Reviews for Knowledge is Useful, But Power is Power
Mathematical Dragon chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Intriguing. I like it so far. I'm glad Hermione and Harry made up. Are you going to go into why Percy's still interested in working for the Ministry - less powerful than his brothers, or not believing/understanding his Dad's warnings about the Ministry or something else? I'm looking forward to the resolution of this cliff-hanger. Keep up the good work!
kriss-uchiha chapter 2 . 7/8/2012
I absolutely love your stories, I really do.
Morbious20 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Awesome chapter
Kythorian chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
This is really good...In fact, the basic premise is one of the best comprehensive explanations for all the insanity in the Wizarding World I have ever seen in all of fanfiction. It explains the ridiculous ways the Ministry acts, how the Wizingamot acts, and especially most of the crazy stuff Dumbledore did better than almost anything else i have seen(other than possibly Dumbledore being a full Dark Lord in control of everything). But this is the only non-DarkLord!Dumbledore i have seen that really explains everything.

I'm not sure why you described Dumbledore in your opening summary of the story as SecretlyHelpfulbutEvil!Dumbledore though...He doesn't seem evil here at all. In fact, this is probably one of the least evil versions of Dumbledore I have seen, including cannon. Yeah, he was mostly self interested rather than interested in the good of others, so i certainly wouldn't call him a pure good person by any means. But definitely not evil. The fact that he felt sorry that his oaths had forced him to use Harry as a proxy, that he wanted to kill Malfoy for his evil at all, and that he hated the idea of putting the children of Hogwarts at risk because of the Tournament seems pretty clear indication of that.

Anyway...I think I might actually use this story as a bit of inspiration for some pieces of a story I am working on. The whole 'magical oaths used by the Ministry to try and allow fearful and jealous weak wizards to control strong wizards' is too good of an idea to not take inspiration from. Though I certainly don't plan on using it to the extent you have. Probably more something along the lines of an ongoing sideplot that will come up at some point. I will make sure and credit your story when(and if) i do eventually include the concept in my story though.
keichan2 chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
This chapter was even more frightening than the previous one!
I wonder how long it would take (without someone like Harry wanting to be free of it) before the entire population was nothing more than puppets controlled by other puppets... Themselves controlled by oaths crafted by people dead for a long time.

Harry can consider himself happy that Voldy didn't learn anything about "Uncommon Magics", because the way you are explaining it, it contains everything needed for a single (powerful) magical to take control of the entire world without even needing to move from his chair!

"one of the water springs actually produced a sweet alcohol by the poolful." I had wondered of the "fountain of youth" was the only gift of this tower... I wonder how long before the Ministry realise what it will do to it's revenues and post aurors around it to prevent the people from having a free drink...

You know, I would love to SEE what Harry's little enchantments did in a movie! It must be visually splendid!

"hopefully not as misbegotten as a basilisk or a snorkack or a chimera." Snorkack? As in crumple horned snorkack? Does Mr Lovegood know other people KNOW they exist?

I find myself wondering who or what was spying on Harry in the forest...

"In front of just Harry, the man wasn't quite so vulgar." Strange... Usually, the opposite happens...

That was quite the cliffhanger you made. I wonder if it is on Snape's initiative, or if it is the ministry that started whatever is happening now...

I hope to read more soon!
sparky40sw chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
loved the crystal tower, and the concepts if intent that you have given harry, the revenge on Pettigrew was wonderful, as was sealing Tommie boy in the crystal, but nasty cliffie at the end - OH well

thanks for sharing
BetaPAWDkitsune chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Brilliant work! :P I'm not really into the dark-ish Harry depicted but I love the plot and thought that you have placed into planning this story. I can't wait to read more and find out what happens.
SuperiorShortness chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
wow... I have about 14 pages of notes on a world very much like this with the concept of the weak ministry and their oaths... Though it has a lot stronger and multiple 'Wizard-Lords' with their own organizations. Very cool to see someone have the same concept and putting it into action...

Now for the actual review. Harry seems to mature and become a vastly different person from the very first chapter. Very Out of character. His torturing of Peter and Voldemort is so amoral, and so un-Harry its disturbing when you really think about it. But very creative story, and the world in and of itself is great :D.
Wolfric chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Great chapter. Sounds like the death of a thousand cuts for the ministry. Maybe Harry should enchant himself an amulet or device to act as an anchor for any oaths he might be forced into, so that by breaking the amulet the oath is broken without consquences to Harry. Thanks for writing. W.
TharzZzDunN chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
What a strong cliff hanger, it really caps the chapter the right way!

mrpietan chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
I like how you're presenting this story. Look forward to the next chapter
Tearful Shadows chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Loved it! Please update soon
serialkeller chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Awesome chapter,love this story and so glad hermione is back with harry again, can't wait for harry is screw more people over :D
Gogolu chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Guest chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
Well as always you astound me with your stories, the world this harry is in, is absolutely awesome, as was the irish school, the triwizard, and all your other stories hope to read the next instalment soon. TKS for a wonderful read.
1,333 | « Prev Page 1 .. 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 .. Last Next »