Reviews for Monster?
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Very good alternate ending for ToB :)
AudreyAnn chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Ooh, alternate ending! Interesting how similar it is to Ch. 69, with the tributes using conversation to hide their strategizing. Liked the increased sassiness and Aleah's attempts to get under Jules' skin. It looks like Aleah didn't rush Jules in this version, giving her time to blind Aleah with the flash bomb. Love that we get to see how Jules' plan would've worked. Also like the use of the setting by the author to maximize confusion, with voices getting thrown off the walls. Hee! at Aleah talking as a distraction for the smoke clearing. Jules' moment of self-doubt in killing another person was pretty cool and well-written; the fear of letting people down, and the anger at the Capitol she managed to channel into anger at Aleah. Interesting how she thinks Aleah is the Victor the Capitol wants; Ch. 70 showed she was popular with the audience, but increasingly viewed as a problem by officials for the same character traits. The impact bomb caused a lot more damage to the tributes, so there was less fighting. I think maybe Aleah was trying to get some last shots in so Jules would kill herself in despair before Aleah died from her injuries? If so, it's not a bad strategy. Loved the use of Monsters to bring things back to a full circle. Looks like winning will haunt Jules pretty badly.
peacewithoutawar chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Whoa. I was kinda shocked in ToB that Aleah won (I thought maybe the bigger underdog (jules)) would win. I really like this though especially the last art. I'm gonna go read the other oneshot now.
vgwwvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
The last line was so amazing! I think if Jules actually won she would have a harder time with the aftermath then Aleah. This was a great one shot.
Gingehfish chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
"I won. But then I didn't."

The conclusion most of the Victors eventually come to - you can't beat the Capitol. Not ever.
nightfuries chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
That was so intense! And a perfect alternate ending. I loved Jules throughout the entire story, and I think I said this before but I just can't fathom how much work must have gone into her, coming up with all her intricate plans. This was an amazing one-shot, and I absolutely loved it :)
Falconflight chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
This one-shot made me hate Aleah again. But then, if you're going to die, might as well use up all those insults right? Poor Jules. So broken and guilty... I love it. Too bad she couldn't win.
Ryanpotter chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
I still like Aleah's better. But I am glad that Jules won, in the alternate version. But it seems like she is the monster in this. Not Aleah.
zxskunkmuffinxz chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
This is pretty heartbreaking. She survives, but she really doesn't. Half expecting Jules to take her own life when she realises she's a "monster".

Great chapter Jazz, and for what it's worth, I will miss Jules, and every ToB character, and author that's not in the next one.

Again, great writing.