Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Judah chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
I'd prefer it Harry could maybe try and explain humanity to Vanity before taking the last resort and putting her to sleep. Now that he has that option, communication couldn't hurt and may yield a compact or another good result.
Little Kunai chapter 3 . 6/27/2013
i loved that harry has decided to be more pacificistic in his own way but still recognizes that he must defend himself and his loved ones best he can and it is more then possible to "Wake people up" if they want to be woken up. I also love how voldy helped give him one of his weapons. to make people see Wonder in magic not just as a tool for stamping on peoples free will and rights. best step carefully harry
Little Kunai chapter 2 . 6/27/2013
yes but the weak oppressing the strong is a symptom of the strong oppressing the weak,. its a vicious cycle that needs to end on all fronts, squibs, wizards, muggles. harry is in danger of becoming the monster he doesn't want to become. how is he going to tread through that?
Bobboky chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
Very good
WhiteElfElder chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
Ouch, Harry has no idea what he is now committed himself and his lineage to. Worse, he is now going to be in debt to two aspects and not just one. The good thing is if he can manage it then he and his family will effectively help to raise one of the aspects, vanity.
alec-potter chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
Nice chapter.
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
those bastards doing that to dumbledore. this is once again a wonderfully engaging story.
David M. Potter chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
Great hater! Thanks.
K chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
This story begun as a excellent take of an old formula : powerful Harry ready to reform the Magical World. This particular scenario have much to offer when it's well executed, the rare fics that manages it are quite popular and shine brightly among the lesser - and numerous- representation of this story-line.

What we have now, as of two chapters ago, is something quite original - in the fandom- and I would say charming by the feeling the ideas of wild, sentient magic add to the setting : intensity. In spite of the magic of the Harry Potter world, magic itself seem quite "mundane" for the lack of a better world, simply because its use lack a certain scope and "flair". The presentation of magic is to blame, after all apparition, portkeys and animagi are quite fantastic things, as oaths are, but their greatness, the wonder that they is never really showcased.

That's why many fics add to the magic of the setting or to its representation, some of the more well written give it a proper "epic" feel, but that generally pass by an increase of the arsenal at the disposition of the wizard, from summoning, to battle spells, passing by true divination, runes ect.
Here you chose to go another way : with an other description of magic, more paranormal and supernatural, more often found in Stephen King type of stories and Dark Fantasy than in the more "conventional" Heroic fantasy stories.

It won't please everyone, but it's certainly a well done exercise.
sparky40sw chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
This is such an intricately worked out world, and the concept of self aware, sentient and NOT benign magic, makes this feel a lot like bargaining with deamons.

thanks for sharing
I have already purchased your book, but have not finished it yet - so far I am enjoying it a great deal
jdboss1 chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
gggg
Nebresh chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
In between, I wasn't sure if I liked that, but you managed to close up all the strings you threw us. Great!
BajaB chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
Makes me wonder how many other aspects of magic are around, if all these oaths and suppression have been making the wizarding world weaker and dumber, and what those aspects may be doing...

Good stuff.
FateBurn chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
Great chapter like always.
Slytherin66 chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
A deep yet interesting chapter.

A good line “If you pretend I'm not rash, I'll pretend you don't have your moments, alright?"

Greater magic’s is such an interesting term and a good way to describe magic as it would be fickle the more complex the magic you attempt I think.

A great way to explain magic I like that “Magic is all art, not a lick of science” the location where magic is done is a detail I have never given any thought to before lay lines, thanks for that.

Magic did a good job with Sirius he needs to mature for his sake and Harry’s.

A good possible explanation for the reduced curiosity of most magical people and to bring up that both Sirius and Harry were not taught about being family head.

Family retainer a much better term for Kreacher than servant, elf or slave.

The Black family is full of surprises. I did not expect a being of magic but it does explain much and why the Black family are so powerful, formidable and that their pride has merit.

I am pleased Harry has a solution to his first problem and that he will need to ensure his family prospers in order to do what is required of him and his family.

I look forward to the next chapter.
1,346 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 .. Last Next »