Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
gennastar chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
I missed the ebook, but I will check out the website.

This story is mind boggling. It feels like Fight Club with a Matrix mix. There was a cheap imitation movie with Angelina Jolie, the guy who played in Xmen 1st class and Common with a ricocheting bullet.

I look forward to seeing where you take this.
iitrnr chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Interesting...let's see where it goes
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I like this story. In fact, I like it a lot. I just wish you hadn't ended this chapter with a cliff hanger. Despite popular fan fiction belief, this kind of chapter ending doesn't add suspense to the story. Instead, it is extremely frustrating for the reader, especially since your first two chapters acted like short stories, culminating in neat conclusions, while also setting up the next chapter.

That being said, I hope you update soon. With its current ending, this chapter feels incomplete, as though you rushed to get it posted. Personally, I would rather wait for a long, well written chapter than to read a chapter which is half finished.

However, please don't view this review as negative but as a positive. I think you have done beautifully with this story and that it looks like you will take it somewhere wonderful, while still being entertaining. I look forward to reading more from you and, since this chapter ended so suddenly, I can only hope that you have your next chapter mostly finished already.

PaperPandas chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Looking forward to the next update, enjoy the hell out of this!
Fibinaci chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
This was an awesome chapter. I loved Harry growing somewhat past both Tom and Dumbledore's thinking to see his own version what he and the wizarding world needed. Hermione's return and the reasons for it were well written as well. I'm of two minds about it. One one hand as a child wouldn't he by necessity need to read people and understand how they'd react? If for no other reason than to survive the Dursleys? But then on the other he was raised in a cupboard, so yes, girls might be as mysterious and mythical a creature as the Snorkack.

Speaking of, snorkacks, I also quite enjoyed the little mention of them and of the quibbler since one of the things missing is Luna since he hasn't met her yet and with no DA might never sadly. The mention of them as real but invented and dangerous was nice.
vvc chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
hmmm...well, if i had to guess, i'd say the dursleys are now dead and they want to make harry a ward of the ministry. or snape. should be interesting to see how he gets out of that!
taxzombie chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Really hate cliffhangers. Now I'll be wondering what the hell is going down for who knows how long.

Enjoying the story but argh.
Kudou Shinichi chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Cliffhangers are the best. They are also the worst. Ugh evidence of a fantastic chapter is that I can't help but want to read more. True dominance magic.
tick-toc-tick chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
I was really impressed with this chapter. I loved how Hermione and Harry are both growing. Can't wait for more.
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
A very interesting chapter and most unusual I liked the thoughts of the Headmaster and it does explain his actions or inaction. A great line and a wonderful image “Dumbledore himself would have cleaved Malfoy's head from his body in a duel to the death moments after Malfoy walked free from the courtroom.”

Hermione with a fear of books is rare she resents a book in 6th year but fearing them that is an unexpected twist. Thanks for it.

A great insight magic and into Harry it’s a pity we never got to see many examples of Harry power in the books. I liked the history as well and the fact that Hogwarts is in Scotland and sometimes people forget that.

A most welcome line “Harry didn't believe that whining remedied much at all”

A good explanation for why Bill and Charlie do what they do and Harry has a point the Weasley’s Harry rather dubious surrogate family don’t really tell him or teach him much that he needs to know like using magical travel for example.

I always wondered how Hermione would react to Harry being truly gifted or more able than her. I think in 6th year she had to be under the influence of a potion or had a breakdown due to stress, the war or sexual tension. The whole beast in the chest made me think love potion or jealousy potion for Harry.

Harry being Riddle’s equal has new meaning no wonder Riddle can’t kill Harry.

I am glad Hermione is getting to learn something she needs or would like to know from Harry she does much for him so the least he can do is ensure her Patronus Charm gets her bonus points in her exam. I bet she won’t work in the Ministry now knowing what she does, it does put a spin on things Harry being encouraged to be an Auror.

A wonderful thing Harry did to Rita she has done much harm and never really suffers for it I liked Harry’s thinking. A brilliant way to deal with the dragon and I am so pleased Harry did not accept Ron back as he is a poor friend and even when he was of age he was very immature and that is the last thing Harry and Hermione need or should have to deal with.

I hope the Ministry pays a high price for snapping Harry’s wand I did like what he did its rare for Harry to get revenge or justice. A great line “But he cared more about his future safety than about his moral comfort. He would push hard even push past his own limits.” And good to know about Harry.

Fleur was not happy at all but I can’t blame her Hogwarts and the British magical society are not very friendly to outsiders or those not pure blood a French Veela would be in grave danger.

An unexpected end to the chapter and for once I was sad about what happened to Albus.

Thanks for this it was a most enjoyable read.
shubhendu dutta chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
Great story. Post next chapter soon.
Darth Drafter chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
For a moment there I thought you were about to found Crystal Tokyo or something. Or will Harry reward Hermione's friendship/loyalty with a crystal diadem enchanted to enhance her mind. Anyway, keep going!
Rosa Mundi chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
That's an interesting cliffhanger.

I love my mental image of Harry's crystal tower.
c3markh chapter 3 . 7/6/2012