Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
noreenklose chapter 8 . 8/5/2013
Nice story.
I enjoyed reading it.
I never considered that Dumbles was such a worthless b*# d for a reason...I just always thought that he was a glory hog. That he wanted Harry to beat Moldyshorts, and then die- - -so HE (Dumbles) could grab the credit. It's a great idea! You have a fantastic imagination.
Thanks for writing.

KUTGW,

Noreen
Taboo22 chapter 8 . 8/5/2013
It was a pleasure to read!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/4/2013
Interesting/ awesome. Yes, the tone of the story definitely seemed to change over the course of chapters. Thanks for writing and sharing.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/4/2013
You should mark the story with Harry and Hermione or Sirius so for people with certain filters skip it.

As a parabel it's a really interesting story. You could relate it to a lot even your own story's writing process where you had to set boundaries to your own Super!Harry character to get the story back under control.
But the fic lacks something really important...immersion...there is no real tension. It's more like "let's explore this gimmick idea" and don't get me wrong. It's was a really smart concept. But as a story it doesn't take you on a trip of exploration. It's no adventure. There's no real emotional feedback between Harry and the reader.
fhippogriff chapter 8 . 8/3/2013
One of my all time favorite stories. I lost it a bit in the middle, but I see that Harry had to not go to Hogwarts because there was unbound magic there. Ironic that magic has to be bound, but not him. I think I'll re-read this all in one go and savor it again. Not beach reading, more like mountain cabin reading. Maybe the serialization of the story made the middle seem to drop down, and it wouldn't in one reading (not one sitting, one reading - different things). The tension at the beginning was so tight. Maybe it's that the tension shifted from people enemies to magic as enemy. Then back at the ministry where people were the enemies - such a great scene, that. Thank you so much for a great story.
jdh41 chapter 8 . 8/2/2013
Really enjoyed your story. The oaths binding Dumbledore was a really nice device.
Flashx11 chapter 8 . 8/2/2013
Well done! From outside the story, the resolution is a good one, exploiting a weakness that traces back to canon and the rest of the story. And on the inside, the comeuppance of the antagonists (?) isn't whitewashed or mishandled. Harry has feelings a well-written character should have after doing something like that.

I won't spoil ending details here, but I thought the scene of the ending was very appropriate also.
Lerris chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
Thanks for the original story. It was pretty good, all in all...
TimeShifter chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
You had a tendency to get wordy/preachy sometimes, such as the end there. Occasionally things felt rushed through, like learning about family bonds and the taming of the House of Magic. But overall I enjoyed the ideas in this story and your execution of it. It's a good ending to tie in a sequel, but it also works well as a "the story continues, but this is as far as I'll take you" moment. Thanks for the enjoyment this story brought me. Glad to hear it was fun for you too!
fraewyn chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
Loved it!
PSay chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
This is a sad story in a way. The purebloods are so corrupt they have ruined the wizarding world. Harry tried to fix it and he did get rid of Voldemort but the society that caused Voldemort still exists. At least in Britain it is on hold for a while. I look forward to more of your stories. Thanks for writing. pms
FreelanceBum chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
I still can't tell you if I liked it or not. There are some things that don't make sense to me though, like how did the ministry steal so much stuff from inheritances without dying?

I think I had a few others, but I can't remember at this point and do not feel like rereading. It was an interesting read, with a lot of elements I like.
PSay chapter 7 . 8/1/2013
This is really interesting. I'm glad Sirius and Harry finally thought to talk to Kreacher. Her has changed a great deal but he is still bound by oaths he made to Sirius father and possibly Sirius grandfather. This new Aspect of magic is really informative. I look forward to how you work all of this out. Thanks for writing. pms
Charlie0925 chapter 8 . 7/31/2013
Another fantastic chapter hun! This has been a truly wonderful read, I have loved every second of it! Thanks for sharing it with us all! ;o)
Guest chapter 8 . 7/31/2013
Hi!

I really liked your story, up until you brought in the vanity aspect of magic and then other aspects as well. It was intriguing and scary, the power the group of weak had over the strong and everyone else as well. But the aspects of magic just took it off on a weird tangent for me, so that instead of focusing on how to possibly fix the mentality of the current magical society, you ended up doing something really different instead.

But it was still a good story, I guess. Definitely thought-provoking, which was your primary goal.
1,235 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »