Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Wolfric chapter 7 . 7/6/2013
This story continues to hold my attention. It is nice to read something a bit different to most of the stories that are available. Thanks for writing. W.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/6/2013
curiouser and curiouser
harry woke up vanity?
how unexpected.
uo-chou chapter 7 . 7/5/2013
Nice chapter! Keep up this excellent story please. :)
unserendipitous chapter 7 . 7/5/2013
The world-building you have done in this story is simply exquisite, from magic taking humanoid form and making deals, how Dumbledore dies, the power of binding magic, Harry's growth as a magic user and intellect.

I also love that Hermione and Harry have a brief schism that heals itself over. I think she belongs at his side. Not always as a romantic partner, but as just a partner. You capture that quite well. Harry himself is quite nicely filled out. It's such a Harry-centric story, but while that typically isn't my cup of tea, it fascinates me here as well as doing justice to the key relationships in his life.

I look forward to reading more!
LordRahl80 chapter 7 . 7/4/2013
You have introduced some very good concepts in this story any one of which could make a great story on its own. I'm still holding out hope that Hermione will be the one to give Harry those descendents.
LordRahl80 chapter 2 . 7/3/2013
I'm really unhappy about the Harry/Hermione breakup it's just got me down.
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 7 . 7/3/2013
Very nice chapter! I didn't think the wood would be that pleasant? Or well friendly and reserved...?! But I am glad that Harry has some way to help him now with the house of magic even if he is going to pay for it for the rest of his life and for the rest of his families lives... that's a bit extreme but understandable!
I can't wait to see what happens next! This is getting exciting!

As always my deepest compliments on your story
wickedlfairy17 chapter 7 . 7/3/2013
SO freaking EPIC! XD
hpf2114 chapter 7 . 7/2/2013
This is a GREAT STORY. Just found this going over my favorites listings looking for something to read.. Full marks! Might we see more gardens in front of the Granger's, Longbottom's and if we must the Weasley's front lawns? While Harry is away, the ministry will play. Sorry sounds stupid. Again Great Story.
Arthur Hansen chapter 7 . 7/2/2013
A bit too meta, really. I think the story could focus a bit more on 'normal' wizarding world for a bit.
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 7 . 7/1/2013
Brilliance, just sheer brilliance. The first time I've seen magic as something you've got to not only respect, but be careful with in more than one sense.
Hedwig Edwiges chapter 7 . 7/1/2013
I really like your writings but this tale got me my surprise how it twisted into something so terrifying and mean. Makes you not like magic anymore. It's getting really hard to read.
Raven3182 chapter 7 . 7/1/2013
Interesting story. I'm enjoying it so far. I hope that we get to see more of Hermione soon. Thanks for writing!
jbfritz chapter 7 . 6/30/2013
Excellent!
Oh I am Slain chapter 7 . 6/30/2013
This stuff about the different aspects of magic and the Black family's relationship to magic is brilliantly elegant. I assume you've been planning this all along? Anyway, your writing is fantastic, so I'll try to provide some criticism instead of just complimenting it.

In earlier chapters, I was starting to be put off by the arbitrariness and illogical sequences of events, but most of the plot holes can be retroactively explained by what's been revealed in the past 2 chapters. I'm glad that I didn't drop this story, but I just wanted to comment that I could see other readers dropping this story due to this reason.

Overall, I would say that my main criticism is that this story seems a bit stuffy and overly formal with very little humour. This is a *perfectly fine* style of writing, but might appear dull to many readers.

I look forward to future chapters. Cheers!
1,361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 .. Last Next »