Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Beautiful.
slytherinsal chapter 8 . 1/17/2018
very interesting indeed
Gioia chapter 8 . 1/16/2018
I greatly enjoyed your unique look at the philosophy, science, art, mysticism, theory, and seduction of power & magic. It has such a perfectly mixed conclusion, too. Harry has had a taste of incredible magical power, but he can't continue to use it if he wants to keep his free will, character, and mind – or his very soul (on a metaphorical level). How paradoxical that is, especially when Magic/Vanity gifted him the unknowing (for him) healing of a horcrux on his skull!

I also love that you didn't fix Harry's every problem with his amazing capacity for powerful magic. It makes for a fascinating parallel to the frustration that led Dumbledore to write that book in the beginning — having great power but being unable to weild it without terrible consequences. So while your ending doesn't give Harry a perfectly happy, "all is well" ending. It did give him at least some version of a goal to have achieved. This was what winning could look like in the short term.

As you can see, I'm left fascinated by the possibilities. Thanks for all of the hard work you poured into this story!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 7 . 1/13/2018
ALl of this is just so unique!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 6 . 1/13/2018
Giant krecher is so odd...
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 5 . 1/13/2018
I'm so glad I found this story again. I remembered all this, but didn't know what story it was.
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 4 . 1/13/2018
I remember that the boxes of house elf heads made me snicker last time. This time I almost lost the tea I had just taken a sip of when I read that line. I'd completely forgotton about it.

You really gotta wonder about the Ministry and why they kept those...
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 3 . 1/13/2018
Up until this chapter I hadn't remembered that I'd read this before! But I definitely remember that tower! Such a cool idea!
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 2 . 1/12/2018
Stumbling around does create a good amount of drama and requires character development from Harry as wel. It was a good choice in my opinion - if that matters at all ;)
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 1 . 1/12/2018
Wow. Love this concept. How you explained how many mistakes Dumbledore made. Very creative!
Montara chapter 8 . 1/12/2018
Time to grow and get stronger...that's what Harry managed to give himself and to the magical world.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful book. Will there be a sequel? :D
Montara chapter 7 . 1/12/2018
At least there's hope for something better, although...Harry and Sirius tied themselves and their families...:
Montara chapter 6 . 1/12/2018
It's awful what Magic is doing to Harry, manipulating him like a puppet. :(
Montara chapter 5 . 1/11/2018
Wow, the ending! An avatar of The Magic! Love it!
1,534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »