Reviews for One of Those Times
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Funny and true. Thanks for sharing!
fernazab chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
We giggled. "Illegal, in fact." :)

We're hoping that Mordred isn't out to specifically hurt Arthur. Mordred needs to be more concerned about harming Merlin and using Arthur as a means to that end. And instead of the Merlin not liking Mordred and Arthur not listening, Mordred uses a different name. He uses a different name and keeps his outgoing brain activity to a minimum. THEN Merlin doesn't even know it's Mordred! We can dream...

Have you seen the spoiler pics? Mordred is obviously well-favored by Arthur. Oh! And Gwen's new dresses... You thought she looked scandalous before...
Bottled Sunshine chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Yeah I heard that too. I don't get it. Merlin *must* know he's evil, right? Because not only did the dragon straight-up tell him so, he heard Mordred turn on his frighteningly creepy voice and say "I will never forgive this, Emrys, and I will never forget," right? So Merlin knows.

And that means the only way Mordred's a knight is for Arthur to not trust Merlin. Which inspires similar rage and annoyance as perfectly portrayed in this ficlet.

I'll just hold on hoping that it's a case of Merlin hoping Morded's good or Mordred actually starting good and later betraying.

Buuut, I've a feeling that despite this annoyance, magic is to be accepted in Camelot by mid-way through the season, based off the "stopping of an execution" and this "Mordred" spoiler. At least no death for Druids. And Merlin's just like a Druid. So ... reveal! Please, S5 writers!
Griffinesque chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
An extremely amusing and enjoyable fanfic to read! It would be nice if Arthur believed Merlin, at least once... but no. :P Its most likely never going to happen... :P

I love this part:

"Tell me, Sir Leon," Merlin said calmly. "Would it be considered terribly inappropriate in Camelot just to take your sword and run it through the back of someone when they aren't looking because you just know they are about to cause you a whole cartload of trouble, lost sleep, and probable near death experiences?"

Leon's brow furrowed. "Yes," he said. "Yes, that would be considered very inappropriate. Illegal, in fact."

Merlin sighed in defeat as he picked up his polishing cloth. "I figured it would."
Meyli Vaisyl chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Mordred? A knight? Eeeerrrr... I don't know. Mordred has magic, and Arthur knows it. Plus, he's still a child. So...yeah. I don't know. I really love Mordred, I miss him and I want him back, but as a knight? I don't know x)

Anyway, I love this OS. It was funny.

Me├┐li.
jediyam chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
I agree, seems they've run that storyline to the ground, huh?
Ocean Mint Leaves chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Lol, this made me lmao! And I do hope the Mordred being a knight next season is not another Morgana and Agravaine thing. Although if they do stick to the legends he'll probably end up taking Camelot anyway, just as his two faced predecessors. *sigh*
Mrs. Bonner chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Nicely written! Ahat you fear is very likely to come to pass. When S4 ended with no reveal it sort of spoiled things for me. The magical world receded into an imaginary one. It's still great fun, but I no longer expect a big shift in the status quo. If they surprise me I'll be squealing with delight, but I do not expect it. Sad, no?

But your writing continues to delight and amuse.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Poor Merlin! Great one-shot!
Lady Willamina chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I totally agree!

I know the show is meant to be child friendly but a repeat scenario of Season 4 would be such a cop out. I sincerely hope we've got it all wrong and Mordred has somehow redeemed himself and is now a good guy. (can't quite rationalize how or why, but I want him to be a good guy).

Arthur better listen to Merlin about Mordred. If not, I hope Merlin shows us how powerful he is.
Estrelle Buscador chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Why doesn't Arthur ever believe Merlin until it's too late? Why?

I've heard that Mordred was going to show up and potentially be an 'ally,' although to whom I'm not sure. That's going to be fun...especially because he knows Merlin's secret. Gah! Why must Arthur be an idiot?

I'd be annoyed if I were Merlin...poor guy. I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those times, but it probably will.

Well-written! I enjoyed reading it! Good job!

EB
Mediatrix chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Very good!

I also hope that doesn't mean he's-evil-Merlin-knows-but-Arthur-won't-believe-him. After everything Arthur and Merlin have been through together ESPECIALY season 4 Arthur better listen to and respect Merlin!
Beizanten chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
so funny. Merlin is always right but they always ignore him poor guy!
Magic Cabbage chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Yeah something like this will probably happen.

On the bright side, Arthur will be hiring a magic user! Well, unless he doesn't recognize Mordred. And if he doesn't recognize him, then he can't be blamed for hiring someone who wants to murder him.

But he really should listen to Merlin. But he won't.

Sorry for kinda rambling there. Great story! It was fun to read :)
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
True that! I'm secretly hoping Mordred becomes a knight for his own purposes... maybe even to trick Morgana into thinking he's obeying her. But... I know the legends. Buh. -_- I'm with you (and Merlin); I hope this isn't another incident of betrayal like Morgana and Agravaine's all over again. *sigh*

Nice oneshot!