Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
BikerSHAM chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Enjoying this story concept. Keep up the Great work ! Will be signing up for your List.
mwinter1 chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Awaiting more.
Separ chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Awesome chapter, I like it!
Maybe he should explain his Tommy problem a bit, would he get help then?
Navn Ukjent chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Nice twist.
DarkArmor chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Previously I had thought that the House of Magic was the entirety of magic. I think I was even more unsatisfied with that idea than Harry was.

Tales and legends trumping details and exhaustive knowledge is certainly an interesting concept. Its also really amusing to see Harry and Sirius' frustration.

Do these rituals for Aspects of Magic require a bloodlines or can it be just knowledge passed down and acted upon?

I really like the idea of magic varying in power based upon where it is preformed. Especially that it preforms worse in places that don't already hold magic.

Binding and domination and control are all thing that should be either resisted or done with consent. That may be a good path for Harry to follow so he can accept binding magic, at least partially, instead of totally destroying it.

Thanks for writing a good story and making me think.
Majin Hentai X chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Damn pretty good twist there.
mir chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
This story has certainly gone to strange and wonderful places.
outlawpoet chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Wow, so Hogwarts is unbound now? It seems either the Founder's lines either failed in their duty or were broken for a time. Interesting, it seems like being the Heir of Slytherin might have been more dangerous than just being "a scary person who could control a Basilisk", more like "one who could change the nature of Hogwarts and possibly Magical Britain". I wonder if Dumbledore was even smarter than we knew, denying Tom Riddle a position within Hogwarts.

Glad there is no instant granted method of alleviating magical oaths, but the hint is there. Interesting.
tenchifew chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
I must say that I do not like the new direction the story is taking. It has not much to do with the title or with the first chapters any more and the new goal to basically kill magic... so now Harry is the new ministry?! I am not sure anthropomorphism of magic was the way to go, i am pretty sure having magic change Harry without reason was not the best way, but now Harry trying to murder what is basically a child and the most wonderful thing he ever had -magic- it feels so wrong that I can't even express it strongly enough.
Of course your story, your decisions but these are my two cents.
Best regards,
Tenchifew.
My Alternate Reality chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Well, at least he has found some help :) now to deal with the cost of it!
Heart of Virgo chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
I like this. I'll admit, I was always a bit irritated with all those stories that had people exploring abandoned parts of Hogwarts. If nothing else, Magic is fickle, and that castle is practically made of magic. Exploring it would be a fools endeavor, and fools tend to dig their own graves.
ElrodAlbino chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
I will say this: I would not have written the story this way. I find this to be a very interesting story, with the slow growth of the dilemma, and the sudden loss of control, the fear and the anxiety. But I dislike personifying magic. It's a personal preference, rather than a critique of the story.

You have written a very interesting, very well-written story that is losing a reader because of the content. Again, a matter of preference. I can understand that this is a good story, I just don't enjoy reading it.

Good luck, and I'll keep an eye on you in the future, to see if your other endeavours are more to my taste.
Blueberry Babe chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Well done, thanks.
alex.rushing.5 chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Oh la la! Magic is to magic as killing is to death.
karthik9 chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
It is excellent chapter.I look forward to future updates.
1,294 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 .. Last Next »