Reviews for Flight of Freedom
more plese I cant wait!
Saphrae chapter 1 . 5/6
I read this story last night and absolutely loved it! You do such a great job of keeping the characters in character. Even more than that, I like that you seem to have an over-arching goal and outline for the story, rather than just dropping Harry and Sirius into Temeraire's world and seeing what happens.

I think Sirius' accepting and then choosing his dragon side is very well done. I am also very glad that he didn't invent his own breed of dragon, but rather re-awoke one he already had a connection with. Some people might say that makes him more of a "mary sue" but I think it shows good writing and planning.

I also like that they are getting extra "secret" training. They're going to see battle soon, and the more training they get the better they can defend themselves. It's much better writing than if they were both just naturally amazing. I am eagerly anticipating the first real fight, when they can shock the Corp at how much they know "on their own."

I am also very glad that you put so much thought into the Corp's response to Harry. I think the scenes from their perspective are even more fun than the ones from Harry or Sirius.

I do have two small questions: why choose to have Ron betray Harry, and why choose to have the Dursleys be so physically abusive they leave multiple scars?

Ron first: I know this is fourth year, so if there was ever a time when Ron would betray Harry it would be now. Fourth year was tough on Ron, but I felt like he grew up a lot during it and by the end he was much closer to being a mature adult. Is there a reasoning behind Ron believing the worst of Harry?

As for the Dursleys, I was really glad when you said that they beat him *after* being told he couldn't defend himself and that he'd killed someone, supposedly "confirming" what "they always knew about him." When his back is revealed to the doctor, however, you say that he has years of scars. This seems out of line with canon. Is there a specific reason you chose to change this?
irnzenmonk chapter 13 . 5/2
great story its awesome
webpixie chapter 7 . 2/14
this story is kinda old so im not sure if you will care or not but just in case you have a bit of a continuity error in this chapter "The boy had wormed his way into his heart the second James had placed him in his arms just minutes after his birth" but in chapter two you had said "(...)I have loved you since the first time I held you. Your father had fainted so I got to hold you first(...)" so james wouldn't have been able to hand him to sirius.
VizeerLord chapter 13 . 10/16/2015
Good blend of the two stories. Minor issue of the time line since, are you doing a 4:1 ratio, Harry to Hogwarts?

Minor spelling/grammer issues, more like spell check errors, or data storage/tranferance.

More please.
skywiseskychan chapter 13 . 10/5/2015
oooh Luna has joined us. But I admit I'm more curious about the dragon that has found her than how she got here.
yanzebilo chapter 12 . 10/3/2015
Oooh update!
Redgriffin chapter 13 . 10/2/2015
Oooh, it updates!

*Crosses fingers that Luna will shortly end up with a fireopal of her own and in the temeraire-verse.*
yrfgd chapter 13 . 10/2/2015
Glad to see you back. This is a good story with an interesting plot line and I've enjoyed re-reading it.
hilarydilarydoc chapter 13 . 9/30/2015
Hurrah! You're back! I love this story and I am so happy that it will continue to grow and evolve. I can't wait to see what happens next!
EmptySurface chapter 13 . 9/30/2015
Oh, I suppose Luna is going to join Harry and Sirius in the other world soon, then? :P Perhaps Luna's dragon will be female and end up with Sirius? That would be interesting! :)

I'll definitely Follow and I look forward to the next chapter, whenever it comes. I'm so glad to see that this story is still being updated, too! :D Thank you for sharing.
EmptySurface chapter 11 . 9/30/2015
I look forward to Remus' reaction to finding out that his best friend is now a humongous dragon! :P
EmptySurface chapter 8 . 9/30/2015
Hehe, I imagine Harry/Evan's affinity for flight and his extraordinary balance is going to make him beyond an excellent flier! :D It'll be amusing to see people's reactions to it, that's for sure. :)
EmptySurface chapter 6 . 9/30/2015
Hah! Those idiots trying to make Sirius stay away from his Godson! :P But I'd like to point out that Sirius DID try to take Harry that night. Hagrid refused to give him to him, however, and it was only after Sirius had failed to convince the man, after arguing, that Sirius did the only thing he felt he could do to protect Harry once he wasn't allowed his godson; he went after the Traitor.

This story is great, and I'm very much looking forward to see how Evan and Sirius are going to adapt! :)
EmptySurface chapter 3 . 9/30/2015