Reviews for Fishes Out of Water
Yashimura-san chapter 16 . 8/21/2014
! . This is too cute! I re-read this for a second time! I can't get enough! Would you mind if I were to do a few drawings of the scenes from your story?
amy.feilberg chapter 15 . 5/23/2014
i know you haven't updated in a while but i'm DYING to know what happens ! i really want this to continue i understand if you've given up but it's just so good X(( !
RenaissanceElf chapter 15 . 5/26/2013
That was not the best thing to do for Haddock to lie to Colleen. Truth 99% of the time is always the best policy. Good thing Tintin is a bit more up front and seems to know how to handle Colleen for the most part.

Sounds like this is scary for Colleen who knows what she may reveal about them?
Hopefully things will work out right and all of this horribleness will be behind them.

(Anyways I have enjoyed what you have written thus far and hope you find the inspiration to continue. It's really good and I hope these reviews will make you want to finish it and whatever it is that you are going through, I hope it all turns out well for you! ;) )
RenaissanceElf chapter 14 . 5/26/2013
A nice beginning then a very sobering realization.
This sounds like things could really be complicated and become a long drawn out battle for a long time. How badly this sucks!

I can't blame Haddock for being angry... it looks like this battle will be against a different kind of villain.

(Hope you finish this, I don't know what you're going through personally, but I hope whatever it is, you're able to cope with it. Anyways hang in there and great story!)
RenaissanceElf chapter 13 . 5/25/2013
Very nice chapter, finally no more Jolyon Wagg and family, no more Abdullah and guards, and now the perfect opportunity to keep Colleen distracted long enough to enjoy some important "Quality" time. Very nice!

A letter coming in the mail which Calculus will not let her have... wonder what it is?
Working in the garden to build some character! Nice!

Great job I'm really enjoying your story! Hope you finish it.
RenaissanceElf chapter 12 . 5/24/2013
Wow now that was true chaos... in my mind I was feeling overwhelmed with all of the sensory overload!
That was a great idea of Abdullah with the leopard fur to go after the Wagg family plaguing the hall.

There was one line where you that Stubby bearded guard... it may sound better if you put "the stubby bearded guard...
There was one other really small thing but I lost it amid the furious reading.

Enjoying the story! Nice to see Haddock is able to enjoy a nice dance with his lover. :)
RenaissanceElf chapter 11 . 5/23/2013
Interesting! So it was the Emir's little lamb...Abdullah!

What another layer to be added on to their issues. This should prove funny...mischief and pranks abound. Looks like Colleen has to play pretty little lady today.

Good job!
RenaissanceElf chapter 10 . 5/22/2013
It's ok and this isn't a filler chapter, I really enjoyed it. Have more faith in your writing. I'm really enjoying this story and kind of wished I would have read it sooner. I'm taking my time because I don't want to read it too fast so I can savor it.

I like how Colleen has her own adventures in Marlinspike. You paint her adventures quite well... that darned cat got her lol... well at least she wasn't pulling its tail.

Sounds like Tintin and Haddock need to get used to having a little girl around and maybe find some friends for her.
Tintin dealing with child's logic about torn up animals was hillarious...ROFL
Calculus being the mad scientist with Suzy... oooo interesting... wonder how that will turn out.

Again a nice cliff hanger...a stamped envelope...wonder what it could be?
RenaissanceElf chapter 9 . 5/21/2013
Wow that was funny! Awkward but just too funny! Gotta love all the misunderstandings! Tintin seemed to come through when it counted helping Colleen to come to a somewhat sound understanding.

Poor Haddock... I know eating that had to be difficult, but good job being a daddy!

I still laugh about your title ROFL " Got sum, 'splainin' ta do!' LMAO!

Glad to see that it was nicely resolved! Now for some good ole fun!
Another dramatic/humorous chapter!
RenaissanceElf chapter 8 . 5/21/2013
Very interesting, Haddock with his daughter in the icecream parlor and from the sounds of it, it seems that Colleen can take care of herself as she scares the boys away lol. Chocolate fudge... I prefer strawberry or caramel myself.

Haddock still has his temper for sure and it sounds like Colleen comes from a family of Alkies lol
Her grandparents seem good and bad at the same time as we have yet to learn more about Colleen's past.

You ended this chapter with a heavy hangar! Caught IN THE ACT!

Until next review! These fishes are now definitely out of water!
RenaissanceElf chapter 7 . 5/19/2013
French lessons with Tintin... a rocky start but it looks like Colleen seems pretty self sufficient for a 10 year old. Seems like Tintin and the Captain are still able to find some quality time lol.

It also seems Tintin overreacts just a little about Haddock not ready to reveal their relationship to his daughter. Tintin! Stop being a Queen!

Then to deprive Haddock just because of him not being ready to disclose his private life is absurd!
Tintin makes a statement but that's being a bitch.

Bad Tintin! He should be more understanding.
RenaissanceElf chapter 6 . 5/19/2013
Oh I figured Tintin would finally go over the edge with that kind of speech. I noticed you have written Colleen is 10...my bad lol.

Never talk about about Chang, that's a piece of Tintin's heart. lol!
Learning French, this should be interesting for Colleen if Tintin can manage to keep her attention for that length of time heheheh!

That was funny, it seems Colleen has similar dislikes as her father does, instant Jolyon begone!
Very funny!
RenaissanceElf chapter 5 . 5/18/2013
Again interesting as we are able to see a bit more about Colleen and the troubled past she comes from. Her mannerisms are much like a 12-14 year old girl in ways. Her language is alarming for an eight year old, I'm surprised Tintin hasn't tried to get her to tone it down some. I guess right now that's the least of their worries.

The issue of their relationship- another complexity they may have to explain very soon, but at 8 years old that normally wouldn't be an issue...8 year olds these days maybe but back then probably not but Colleen is a bit of an exception to the rule. Tintin is determined to let her know which is kind of interesting, I would have thought he would have erred a bit on the side of not rushing things like Haddock.

Great Job!
RenaissanceElf chapter 4 . 5/12/2013
Interesting how the Captain has quickly decided to take responsibility and how such little formalities mean so much to him such as the surname of Colleen... or Agnes?

It's good to see that Tintin is sticking with his man with these sudden turn in events.

I was surprised that Colleen didn't go nuts when she only had the head of her Suzie doll.
Maybe they will find the rest of her or make a new body for the doll?

Colleen seems to be a real tomboy!
Nice job again!
RenaissanceElf chapter 3 . 5/7/2013
It seems like Haddock's paternal instinct seems to be kicking in some after a some slight shock... also Tintin's somewhat paternal/maternal instinct also seems to be taking shape as well.

It seems the doll Suzy means a lot to Colleen... I wonder why...?
Oh I noticed you have written that the story takes place post Picaros... would that be after the Alph-Art as well?

The Detectives are hillarious... as always.

Seems like chocolate is something else Colleen really likes! Good Tintin watching her sweets intake hehehhe
Great job again!