Reviews for credere
Faux Promises chapter 1 . 2/4
This was very well-written and pretty true to what I'd expect canon to be, save for the shipping at the end. I tend to definitely see them more as brothers, as I do with all the Genomes, since they share the same DNA. Not to mention Kuja, Zidane, and Mikoto are even more closely related since they are the only ones to be given souls.

You bring up an interesting point though. I wonder, if Zidane were to have died, if Kuja would remain unchanging in his age. And if Garland meant that he was not immortal in the sense that he was going to die sometime soon, or just start to age normally.
shyboywriter chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Awwww sooooooooo cute I hope you continue this fic! This is probably my fav. fic now! I like how it ended, leaving room for more chapters if wanted but closed enough to be all you write. I do hope you continue it you are a really talented author. Bye _
Anna chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Your story has made me so happy. You don't even understand how I feel right now. Everything is bliss. A Gold Star for your success.
Suikorin chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I always love the bad guy. It's a rule of RPG that bad guys are always badass enough to totally destroy a 4 to 1 advantage and manipulate everyone else to inadvertently do evil. Another rule of RPG is that people doesn't seemed to be restrained by everyday concerns like it takes a freaking long time to get from point A to B.

I think you really seamlessly incorporated those silly RPG rules here, as well as tell a good story. To be honest, I don't really like the guy/guy thing, but this story was so well written that I stayed up late to read. So thank you for gracing with this piece.
speechless chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Please write some more, I don't care if it's a continuation of this story or a new one.
I absulotly adore the way you reprosanted the both of them, and by far this is one of the best Kuja/Zidane fanfics I have ever read.
MoonlightSkye chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Daww It's so... cute! My widdle Kuja... and Zidane. It was so sweet! I could see Zidane running away from getting married too (I WANTED to! I never really cared for Garnet... her and her being depressed for half the game... yeah. I don't wanna talk about her). Everything was lovely. The story kept everyone in character (good job on Kuja. He was like, amazing!) which is really kind of hard to find nowadays. Oh. And just how cute this is. God. It's so adorable. My heart. Is melting.

-Skye
Fractured Peace chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
I absolutely loved this. It's one of the best "What if he survived after the game" scenarios I've read. There were a few problems in the style, but the scenario felt real and you definitely captured the essence of the characters here. I feel like, if Kuja did survive, this is likely how the events after the Iifa played out...to a point.

On the more critical side, there are a few minor points I could make regarding the style. The flow felt a bit cluttered at points with unnecessary prepositional phrases or adjectives. It wasn't anything that broke the flow or voice of the piece, but it was a bit noticeable in places. For instance "Thankfully, the window - on Kuja's side of the room - was open, at least, so the overwhelming stench of medicine could ventilate a bit." Taking out a few of the adverbs, prepositions, ect and rewording the details would have cleaned up that sentence. The second scene had a bit of trouble with the verb tenses and switches between the past tense and...whatever it's called when you put "had done something" (can't believe I don't remember). Not enough to confuse anything, but just enough so it takes a little longer for a reader to get the meaning out of it.

There were also a few plot points that I felt a little iffy about. The part where Kuja gives Zidane his memories was a bit strange. Dramatically interesting and a good way to give backstory of how you think the pre-game stuff went, but also not something I remembered from the game. When they both just knew that Kuja could do that and didn't even question it, I got a bit jarred out of the scene because I had a lot of questions. Also, I'm really not a fan of Kuja/Zidane. That's not really a point against it so much as a point of personal preference, but since it really only started at the end, I still love this story because...Well, a disappointing ending doesn't ruin an entire 10,000 word story. I still wish it hadn't ended that way though. It always feels really out of character and wrong.

But again, great characterization, great voice, and a great view of what happened! I really respect this story and you as a writer! Great job!