Reviews for Ram, Expanded: Seven Firsts
EndlessMidnightSky chapter 7 . 1/4/2013
...I will memorise the limerick if it kills me. Pure awesomeness! Ah, I love smartie Ram. He's so brilliantly cheeky and epic that he can still beat Sark in a contest of wills and words despite being strapped to a torture device.
Tron's back *sighs with relief*. I was getting worried there. I'm glad he's alright. Well, aside from being in a prison camp and... Ah, you know what I mean. Anyway, it's a good thing he came back when he did, what with Ram beginning to feel suicidal. There's only so much a program can handle.
Also nice job on setting the scene for the film.
EndlessMidnightSky chapter 6 . 1/3/2013
"You suicidal, glitch-brained piece of outdated [malware]" Remind me to use this insult at somepoint, it's brilliant!
Epic Ram is epic. *Hugs Ram* You're epic.
...Frag, and it was all going so well! You, my friend, are officially epic at writing fight scenes. I loved this! It's so intense, I was barely breathing the whole time and I swear my blood ran cold when things started going wrong. Even though I know they're going to survive, I'm honestly scared about what's going to happen to them.
EndlessMidnightSky chapter 5 . 1/3/2013
Uh oh. Things have definitely taken a turn for the darker. Brr, that's horrible! Not your writing, but what's happening. Sark pitting UB against UB? Glitch-brained malware... Poor Ram, he's been through so much and now, finally, this is the one thing he can't handle that finally makes him snap and break down. At least he's not alone. Tron's got him.
Do you know what I loved most though? Tron trusting Ram with his disk. That just goes to show how close they really are. I mean, he's essentially giving Ram the Program's version of a soul. It's everything he is and despite him being a Firewall and Ram technically being a threat, he trusts him enough to give him his disk.
That's friendship at its greatest.
EndlessMidnightSky chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
"Well, what did they expect from an actuarial program, honestly?" This made me laugh :D . They make such a good team. One's got the skills and tactics and the other's got the calculations and statistics. I like the comparisons between single and team play, and then a further comparison when Tron's added to the mix.
Also, very clever on the colour of Ram's lightcycle. I'd always just seen it as they were different colours so you could tell who was where and the blues were all the same because they didn't matter. But I like this explanation a lot better.
Now I'd going to read "One is gold, the other is silver" (or possibly the other way around) before coming back to chapter 5.
EndlessMidnightSky chapter 3 . 1/2/2013
Sentimental. I like that they get some down time to just talk. Love the terminology, love how they see their Users. Alan and Roy, Tron and Ram. Best friends in any world.
EndlessMidnightSky chapter 2 . 1/2/2013
Haha, that part where Ram hit Tron on the back of the head made me laugh! :D Score to the Actuary! And he's part hacker? Ooh, this'll make things interesting...
EndlessMidnightSky chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to enjoy this series. I love how you've embedded Ram's function within his personality. And more BAMF!Tron :D . Heh, this'll explain why Ram's such a good fighter. He's got his function and lessons from the very best on his side.
LuffyMarra chapter 7 . 6/20/2012
Awesome stories. Poor Ram. Can't wait for the next story.
KaitlinDragon chapter 5 . 6/17/2012
I've been following this for a little while now after seeing it on Tumblr (I'm UserKaydee), and I must say:

One, I really like it and eagerly await each update.

And two, I'm terrible at leaving a decent review, but since this is a better than decent fic so far I'll try.

Anyway. I think you've struck a great balance in how you write Ram; he's this plucky survivalist who never lets on that he might be slightly out of his league, but in the latest chapter you showed some new facets of him that really rounded out his character, from his two-disks badassery when needed to his finally breaking down once the dust settles.

All of this of course served to build on his friendship with Tron (I don't know if you plan to go down the shippy path with that or not) which you hit perfectly.

And there's then the ingenious twist of Ram being a half-compiled hacker program, which is now total headcanon for me. It fits, and lends this a whole new level of interesting development.

I'll try to review a little more often, so please keep posting!