Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
ak chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
comment les mangemorts peuvent ils travailler pour le ministère?
faire du tort à un enfant (harry) n'entre pas en contradiction avec leur serment?
sunsethill chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
I found it ironic that Severus Snape is getting a happy ending in this chapter, while Harry is realizing he is in quite a predicament. I enjoyed how you used the turn around with Snape to illustrate the horrible nature of the binding magic being used so freely by wizards. I'm glad that Harry realized he was falling into the same trap that Dumbledore fell into.
GinHanelle chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
I am completely thrilled that 6 is not the last chapter. I adore how long each chapter is, by the way. Totally worth the pain my eyes feel :D
Guest chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
Oh, creepy, the way Magic is taken a mind of its own... For a moment there on the train I was thinking Harry was planning to end it for himself and thereby free himself of Magic. I hope Sirius can help!
Primal Chaos chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
Harry thought he controlled magic and did things beyond what any 30 wizards could do and now he fears magic and not wishing to understand it anymore to try and hide from it sight now that it favors him only he really knows she is awake and alive when it could have simply done what it did to make people forget how house elfs where before. By the way does that mean that all those boxes still have mounted elf heads in them? or did they get proper burials now that they are beautiful and near human also are there any house elf human hybrids? As i cant see their masters not taking advantage of there beautiful slaves?

Anyways back on topic I think that the temp crystal garden was a punishment to Harry for ignoring and fearing Magic like he has been after all magic its vain and enjoys the attention of others and the one it favors the one it actually cares about is fearful of her and is actively trying to distance himself from her and ignore her presences inside him i imagine doing so may have hurt her feelings bit as she was only trying to help him and maybe got over enthusiastic and forced harry to go along with her plan was it wrong controlling him like that? Yeah but then again when was it that magic was last awake? i could see it needing time to adjust to the time period and learn what is and is So as punishment for hurting her feeling i could imagine her having hijacked his first big spell which i honestly could see having consequences like seeing that spell as a terrorist attack by most people.

Anyways enjoying the story keep up the good work i like stories that make me think of possiblities like the one bit above sorry if it bothered you till next chap
My Alternate Reality chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
Magic can be a really scary thing now...
alec-potter chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
Interesting twists...thou I do wonder what all will MAGIC get upto with Harry being intoxicated.

On another note, just wanted to ask that can we look forward to a sequel to "Will of fire, heart of stone". Even with it's apprently abrupt ending, it's one of my fav. stories. So just curious.
WhiteElfElder chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
I wonder if Magic is judging people and things and taking action according to how it finds them guilty or innocent of things? I feel that Harry is more of an Avatar of change for Magic rather than a hijacked person...he just needs to come to that realization.
Kel chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
Ahhhhh... poor Harry.

I can't wait to see where you're going with this. Much better twist than I was expecting, but of course Magic was watching. Harry is fascinating. We're ALL watching. :)
serialkeller chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
WOW! what in the almighty fuck direction is this story going? It was meant to be a war against the ministry and binding magic and now everything is completely fucked. If you ended the story last chapter it would have been brilliant, but this chapter just "annoyed" me, can't think of a better word than annoyed
Slytherin66 chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
Thanks for this chapter it was excellent I am well pleased the story is not over yet.

I am glad the Ministry seems to steal from everybody a good point about what was taken could make a big difference to those with nothing or no purpose yet. A good line “They had been wronged but had done much greater wrongs themselves.”

Magic made me would be a common reason given by people in magical society but it’s nice that for once there is truth to it and that Harry is aware of it as many decisions he has to make are heavy and difficult but would be easier to make and live with if magic took some responsibility. I am glad magic is protective of Harry even if he might end up giving up magic to be free of its control.

Hermione with a sense of humour is a good and rare thing and should stop her getting burned out.
A perfect way to sum up Ron “Ron needing to relearn a lot, yet unwilling to start.” His appalling manners would be difficult to live with.

Harry does not often get to experience ordinary at Hogwarts he would enjoy such times. I am pleased Harry is happy as that is something he not often is.

A good point about the Ministry tax and the distrust people have of the Goblins something the Ministry promoted and was encouraged at Hogwart’s with a ghost teacher fixated on Goblin Wars.

Magic vain was a nice detail to include I think it would be. I wonder if Veela are vain and if they might be considered the daughters of magic as the allure of a Veela is powerful, hard to ignore yet short in duration much like magic’s attention span.

I have wondered why Ron is not huge myself, the vanishing charm is a good explanation for his appetite maybe someone cursed the Weasley’s to eat lots they can’t cause as much trouble if they are busy eating and a staggering grocery bill would keep them poor.

I am glad Harry has the resolve to do what he must to ensure his survival and freedom as Harry risked everything for others in the books and never really benefited from it and in the case of Hagrid ended up with even bigger problems.

A good line for Hermione "Well, you push back when I'm being too pushy. Promise?" one that makes her a better friend and less like Molly Weasley.

Filch will be happy a self cleaning school should cut down his work load or maybe magic wants him sacked.

A wonderful sum up of the man “a thoughtless Dumbledore, very smart but very stupid. Trampling on people in his attempt to help them.”

The speculated cause for the change in Snape was funny. The speech by Snape was well done. I bet Minerva was unhappy I don’t think she would be a good school head she lacks the creativity and charisma to really inspire or lead people.

Snape would look very regal in silver and black. I am pleased he apologised to Harry and I hope Harry will study potions his mum was gifted and I doubt Harry could trust potions made by others outside of Hogwarts.

A safe list is an interesting idea and that Riddle could be an oath breaker. I am pleased Snape is free and knows Riddle has been dealt with.

Floo as a screw up had to hurt I wonder if someone just started throwing things into their fire and it ended up coming out elsewhere even with magic that would take some explaining.

The state of the Ministry still makes me laugh.

I loved what was done on the platform and this way Harry won’t get the blame for what happens. Magic can be used to cause great terror even not intentionally so it makes sense magic itself would enjoy causing it.

Kreacher with hair that was unexpected people might think the Malfoy’s a part elf.

A good way to end the chapter, I look forward to the next.
BikerSHAM chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
Keep up the good work. I'm liking this story. It's a bit weird, but I still like it...
Nebresh chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
interesting
Senyor Fier Mensheir chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
I would so love it if Harry who woke Magic up, would try to not put him/her/it back to sleep, but either usurp Magic or Kill it. This story is epic, irregardless of how many chapters it holds. Please continue.
Faraway-R chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
-break? Nope.

Also... What the flying eff?!

This new, Faerie-alien-terrible-and-wonderful Magic... It came from nowhere. I think it was a major mistake to make it this way. There were no hints before, no rhyme or reason to it becoming such.
1,244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 .. Last Next »