Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Critical reader chapter 7 . 5/28/2023
Not bad, but like others, I believe there is a break somewhere near the middle of the story when Magic or some of its aspects were personified. That made it flawed, and having come to understand it in the context of Harry Potter fiction as another force of nature, that does not really fit. But maybe that's just the atheist in me speaking ...
Rebatrek chapter 7 . 5/20/2023
Love the plot line! It’s so new !
BMS chapter 8 . 3/24/2023
Not as good as your other stories.
It seemed to switch gears about the time Harry met Magic in the dream and after that, it definitely went down hill. (for me anyway) I actully had to force myself to finish it, something I've never had to do with one of your stories before
LordHadesinTartarus chapter 8 . 3/24/2023
So this entire story had a style eerily similar to the damnable book 1984, which made it exceedingly painful to get through. The thought was novel though, so I commend you on a coming up with an idea that no one else seems to have touched on. I think if this hadn't been written in the style of 1984 and/or just generally in the dystopian genre I could have gotten behind the premise better. I look forward to reading some of your other work to compare.
denniise chapter 8 . 3/13/2023
Hmm. I really liked the story till we came to the aspects of magic, not my cup of tea. It was a well written story through.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/13/2023
all this is trash. Seriously a huge pile of trash.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/25/2023
Wow! Absolutely a fantastic story! I LOVED your characterizations of Magic on various personae, and the childish acting out of Harry's Magic was truly intense. But Wychwood was even better! To think of yet one more unbound personae and this one as "Hogwarts" was an enormous leap, given the circumstances.
All in all, five stars!
geenakmom chapter 8 . 2/2/2023
This was a great story! Love an Harry that uses his brain, improves his skills and takes control of his life. But you left me with so many questions!? Horcruxes? Which 13 Ministry wanted to add to Unforgivables? If Dumbledore figured out he wasn’t let go from oaths how he still perish? When all Harry’s boxes and furniture showed up where he put it? How’d their society and school function after he sentenced all those people with the curses? And much more.
Thank you for a great story that kept me engaged and desperate for more/answers.
Astramilitarum01 chapter 8 . 10/13/2022
Honestly the tag Adventure for the story is incorrect.
The story is basically 90%Drama and Angst with a ton of political BS and plotholes that make no logic sense at all.

The start was interesting but by the 3 chapter it drifted so far off and the MC became so unlikeable that it has nothing in common with the baseline idea in the first chapter
Guest chapter 8 . 9/18/2022
I've started and stopped on this story more times than I care to remember, and while I mostly enjoyed the first couple of chapters, the story jumped the shark around chapter five or six and never made it back onto the rails. I liked Harry less and less as the story progressed, and the conclusion was sad and unsatisfying. It had an interesting beginning, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/19/2022
The "House of Magic"; 'bit like the garden that contained the "Fountain of Fair Fortune"...
alinoe.kiara chapter 1 . 5/8/2022
Really liked the story until the Magic Lady appearing. The later half of the story doesn’t match the former one. Not
in rythm, lore or main message to reader. It makes the starting conflict and progressive of half story meaningless.

its still a cool concept and a fine ending, its just an ending of a different story.

As its stands its a story about the weak fearing and hobbling the strong, then we find out the strong do exactly the same thing, and everything is doomed anyway; in the last scenes Harry surrenders to the inevitable and joins the wicked. End.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 2 . 5/3/2022
It broke my heart after Harry confessed after Christmas. I had to check to the end if she'd still be there. I'm still not sure if I have the heart to keep reading.
Quaziemoto chapter 8 . 4/22/2022
4/2022

Cool story, i'll most likely be calling up every couple years to reread.
yochan123 chapter 8 . 4/12/2022
should have left the hogwarts bigoted death trap ages ago
1,556 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »