Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Guest chapter 5 . 12/31/2016
Harry's desperate need for dramatics is disturbing, not at all a sign of a good person.
Hippothestrowl chapter 8 . 12/23/2016
Fascinating story ideas from start to finish made this a really good read. Main weaknesses were often lack of clarity and incompleteness causing spots of confusion; terse, sombre, slick author-speak dialogue from just about every character except Ron, and over-pruning of speech tags; good overall pace but lack of variety in the structure of that pace; very little background location and actions being painted - so talking heads in a void much of the time. But interest trumps technique every time, so very high marks overall. Most enjoyable but could have been outstanding with better technique. Anyway, far, far better than a boring story written with excellent technique! :)
asingh123 chapter 6 . 12/22/2016
Hi

Never thought i would say this... But this was too much about 'M'agic... not enough instincts or how can magic help the world... Heck, wasn't even able to finish ch6...

It gave me the feelings of when some higher being, who by accident found some very interesting things, and now is playing with them...

If Magic can actually be thought of, shouldn't it be like some primordial force of Nature... Which would not interfere, but watch and give small nudges here n there... Kinda like in "Pivet drive"

But giving it a freakin' personification... And a body(Harry's mind)... It feels more like "Lich King kind of deal"

Harry
Corwyn chapter 8 . 12/5/2016
I enjoyed this story quite a lot. Thank you for sharing it with us.
mithrilandtj chapter 6 . 12/1/2016
Why isn't Harry using his invisibility cloak?
Binka chapter 2 . 11/24/2016
This chapter was quite depressing. I feel alot like Harry, ignorance is bliss as they say. I often say that I wish i could go back to being a child and stay there, but I'd have to have my mind wiped because mentally I'm no longer an innocent. Harry was always so curious, but I'm afraid he's found out too much this time. What is he supposed to do when changing the world is an impossible goal? How can he follow Sirius advice and leave, knowing what is actually going on? I'm afraid I'd just want to be a shop owner or something, living day to day and moaning about the government messing things up as usual without actually knowing what that meant. Perhaps Harry could become a teacher at Hogwarts and start explaining in simple terms to the first years, putting a secrecy spell on the classroom so they can only discuss it with those in the know. It would take a very long time, but he could eventually see the end of the ministry if nobody applied to work there, then he and his students could take over and try to do things right. Everyone has an idea of what is right, but how do we know which ideas to impliment? Politics gives me a headache.
TegwenielWestwind chapter 8 . 11/23/2016
Inspiring, thought-provoking, and sobering. This is a story all about consequences. I love it!
Squeakyparrot243 chapter 2 . 11/15/2016
I'm sorry but I just can't continue. The story is well written and the plot is interesting but the story is just the filler between major events . I want to know how crouch brought Horntail and Volde-baby back, how they reacted but instead I get this.
lrsgreenleaf chapter 8 . 11/2/2016
Wonderful! Inventive! Educational...is it bad that I just thought that?
Hadrian Eveningshade chapter 8 . 10/6/2016
I don't understand it all
Lord Barinthus chapter 8 . 10/4/2016
This was... thoroughly unsatisfying.
Lord Barinthus chapter 7 . 10/4/2016
I hate the idea of these greater magics/aspects being hidden away by individual families. Is it any wonder wizarding society is stagnate and complacent about magic when magic itself agrees to hide itself from everyone?

I really don't like the direction the latter half of this fic has gone.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 8 . 9/19/2016
Terrific! If only we could do the same to the Elites and 'Political Animals' that infest our reality!
Thank you for this taste of Karmic justice!
MelJ
Slytherson chapter 8 . 9/18/2016
Wow the was no doubt the awesomeness major one of a kind smart common sense hps I've ever read ever!
ironhair chapter 8 . 9/15/2016
The story certainly changed directions midway, with magical constructs.. and while it was a good read nonetheless, it felt incomplete by the time we reached the end.
It was authentic / true to reality where problems don't wrap up nicely at the end... but life still continues.
Anyway, thank you for sharing.
1,387 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »