectives ffrom different knowledge levels to create some really insane/pretty cool things.

As for Dains worries about his sanity, well it may be that the Evolution merely brought some more violent tendencies to the front of his mind or slightly boosted them, he is human after all and this still includes the capacity for great but terrible deeds just the same as being compassionate to your fellow people or even being capable to emphasize with an enemies cause, slightly.

About that brainwashing part you had Sarah mention, does this mean they have all been already mindfucked into doing that Hooded guy's bidding?
If not then are you merely making a reference of their dedication to the cause of the Protoss?

Oh and what did your Protoss Character mean by Cruisers?

On another note, would you consider having sorts of "Hero" units included in Dain's Swarm by utilizing the aspected Pisonics of the Natives in one manner or another, if not will this "mechanic" remain exclusive to the natives of this Planet?

May the muse be with you.
Bye
Susanoo27 chapter 36 . 4/12
Hm I choose to follow now cause I start reading the story this week so please continue your work :P

Some thought of the story:
1. I think it is difficult to write about base building and unit production and in all honesty I think you did a great job writing about it.
2. Character development of Dain. It is believable that he becomes more of a "monster" with time even if I wouldn't call it so. That he wants to annihilate the protoss now is actually really human after all they did annihilate a part of his second family in the "dream" so vengeance is normal.
3. Changed resource management aka "Bio-Energy". It is a way better than in Starcraft cause I can understand the vespene geyser needed to produce units but the minerals/crystal make not much sense to me. So your Bio-Energy make allot of sense.
4. The evolution process or dreaming. Maybe I misunderstood something but it somewhat makes no sense that the swarm needs to evolve exactly at the same time. I would have rather that the evolution moves from the primary organism down to the lesser ones. Not that I care much about it as it is your story and I enjoy it but maybe a explanation (if I didn't over read it) would be nice why the swarm develops at the same time.

So this all I have to write. Sorry if it is so much text but I believe I have to write a bit in a review to honor the author as well as giving a bit of input on how I view and interpret things.

PS: Sorry if it is a bit difficult to understand English isn't my native language
Bazzle chapter 36 . 3/12
D'aww, this story is neat. Cheers!
Bluestorm chapter 36 . 3/3
I greatly enjoy this series and I hope you will continue this till the end. Too often I find unfinished stories that author's abandoned, glad to know this is not one of them. Great job by the way this story is well thought out, Keep up the good work.
TekamanBlade chapter 36 . 3/3
Just found this little gem of a story, read all the chapters and am eagerly awaiting more. Its been a good real all along. I have to say that i have enjoyed the patriarchs moments of cold blooded reasoning, his internal reaction to them and his fears of becoming the monster that he seems to be. Keep up the good work!
Z chapter 36 . 1/20
Hello. I have seen this story now.

Goodbye.

When you post the next chapter, I may or may not read it.

Depending on how long it takes. Probably.
I like this story. A few more chapters would be nice. Your writing is improving nicely. Mabey stretch out description a little and filler conversation. Good job though
Kitedtk chapter 36 . 1/12
Read through this all in one night and it wall well worth it. I've never read the fic you said you used as a base but i might. Your explanations of the battles seem a bit simplistic though starcrafty. Though i'm wondering if the swarm will create someone like abathur to more precisely guide evolution.

Also quite interested in the people living among the zerg. Hope to read more from their perspective.

Also, yeah kinda hoping this does wind up as a harem, even if it's not a sexual one. And really Vera, it's arguable just how related they still are. So i wouldn't be bothered by that but it's your fic.

Fly safe.
Question Seeds chapter 36 . 1/11
Your back. You have no idea how happy that makes me. I love your stories.
clonezero chapter 36 . 1/9
Yup definetly been a long time, but the important thing is that you updated!

I approve of the fact that Dain is having doubts concerning his current condition and not just outright embracing it. Makes sense IMO

Anyways I do wonder how you'll portray the Protoss leader if he/she is in the same boat as Dain.
Holy shit! An update. 'Ti's a good one. Though a little short can't wait for the next one.
Welcome back :)
karthik9 chapter 36 . 1/7
It is excellent chapter.I look forward to future updates.
Akuma-Heika chapter 36 . 1/6
Ch33
How would the King call Talos a traitor for fighting against the Zerg and serving him?

Ch34
Curious on who the woman was/is.

Ch35
“…CEASED to really matter.”

The Lair does not obtain more bio-energy?

Mind-rape would be more accurate. He still had his mind so it wasn’t wiped or ripped apart.

thanks for the update!
DaLintyGuy chapter 36 . 1/4
Still here, I guess. I admit I... May have forgotten exactly what happened in this story.

On the other hand, brainwashed Protoss peeps is NOT good. For anyone.
Makes you wonder where the Terrans are...