Reviews for Unrequited Love
loel ryn chapter 10 . 2/5/2005
oh but this is really good. you deserve more reviews-well here's one from me. not much really-and not all that intelligent-sounding either, just a little admiration condensed into type. i love your story-way to go!
Dear Abbie chapter 23 . 10/21/2003
I've been following this story since last fall-and went here to check it today hoping you'd finished it! But you didn't. :Sniffs:: I can't wait to see how this ends-It's terribly sad, and I really want to know why Mornenel left Frodo! Our sweet Frodo!

I have to say that I love your writing style, your realistic portrayal of grief and longing, and your characterization of Frodo is perfect. I hope you'll finish this soon!
Rachael chapter 23 . 1/25/2003
Oh my God! This was perhaps the best fan fiction I have ever read- and I have read many, many various fan fic stories over many years. Your writing style, your perfect characterizations of Frodo and the Fellowship, the storyline, the romance- absolutely perfect. **PLEEEEASE** finish this story! I MUST know how it ends! Also, I would like to see that promised uncensored version of Chapter 11 (I think it was 11)... PLease don't stop writing this! It is so wonderful! You have fantastic talent, I will be watching for more LOTR stories in the future!
Crystalite 104 chapter 23 . 1/24/2003
Eep! Why didn't she come! You're doing to us readers what Frodo did to Sam, lol. Cliffie... I like it!
jessi chapter 22 . 12/27/2002
WOW! Im new to fan fic, but will definatly be back again and again- you tale is wonderful- i cant wait to hear the rest! Thanks for the story!
Hermione Granger chapter 16 . 11/26/2002
This is the girl who wrote the last review: in case u have any doubts, we really loved this story of yours here! I simply adore bitter-sweet love stories and I think Frodo, my chilhood hero, deserved some mate. Mornenel (do u read this: Mornenil?)appeals to him just fine. Me and class simply cannot wait for the rest of it! I'll come up pretty soon with a story of mine. We hope u' ll give us some more N-17 stuff! O.K., just give us the end!

Yours dearly,

Hermione Granger

P.S.:All Gryfindor girls say hi!
Hermione Granger chapter 22 . 11/19/2002
WHY DON'T U JUST

FINISH THE STUFF?

HERE WE JUST CAN'T WAIT!
Crystalite 104 chapter 22 . 9/15/2002
That chapter was 2 short! :-) But I loved it. Please continue!
Crystalite 104 chapter 21 . 8/31/2002
OMG! Continue! PLEEEEEZZZZ!
Sally Gardens chapter 21 . 8/25/2002
Oh, dear... Frodo already said this does not come out well... What a sad turn, and so like Frodo to blame himself. Please post the next chapter soon.
Sally Gardens chapter 19 . 8/8/2002
Ahhhhh... Lovely and bittersweet. And now I have a hope, but I will have to wait and see how the story ends.

(One tiny tweak, FYI: It would be 1418, not 1419, at this time.)
LilyBaggins chapter 19 . 8/7/2002
This is such a sweet story! Love it, Diamond, really. The Legolas factor-Frodo trying not to cause strife just before the quest-makes it very interesting and unusual. Poor hobbit-trying to do what's right and yet wanting to be with Mornenel. Really, really enjoying!
JustDeleteMe chapter 18 . 8/4/2002
AAAAA! More Hobbit/Elf love!

I like the character of Mornenel.

Hm. I have a bad feeling about the state of her health.
LilyBaggins chapter 16 . 7/26/2002
Oh what a great chapter-and story! Thoroughly enjoying all of it.
Tech Dust chapter 14 . 7/22/2002
Ahh, yes. Me again. I’m glad you liked the review. Great authors deserve great reviews. I’m not sure my reviews count as great in the sense of wonderful, but they are great in the sense of long! ::grin:: I’ve never been that interested in Legolas as a character either, but I certainly was drawn to him in the movie ... mostly because Orlando Bloom is a hottie, but that’s neither here nor there, so we’ll leave that alone for now ... (I love the hair ... okay, okay, stopping!) And I definitely know about the life thing. Until recently, I hadn’t posted in over a year. Write when you can, and I hope it’s often, because that was an awful place to leave the chapter, just awful. But then again, this way you know we’ll keep coming back for more ... Sort of the idea, isn’t it? Such a tear jerker too. Yeah, I cried. I don’t usually cry while reading fics but ... ::sniffle::

I loved the imagery near the end—“... it felt like a fist was slowly tearing his heart up into jagged little pieces ...” Yes, that’s just what it feels like, just exactly. And nearer the beginning when he feels that everything is dark and heavy and thinking that maybe it’s the wound ... I think we all know better. Poor Mornenêl. Poor Frodo! It really is too late for a clean break. If he wanted a clean break he should have stopped things before he started sleeping with her. But I suppose it’s better to have loved and lost, as the saying goes. And with all that Frodo goes through, the poor dear should at least get a chance to love, even if it’s doomed form the start.

Now, I think that Legolas has put his cousin and Frodo in to a horrible spot. I certainly understand that he wants to look out for her, but she’s an adult, and should be allowed to live her own life without having relatives pass judgement on her. But I feel that this could explain a good deal. Did you notice that Legolas and Frodo never had a personal relationship? It wasn’t as if they were fighting all the time, but they were never very close. They seldom talked right to one another (right off I can’t think of any time when they did ...). This story seems to give a reason for the distance. Granted, they weren’t together for most of the journey, but even when they were, it was a very separate sort of together ... or maybe I’m just imagining it, but this is the perfect justification for a rift between them.

The conversation between Frodo and Mornenêl was wonderful. It feels very much like they’re speaking from their hearts, and very much like they’re holding back, not ready to admit that it has to be over. I still think it’s not quite over ... “He longed to hold her, but if he did, he'd never be able to leave; in fact he'd kiss her then, and touch her, and begin doing exactly as Legolas demanded he cease.”-Right there is why I don’t think it’s over. He can keep himself from starting something, but once it’s started, he won’t be able to stop.

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I’ll check back for more soon ... :) I hope you won’t leave us hanging for too long!

Luv ya! ::mwah::