Reviews for The Other Curse
Devanor chapter 3 . 2/2/2014
Volexkaris? weird? hah, eoleoxhimi is way weirder!
anti-viper chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
I liked the ending a lot (and sorry for the delay); there was a great deal of tension through the fic, especially in this chapter, and that led to a lot of great moments. As a reader, I never quite knew what to expect, and those are kind of my favorite AU fics.

In particular, the struggle between Karis and her inherent rage was wonderful, and I think was the best written section of the fic, though I did love the end with Volechek and Karis. And while I'm not sure it would have worked here, that would be a really cool ship to see at some point (wink. wink. wink.) Great job! This story was a cool change of pace, and I enjoyed seeing it go from a small scale to seeing all hell break loose.
Celestia's Paladin chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
Jolly yes Volechek/Karis hasn't been done before but I was thinking that they might end up together. Pretty interesting story, and one hell of a twist.
Celestia's Paladin chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
Well... that wasn't my first idea at what her issue is... but now it makes sense, she is a Jupiter adept.
Lebon14 chapter 3 . 9/27/2012
Wow. Another good story! I really love your idea of [insert main idea here - this avoid spoilers]. I would actually see that in DD. Looking forward to an update!
Yalens chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Multiple times.

I had no problem at all with the infodumps, and if you do choose to continue this or otherwise add in some Karis x Volechek ... Wolfshipping, I guess?... I will certainly read that too, eagerly.

In fact, I left a little nod to it the 5th chapter of my story Anglerfish, as you suggested in the first chapter (you said that was okay, right?). It was actually fairly useful.
ShadowWolf087 chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I must respectfully request a follow-up chapter/story thing, the idea of VolecheckXwerewolf!Karis is too entertaining to pass up. Not to mention it's an idea I haven't seen before. And I want more Garoh fic.

This was amazing. Spectacular. Here's my review for the story as a whole (instead of each chapter separately).

As always, your characterisation is spot on. Mathew in he first chapter was just adorable. And Reif in the box (and Tyrell's reactions to it) made me giggle. Then I was all 'poor Amiti'.

Chapter two with the Sveta/Karis interactions is wonderful. You hit my feelings for Arangoa Prelude right on the head. And then the chapter end! Just augh.

I love the way you twisted around the events in chapter three. When I got to Belinsk in DD I had all these theories and ideas about them and Garoh. And I wanted some kind of interaction. But alas, no. So this fic fills that need (though more fic would be appreciated). I'd love to see your ideas of how Ivan met her mother, too.

Now that I've read this story, VolecheckxKaris is entirely reasonable and I want more. I want to see their adventures in Garoh! All the possibilities!

THE FEELS!
godofmadness43 chapter 3 . 9/4/2012
i feel bad for Volechek...poor guy was just protecting his home
SurgarTundra chapter 2 . 8/20/2012
Interesting indeed. I really like the connections between Karis and Sveta. I personally think they have a sort of sisterly relationship as I played Dark Dawn. But that's just me.
It's weird, I just kinda feel the intensity and severity of the story. I like the feel as if I'm with them in such a confusing way you write this story makes it seem that I can feel Karis' struggling. That's a feat amazing authors like you can do.
I like the change of genre opposed to the other stories I've read.
I hope you see this story through, for I really enjoy reading it even if it only the first two chapters.
anti-viper chapter 2 . 8/20/2012
Interesting chapter: everything with Sveta was wonderful to read. Perfectly placed tension, both characters acting logically and the suspense was kind of making me squirm, especially as Sveta kept sticking around, even if, knowing her, she would be more than able to defend herself.

Karis's tidbit about the Arangoa Prelude gave me a small smile: black humor done right. The atmospheric shift from the slight unease of the first chapter to the visible tension of this one was well done, and I can only imagine what the next one will look like, with the cliffhanger.

Great job, looking forward to the final part.
CombinationBox68731 chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
...InterestingPr
Yalens chapter 2 . 8/3/2012
Thanks for writing this- I enjoyed reading it, it was very interesting. I also appreciated the irony of Sveta criticizing Karis for keeping secrets from the group, whether that was intentional or not. I await the next chapter eagerly :).
godofmadness43 chapter 2 . 8/2/2012
wow, so...she's a werewolf...how'd that happen?
anti-viper chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I've always kind of perceived Karis to have something greater on her mind in the games, and perhaps this is why I have a fascination with her character. Of course, this could just be a busy mind, but she, despite having a good deal of dialogue, always appears slightly distant.

In playing with this, you've set up a lot of interesting circumstances and as you mentioned, a certain kind of atmosphere. It was fun seeing Tyrell and Matthew being the ones worried about Karis, as it's a bit of a juxtaposition from her being the one nagging them about things.

Her meetings with Rief and Amiti were similarly interesting, and that atmosphere of unease was present at every step. It makes me wonder how the second part will work, especially when she meets up with Sveta. Since she seems to have some animalistic-morphing condition, I'm also led to wonder who exactly her mother could have been: considering the Warriors of Vale at some point went to retrieve a Mountain Roc feather with Belinsk's blessing, it definitely could be that Ivan met a beastwoman on that trip, or perhaps it was someone from Garoh.

I like the uncertainty present; A, as her condition at this point doesn't seem too dangerous or terrible, so perhaps most of her distaste is self-manufactured; B, in how it will end, since any mix of happy or sad would feel appropriate at this point; and C, it terms of what her condition actually is. I've gone back and read this a few times, and overall really enjoy it, I hope the second part eventually makes its way onto the site (shameless guilting :P).
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
mystery box
Is Karis, like, a werewolf? That's kinda what it sounds like.