Reviews for The Beguiled
BlueSkyAtNight chapter 18 . 2/14/2013
Such a good chapter, very well written and I am so glad they are getting Ryan back! Can't wait for the next chapter
BlueSkyAtNight chapter 17 . 2/4/2013
Awww... Poor Sandy and Kirsten I hope everything will turn out. Another great chapter and I am looking forward to your update
BlueSkyAtNight chapter 16 . 1/25/2013
I love this story, it is written well and i am eager to hear what will happen with Ryan. The plot is clever and I will be waiting for your updates. You are doing a great job.
slimkay chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
Epic fic! Ahhhh, the OC. Such an amazing show. Thank you for making us go through what was probably the golden era of that show (Season 1, start of Season 2). Nearly 10 years ago...

I am hooked. Hopefully your next update shall come relatively soon :)
Kerschi-Puky chapter 16 . 1/16/2013
This time Seth's egoism would have been of use! Damn, you know how to creat a suspensful plot. Poor Ryan though. He doesn't seem to notice that Kirsten just wanted what was good for him. Maybe it's because he doesn't know what it's like having parents who act in their child's best interest. Theresa can be proud, she got her will. I can't wait to read how this story goes on. Will Eddie stay calm? Will Ryan find out about the "maybe sham"? Please up date soon )
matthewsbj chapter 16 . 1/15/2013
Poor, poor Ryan. He always somehow finds himself in the middle of these situations that no matter how they turn out, he gets hurt in some manner.

The pain is so obvious on both sides of the aisle: Sandy, Kirsten, and Seth trying to help their fourth member (despite whether he views himself as such or not), and Ryan being torn by whom he though were people wanting to be his family and his loyalty to Theresa.

I only hope that Sandy and Kirsten can come through and stop Caleb (and Theresa) from following through with his plan. Whatever Sandy has up his sleeve, I hope it works. I just worry about the consequences to Ryan when all is revealed.

I'm just surprised that Sandy's waiting until the following morning to confront Caleb. Unless whatever Sandy is getting from his office is going to take some time to put together, ie, backup from a third party.

Please don't make us wait too long to see Sandy and Kirsten take Caleb to task for his involvement in this scheme.
Kerschi-Puky chapter 15 . 1/12/2013
I'm still a big fan of your story and I'm sorry that I missed reviewing your story for so long. Now with Summer on her wrath the story gets a really nice twist. I do hope that she and Seth are able to help Ryan. I'm pressed how well you can write Seth and Summer.
So please keep on writing this story, because I need to know how Summer, hopefully together with Seth, will solve this story
matthewsbj chapter 15 . 1/8/2013
Good for Summer for trying to help. Hopefully, Summer can get to Seth and the Cohens so that they can help Ryan. I almost pity Caleb when Kirsten finds out his underhanded dealings involving Ryan; almost, but not quite. In the show, someone needed to take him down a peg or two, standing up for and defending Ryan.

I can understand Marissa's reluctance to get involved; it was kind of her actions with Oliver that took them down this path. Although, when it comes down to brass tacks, I hope that Marissa can at least be there as a friend for Ryan, rather then wrapped up in her own drama.

I feel so bad for Seth. He cares so much for Ryan, whom he views as a brother, that he wants to help him. He just doesn't know how to go about doing that in the best way, or at least in a way that is least volatile to Ryan. Hopefully, his comments to Ryan don't put a rift in their relationship.

Thanks again for this chapter, and looking forward to the next update. It almost sounds as though the stuff is going to hit the fan very soon!
Emily chapter 13 . 12/2/2012
What if Marissa finds out what Theresa's up to and decides to help Ryan? Like what if she confronts Caleb and tells him that if he doesn't leave Ryan alone, then not only will she come clean about him black-mailing her but also tell Sandy & Kirsten about Theresa. What do you think of that? Would that not win back Ryan's trust back for her?
5-STAR chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
Great story! I hope Ryan finds out what a lying bitch Teresa is soon
matthewsbj chapter 12 . 11/15/2012
Ryan's conversation with Trey was very interesting and maybe a little enlightening. It's not surprising that Trey would have a different vantage point of the events the past few months. It's understandable that Ryan is too close to the situation and has been fed only what certain people want him to know and so he has a skewed view of the facts and the situation.

It's obvious that Trey cares deeply about his brother and doesn't want to alienate him. I'm glad that Ryan hasn't severed all ties with your version of Trey.

Trey's incites on Ryan's ability to trust the Cohen's, especially considering he's not met them, at least that we know of, are interesting.

I think that Trey recognizes the situation Ryan's in at the moment, and doesn't want to push too far to run Ryan completely out of his life. But, maybe since he has a better understanding of the situation and the parties involved, he can get a hold of the Cohen's and give them a heads up, or at least another vantage point from which to see things. They might not be so stymied then when Caleb follows through the Theresa's plan.

I believe it was in the last chapter, when the whole family was eating dinner that Sandy referred to them as Ryan's parents, in the context of parents helping out their kids. I certainly hope that they do act as such and are there when Caleb does come screaming down the mountain. That was something I didn't like from the series; I thought Kirsten and Sandy allowed Caleb to get away with far too much where Ryan was concerned. They should have shut him down a lot earlier. I certainly hope in the coming chapters, they are able to do that and protect Ryan from not only Caleb, but Theresa as well.

Thanks again for this chapter, and eagerly awaiting the next one.
sniperbob18 chapter 11 . 11/2/2012
And so the plot the plot thickens :) I wonder what evil plan Theresa is coming up with :-/ Poor Ryan, I just hope Kirsten will fight her father - because I know Caleb will want to help her get rid of Ryan (unless he's had a change of heart and tells Kirsten about the plan and they work against Theresa? which will cause Ryan having to choose who he believes...). Okay you really need to update now because this could go anyway.
matthewsbj chapter 11 . 10/30/2012
Can't Ryan ever catch a break?! Theresa just won't quit. I really feel sorry for Ryan when her conniving ways are revealed. She's probably been the only person that he's really and truly trusted. I think he wants to trust the Cohen's, but he just feels comfortable around them; he doesn't TRUST them like he trusts Theresa. When all of this blows wide open, it may very well damage (hopefully not irreparably) his ability to trust for a very long time. I don't know what plans she has with Caleb, but I can just imagine he would jump at the chance to get rid of him more good. When or if that happens, I just hope the Kirsten can stick to her guns and stand up for Ryan like she did in an earlier chapter.

I know that Seth, and Kirsten, don't trust Theresa (with good reason), but I hope they are able to keep that to themselves for the time being. Ryan doesn't need that extra stress of them "attacking the love of his life", as he would undoubtedly see it.

I did like how warm Sandy was towards Theresa. Maybe trying to kill her with kindness? I certainly hope that Sandy and Kirsten have done their homework on this, ie, talking with Eva, Eddie, etc. and at least have somewhat of an idea of how manipulative Theresa is. Maybe that's been done behind the scenes and we don't know it yet.

Thanks again for this chapter, and looking forward to the next installment.
anon chapter 10 . 10/17/2012
I was reading the last 2 chapters to get caught up. Did I miss something or is it supposed to be another crazy lie from Theresa about the sex of the baby? I didn't see anything before with the baby's grandmother. Wouldn't she want to know? I don't think Ryan's the father and everyone knows it. He'll only agree to take care of anyone who needs it and knows he doesn't matter.

What did the doctor say about Theresa's small bruise that she gave herself? Did she lie and how was she caught? Did her mother call her on it?

Are you trying to make things the opposite of the show when Ryan didn't have any relationship with Theresa except for working to take care of her and trying to be a polite friend, but nothing more at all? I thought he wouldn't have wanted her to even touch him and have nothing physical. Not part of the deal he was making with himself and her.

Here's an idea. The Cohens act like real guardians and ask for the paternity test to go with other new results and let Eva and Theresa take care of their own problems. Ryan can't afford to be a friend to someone who'd drag him down no matter how loyal he feels. Maybe there's proof from when he was a kid that Theresa was the same then, only he had to overlook it to have a safe place to go. That sounds like something only Eva could help with if Sandy can talk with her.

Maybe something will finally happen at dinner to show the difference between people who have chosen to say what they mean and someone who just lies.

Thx.
Sniperbob chapter 10 . 10/17/2012
Yay more chapters! thank you so much for writing this, and please update soon! I'm hooked
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »