Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Hektols chapter 2 . 5/7
Interesting twist with Harry having Wormtail and Voldemort as prisoners.
Hektols chapter 1 . 5/7
Very interesting idea to have Dumbledore so binded by oaths that he can't do what he was supposed to do.

Also good point about everything being made to control the really powerful wizards.
Krysania chapter 2 . 5/7
Just a question with the steps Harry already taken how are you a 100% sure Tom didn't start the same way? After all survival was everything.
RHJunior chapter 6 . 5/6
you know, nobody ever thinks about WHY Ron is such a glutton and slob at the table... should have occurred to me. I used to know a lot of needy families with a lot of kids- one family, their littlest girl attended our sunday school. I used to bring in literal dozens of day-old Krispy Kreme donuts from my job every week. The kids would even go home with a box each, sometimes. This particular girl, if her family brought in a treat like a box of donuts and the older ones would grab everything, leave nothing for the youngest girl. She spent her entire childhood in the habit of scarfing anything she had down like it would be snatched out of her hands- because sometimes it would! I felt so sorry for her. Never occurred to me that Ron Weasley would have to practically fight with five older brothers- two of them who were pranksters and pretty cruel to him as a matter of principle (turning a teddy bear into a tarantula? Really?)- just to get anything at the table.
RHJunior chapter 5 . 5/6
To undo all oaths, implement a final oath- in the form of the Non Coercion Principle: An oath to never use force or deception against a non-aggressor.
RHJunior chapter 1 . 5/5
That's the weakest point in the whole story, canon and fanon: UNWILLING binding to an oath. An oath by definition has to come from the person at least with their own knowledge- they may not read the contract, but they have to know they're signing it for it to legitimately be said they agreed to all the small print. The only way that an oath signed by someone else in your name would be legitimate is if, at some point, you gave them authority to act as your proxy... and the strength of the binding would have to be weaker with every intermediary between you and the document.

Okay, Crouch Jr throws Harry's name into the goblet. How does he have that authority? Let's say Crouch Jr was (prior to his conviction and being thrown into azkaban) authorized by his father to sign documents on his behalf which, due to the Ministry's sloppy work, was never revoked. his father is is part of the Ministry of Magic. Harry is an orphan, technically ward of the state- which technically makes the Ministry able to act as his guardian (reaffirmed when he accepted his invitation to the only legitimate school in England, Hogwarts... which is under ministry control, via oaths made by Dumbledore) That's about five links. It would take a LOT of lawyer weaseling to make that binding, and each link would be successively weaker- presumably meaning that the penalties would be weaker, for example that it would barely shave off a fraction of his magic were he to default. Though as for that, it never specifies anywhere in the books what the actual penalty for breaking the magical oath IS. It's presumably bad enough to make wizards give pause about signing up, but it could just be a lifetime curse of acne and flatulence, for all that's said.
Kris chapter 8 . 5/3
A highly thought-provoking story. Unique interpretation of events. The House of Magics seems slightly detached from the rest of the storyline, a sort of deadend plot point, though perhaps deliberate.
Makatadi chapter 8 . 4/27
Honestly, this story melts into shit at about chapter 5. Once you find Magic, just stop reading there; you won't miss anything.
suziq968 chapter 6 . 4/17
This is terrifying. I can't imagine how you're gonna fix it. Awesome!
Gleas chapter 8 . 4/3
I don't see how laws that no one really even follows hold importance. Technically, if the above law was in effect, plenty pureblood would have been able to demand reparations from the ministry or at least some of the department heads... then againI suppose it's all in the books. It's confusing at best but a good read
Loved it, thanks for the read!
I fucking love how you use magic, its so boring when people run around screaming shitty latin to stun people, this.. this is awesome!
that was unfortunate, this is probably my most favorite Dumbles i have ever read. He has made some mistakes with oaths but goddamn otherwise he is the sanest Dumbles i have ever read. Thank you for letting me read a good Dumbles.
Gman123 chapter 8 . 3/1
Question: What happened to the real Moody? Is he still locked in a trunk somewhere? Dead? Vacation in Hawaii?
C.M.Alm chapter 8 . 2/5