Reviews for The Night of the Ebony Jewel
RedSkyTonight chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Me wubs your story! . lol I'm in love with your sheriff XDDD ROFL!
Aurelia30 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Very cool! I never knew he actually owned the horse. I never heard a name for the horse, either.

As for Jim West being with the Union troops at Atlanta, I'm actually not sure. I'm not sure Grant was there, and he was one of Grant's aides, as far as I know. But... it's fiction. And he could have been on special assignment, or have been transferred. I think it's perfectly plausible. I DO know that it was mentioned that he was at Shiloh, and from what I know, that was a particularly bloody battle. Not that they all weren't. Not sure what unit he was officially with. They never said anything about his background, other than serving with Grant.
AllTrekkedUp chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
What a cool story! It makes me smile! I LOLed so hard when you were talking about no one walking away uninjured,not even Ross Martin,and that's only funny because its true. (Which its not really nice to laugh at hurt people but I couldn't stop myself.) Anyway,this is a good story,you know that I've told you what a good writer you are,so I'll say,write us another WWW story soon please?! :)
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Oh, this is lovely! I adore the concept and it's beautifully written and touching.

Thank you for all the info, too, I never knew any of it! So sweet about the real Superstar. 3
CollieandShire chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Very good RowdyClara! I enjoyed it a lot! Your writing style is very good, and I didn't detect any mistakes. It was a unique story in many ways that you switched between first person to third person. Though technically this is against the 'grammar and writing rules', I do this all the time in my own private stories. :) Keep on writing! I enjoyed it a lot!

-Shire from CollieandShire
California gal chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Good job. Completely plausible story of how Jim got his beautiful black horse. Well written too.

As for Jim being in Atlanta during the war, that's entirely up to you, because just about the only thing we know about his war service is that he was at Shiloh and Vicksburg, which were in the western theater. My tendency is to believe that because he and Artemus worked so closely with Grant that they went east with him in 1864, but again, that's just my version. They could just as easily have remained with Sherman.
Jadin chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Very nicely done! You obviously know horses and made the point of view shifts between Blackjack and Jim West totally believable. As far as the question about Jim being in Georgia during the fall of Atlanta, I don't see why he couldn't have been. Cavalry units moved very quickly during the Civil War, so it is conceivable that Jim could have been there. If nothing else, I've don't recall seeing anything in canon that stated that he couldn't have been.

I love horse stories and especially love it when Jim's "black horse" is featured. The mame you gave him was very original. BlackJack's a great name, but I call Jim's horse "Ace" in my stories just to be different. Bob Conrad actually did ride two horses in the series and neither had "official" names so I guess that's ok! LOL! Good Luck!