Reviews for Frozen Butterfly Arc 1
A Markov chapter 4 . 7/8/2014
Coming in to this story I had no comcept of Bubblegum Crisis, no frame of reference, no idea about the world or its inhabitants. Fortunately for me, I didn't need any of that. The world was fully realized in all the ways important to the story and I never thought "Maybe if I had watched the show, I'd know what the heck he's talking about. "

It is definitely a tragedy. The helplessness of the protagonist is portrayed in a painstakingly vivid manner. I was transported to the time and place. I felt hope, joy and finally despair as I rode along on the journey. The first person works very well in this narrative and the situations are portrayed viscerally.

If I had to find a nit to pick, and I do, it would be that this piece feels like a prolog or addendum. While it is full and engaging, there is no context.

...

OK, I guess I'll say it now. Maybe if I was familiar with the source material, I'd have the context.

Still, don't need that to enjoy the quality of story craft here.

Alex.
slytherinsal chapter 5 . 5/9/2013
Wow!
slytherinsal chapter 2 . 5/9/2013
time to flip that tortoise right back to carry on to freedom
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Very interesting! I don't know the category, but it has a feel to it that is pure Shadowrun.
Thescarredman chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
I see from your first reviewer that this story was posted previously somewhere else. How long ago did you write it? As promised, it's an entertaining work independent of the source material. I like.
Thescarredman chapter 5 . 9/11/2012
A marvelous and engaging chapter. In the sparse hospital room, the 'scenery' consists of the protagonist and the people surrounding him/her; the exploration of their motives, and of Kari's mind, fills the landscape nicely and makes one want to see what's over the next hill...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
noce story to see it over here after reading it one the fan fic mailing list.