Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
pikachucat chapter 8 . 5/19/2017
ossifrage chapter 8 . 5/2/2017
RSegovia chapter 8 . 5/1/2017
I really liked the crystal tower and Harry's ideas for financially crippling the Ministry, especially the boxes returning family heirlooms. Then all the stuff about the aspects of Magic kind of threw all that off. I felt like Harry could have kept more to his plan to make wizards think for themselves. He should really write a series of essays or even books about his perspective on magic, personal freedom, and political issues. Marketed properly under his name, Harry could do the most good through the quill than through the wand or other magic, particularly if he were willing to appear and speak publicly on the most relevant topics.
Rollin chapter 8 . 4/26/2017
Very good story. You have an understanding of society/politics that indicates you may be a sociologist/anthropologist in RL. The discussions about power were fascinating.

The theme on the origins of magic may have been too big a bite. its a huge concept to introduce and not the main point of the story so it weakened the whole. It would make for a facinating fic on its own.

I tend to like a full story arc with resolution and this story didn't have one. It began with realizing that wizarding society was corrupt in spirit and in government and ended with the same, just hobbled for a few years.
kitty2lion chapter 4 . 4/22/2017
great story
ThrowawayAcc chapter 8 . 3/16/2017
Great story, I'm glad I found something new and refreshing to read. All the thoughts about power really reminded me of Dark Souls and the sentient magic was similar to Wastelands of Time. Did both you and Harry forget about Moody? I think he's dead in his chest now.
Ash Lee Brodford chapter 8 . 3/16/2017
this was interesting and thought provoking
Razeus1 chapter 4 . 3/6/2017
This is my absolute favorite chapter... the mental image of Harry's revenge on the MOM's theft from wizards/witches and the hilarious boxes with feet! LOL!
carry on...
MattKennedy chapter 8 . 2/8/2017
Very interesting and excellent story! :D
gbakermatson chapter 5 . 1/25/2017
The idea of Greater Magic, the kind of magic that can be accomplished but never fully comprehended by men, always gave me the chills. Your story is spellbinding.
AnthonyR89 chapter 1 . 1/10/2017
re-0reading this since it's been awhile and i'm bored. while i wouldn't exactly classify this version of Dumbledore as good, i wouldn't call him evil either. more amoral/grey than anything else.
MoonBurner chapter 8 . 1/8/2017
Not the ending I'd hoped for, not really an ending at all. No revolution against the ministry and their oaths like Harry hoped in earlier chapters.. He's estranged from everyone. Alone. A very sad story. Well-written, but sad.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/31/2016
Harry's desperate need for dramatics is disturbing, not at all a sign of a good person.
Hippothestrowl chapter 8 . 12/23/2016
Fascinating story ideas from start to finish made this a really good read. Main weaknesses were often lack of clarity and incompleteness causing spots of confusion; terse, sombre, slick author-speak dialogue from just about every character except Ron, and over-pruning of speech tags; good overall pace but lack of variety in the structure of that pace; very little background location and actions being painted - so talking heads in a void much of the time. But interest trumps technique every time, so very high marks overall. Most enjoyable but could have been outstanding with better technique. Anyway, far, far better than a boring story written with excellent technique! :)
asingh123 chapter 6 . 12/22/2016

Never thought i would say this... But this was too much about 'M'agic... not enough instincts or how can magic help the world... Heck, wasn't even able to finish ch6...

It gave me the feelings of when some higher being, who by accident found some very interesting things, and now is playing with them...

If Magic can actually be thought of, shouldn't it be like some primordial force of Nature... Which would not interfere, but watch and give small nudges here n there... Kinda like in "Pivet drive"

But giving it a freakin' personification... And a body(Harry's mind)... It feels more like "Lich King kind of deal"

1,384 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »