Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
agnar chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
I dunno about this twist to Magic. Like Harry didn't face enough seemingly insurmountable problems already? Now Magic itself is going to be playing him like a puppet?

Frankly I just keep waiting for when something, anything, actually goes right for Harry. So far any time it seems so, you twist it so it's really just a big 'Fuck You Harry!' in disguise.

Just look at how great his finally being free of the Dursleys went, an excuse for a DE to kidnap and kill him disguised as a hearing on his custody.

Harry should have saved himself the trouble and just offed himself in chapter 1 at this point.
Oh I am Slain chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Did it make a different if Harry
Did it make a difference if Harry

Snape's replacement hired by Snape
Snape's replacement was hired by Snape

still basically unable to eat at table.
Might make more sense as "still unable to eat at a table properly."

why I so concerned.
why I was so concerned.

dead wizards missing body
dead wizard's missing body

There are a few more typos, but I stopped recording them 2/5 of the way through the chapter. Like previous chapters, the ideas in the story are brilliant and novel. However, the writing is mostly dry, short sentences focused on "telling" rather than "showing". Simple directness is good for clear planning and outlining of the plot, but is quite dull to read. Also, many sentences are short to the point of being stilted or becoming sentence fragments. Getting better at this will just take lots of practice, plus lots of analysis of the way other writers write. Anyway, I look forward to the next chapter. Cheers!
Shannon Dee chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Thank you for a wonderful chapter.
PlaceholderName chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
The tone of the story shifted a bit too suddenly in this chapter to mesh well with previous ones. It certainly remained interesting and was as well written as ever, but it just felt off somehow.
AiSard chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
It took Harry until the last few paragraphs to be properly horrified? He creates/wakes an eldritch abomination and worries about pranking the ministry? grblflgr
Majin Hentai X chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
And Magic is quite a strange and scary thing indeed it's has to be a woman. In my mind I see her as a wilder version of the Great Fairy from Ocarina of Time.
MissGardenia chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Wow, that uh...that sure took a turn to the dark this chapter. I mean, things weren't really fun and games, but this wasn't really where it looked like this story might be going.

Looking forward to see where it goes from here. Could be the eventual final death of magic instead of the formerly hopeful resurgence things originally looked like, depending on how desperate Harry gets. (Or well since his enemy is Magic itself, he could just be SoL)
Knight of elves chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
wonderful plotline I love what you have done please don't let Harry become afraid of magic.
Trace Reading chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Eldritch abomination or force of nature?
kildar2010 chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Woot! a new chapter
loved the way you made magic a problem, i hope harry finds a good fix soon
Charlesnaismith chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
What a twist.
Nice update, This story gets more depth with every one.
lipasnape chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Scary all the way, but Kreacher topped it all.
Memorable story and then some.
FateBurn chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Great like always.
lazyguy90 chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
Nice work on this.

Keep at it.
Kythorian chapter 6 . 6/12/2013
that's an...interesting twist. Not really a big fan at the moment, but I guess I will have to wait and see where you go with it.
1,235 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 .. Last Next »