Reviews for Hidan no Aria: Requiem of a Lost Melody
The Puppy Schwag chapter 1 . 3/12
To edit my below review, I was supposed to put 'S' in place of 'EX' in my first problems paragraph. I apologize for my derp. I am a puppy, after all. I am using paws.
The Puppy Schwag chapter 2 . 3/12
This review brought to you by Samsung's fantastic line up of tablets and accompanying Bluetooth keyboards

Okay, so I read through the two chapters available. I shall begin by saying nice things!

Firstly, I appreciate your ability to keep le canons in character. :D I could learn from you... well, I could've learned from you a long time back, anyway. But I could still learn some. While the premise (Aria leaving and finding a different partner/slave/so on) isn't the most original thing on the block, there is no doubt that, so far, you're doing it rather well, a surprise considering how few times I've seen it happen. I'm also looking forward to see how you bend canon to make this unique, as you've done it once already with this interesting new power. I can't wait to see what it does!

Now for the bad stuff. I have two that I found that irk me. Firstly, the rank of the captured Butei, whose name I will not reveal here for spoiler reasons. I love OCs, don't get me wrong. I like seeing what people can some up with to meld with an established universe. It's a fun foray into human creativity. But I often see things that worry me. It's not uncommon, in a story, to hear of a character that's a high rank, and not meet them for a little bit, or even see them in distress the first time the readers meet them. However, that takes on a whole new rank (I had to) once it introduces a rank that's practically unheard of. Or, rather, damn near impossible, if you'll pardon my French. This character's supposed to be a rank past EX, and we barely know anything about his skills. Assuming he's as skilled, or more skilled, utilizing this power you're teasing us about, than Aria, one has to wonder if he can pull off impossible feats. You understand I'm not saying that this character is bad- I barely know anything about him- but I'm just worried he'll become the Swiss Army Person, or someone that can essentially do everything. I know, I'm worrying over nothing, but I'm just making my thoughts known so you're aware it can be picked up like that, even this early in the story.

Next, the new rank itself... well, more how it was intorduced. To preface this, I'm a fan of adding to the canon to make it interesting, give it a nice new spin and all that. It makes a fic unique and gives me ideas, in turn. The new rank- Spoilers, it's EX- is a pleasant surprise, but the way it was introduced was just... um. Like getting hit in the face with a stool. It was just kinda tossed in without any serious build-up, no hints to there being a higher rank. Not even the rumors mentioned were heard, and that's... well. Meh. If I saw that before this was published, I would've advised you to wait and introduce after you show off what your OC can do with that ability of his. Then the reader may be interested in his rank, or why he's ranked so low, since it was said he'd normally be rank C or D. You want the reader to be interested in these twists, so you have to build at it.

Overall, however, I wanna read more. Give me more to read! I wanna read more! I'll even help, if you like! :D

The Schwag
top gear tony chapter 2 . 10/4/2012
So is this thing finished? I'd like to know where this is going. I've always been interested in OC tics (especially if the actual cannon lead is bland) but I can't get invested in something that stops before it takes off. Again I'd like to know where this is going. I'd like to point out that most people read fix for the characters so don't let you OC's overpower the star's presence nor should you fall into cliches. I'll be keeping an eye on this one pleas update soon there ain't enough Hidan No Aria fix about and I don't think the are going to be many.
Nicolee chapter 2 . 9/13/2012
Is it done?
MikoScorus chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
Cool o.o
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
oh myyyy gosh! this is soooo good! I was sorta upset at first when Kinji didn't go after Aria, but this guy seems alot better for her anyway! I love where this story is going! please don't give up on it! I would love, love, LOVE for you to give me another chapter, I was instantly hooked! PLEASE WRITE MORE! 3 3 3
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Wow finally someone who has ditched the Kinji route! Hahahaha please continue, I want more to this :D
AboMakea chapter 2 . 7/4/2012
Omg! You have to continue with this story. I was so upset when kinji didn't go after aria even though he was in emotional pain but I now know where you are going with this story. Do your best and I hope to hear from you soon!