Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Traveler301 chapter 8 . 5/10
A really good story. Full of surprises and action. Very well written. I would recommend it ti anyone and
everyone.
Thanks for writing it,
Ron Pate
Traveler301
benrobbins77 chapter 8 . 5/10
I'm not sure that ending is particularly satisfying, but having your characters make mistakes is at least realistic.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 8 . 4/16
There are two of the best fanfic stories I've ever read.
One is Harry Potter, and the other is... derived from the Final Fantasy ethos?
But what demon possessed you to try and glue the two stories together like that, you went and ruined both!
G Fawkes chapter 4 . 4/8
Hey, cliffy it up! I'm reading non-stop, six years later.
I do have severe "issues" with anyone adopting the b*llsh*t movie scenes over what the books describe, when they are exact opposites of canon. Ie: the Ministry is ten floors BELOW GROUND and inverted. Level one is the atrium, immediately below the streets of London. Level 2, 3, 4, on down to ten, are each lower than the previous, so it is more than 100 foot DEEP, underground. I don't know how 'tall' the atrium level is, but it is NOT a ten story black obsidian skyscraper, with windows to each room, and externally visible elevators/lifts, all in a big subterranean cavern.
You havent mentioned it (yet), so I will not go off about those ridiculous, every direction imaginable, movie 'elevators/lifts'. (Grrrrrr)
BaberKhan chapter 8 . 3/29
In short, it was a beautiful story.

In long... oh well, it was my heaven in the beginning and to the end, I felt like the author was on weeds!

The beginning was more realistic to the canon, going more and more off-canon to the end, till it was a different story, although still beautiful, altogether.
Ambaire chapter 8 . 1/17
a beautiful story
Ambaire chapter 5 . 1/17
Beautiful.
slytherinsal chapter 8 . 1/17
very interesting indeed
Gioia chapter 8 . 1/16
I greatly enjoyed your unique look at the philosophy, science, art, mysticism, theory, and seduction of power & magic. It has such a perfectly mixed conclusion, too. Harry has had a taste of incredible magical power, but he can't continue to use it if he wants to keep his free will, character, and mind – or his very soul (on a metaphorical level). How paradoxical that is, especially when Magic/Vanity gifted him the unknowing (for him) healing of a horcrux on his skull!

I also love that you didn't fix Harry's every problem with his amazing capacity for powerful magic. It makes for a fascinating parallel to the frustration that led Dumbledore to write that book in the beginning — having great power but being unable to weild it without terrible consequences. So while your ending doesn't give Harry a perfectly happy, "all is well" ending. It did give him at least some version of a goal to have achieved. This was what winning could look like in the short term.

As you can see, I'm left fascinated by the possibilities. Thanks for all of the hard work you poured into this story!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 7 . 1/13
ALl of this is just so unique!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 6 . 1/13
Giant krecher is so odd...
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 5 . 1/13
I'm so glad I found this story again. I remembered all this, but didn't know what story it was.
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 4 . 1/13
I remember that the boxes of house elf heads made me snicker last time. This time I almost lost the tea I had just taken a sip of when I read that line. I'd completely forgotton about it.

You really gotta wonder about the Ministry and why they kept those...
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 3 . 1/13
Up until this chapter I hadn't remembered that I'd read this before! But I definitely remember that tower! Such a cool idea!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 2 . 1/12
Stumbling around does create a good amount of drama and requires character development from Harry as wel. It was a good choice in my opinion - if that matters at all ;)
1,389 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »