Reviews for of turpentine kisses and mistaken blows
fiction fetishist chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
but
whyyyy
;A;

ugh this was so sad, and yet, so beautiful and perfect. how do i even
so many feels i can't asfadjhsgl

sorry for this incoherent mess of words, but ugh, i just can't. kazehaya and sawako are just so heartbreakingly real in this and asfjdfshkhgks i'm gonna go stop now
fyerigurl chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Like I told you, I don't even read/watch Kimi Ni Todoke (besides the first episode) and I loved this.
SawaxKaze021 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Hihi i like it :3
Pamela chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
I've thought of this too :\

Ahuhu it made me cry :(I hope this won't happen to them... But there's a high possibility that this will happen... No, no! I'm gonna die if this will happen! X

oh Sawakaze!

But, I like it so I'll give you 5/5 :D
thesadisttensaifuji chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Okay so I couldn't review last night because I was in a hurry but... THIS IS AMAZING. You captured the dynamics of their relationship, their characters, and their friendships really well. I can totally see this happening in the manga, what with everything that's currently going on. I'm still toying with the idea of writing a response fic to this, just to expound on some stuff. XD Well done, Froggy! :)
doroniasobi chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I told you I loved this and I still do, and I reread it just now and MY HEART. Sawako, you darling. KAZEHAYA YOU GODDAMN JERK. JERK JERK JERKFACE JERK.

I did kind of like him here though. I like the fact that this comes across as something I could really see happening in the manga. It would be unfortunate, but with how the two of them are being in the manga recently, this is the sort of situation I could feel in the air, you know?

HE'S STILL A JERK. Sawako's so sweet D: AND HE'S JUST LIKE 'I don't know what she's thinking so IMMA AVOID HER AND STUFF'. NO. NO YOU IDIOT YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE HER CRY LIKE THAT YOU IDIOT JSKFSFHGKSNGJKSFNGKJ
LS77 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
this story made me happy and sad all at the same time. (;_;) i really liked it. totally agree, they are cute but painful.
Harumaki chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
lol, I had to catch up on the manga for a bit before reading this. AIGHT LET'S DO IT

"Ayane nods. 'That's why it didn't work,' she says. 'Because love is selfish.'"

Everything you've made the characters say were true to their canon representations, except perhaps for this instance. It makes sense that Ayane would point this out because she's always been the perceptive one of the trio, but I don't know if manga!Ayane would be able to say this very statement, if you know what I mean. (lol, trying to avoid spoilers here.) At the same time, this was really profound, and I liked how it kinda explains how Ayane is the way she is when it comes to love. Anyway, I guess this is also where the semi-AU-ness will come in?

Aww, Kurumi and Sawako! Also, nice writing style that you employ here. To be honest, I'm still getting used to this particular style, but I warmed up to it towards the end. The narration began to mimic Sawako's inner monologue ("She loves Kazehaya. She does. She does."), which was nice because it kinda felt like I was reading the manga/watching the anime.

All in all, this fic presents a more realistic view of Kazehaya and Sawako's relationship, but handles it with the same idealistic (?) sensitivity that the series has. I feel like this story would benefit if each section were longer (it feels a bit rushed), but perhaps you were trying not to be melodramatic with it. Whatever the case is, thank you for sharing this approach. It's different. And probably educational as well.
AquaJet chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
(you've already heard this but I'm putting it in my review word-for-word)

Somehow this touches me. (like a little Sawako just came rapping at my heart's door. She caused my feelings to soar, then by the end, nevermore.)

I really like the writing style you've chosen for this, it completely suits Sawako. And the ending...like I said before, Sawako was there pulling some heart strings.

I really wish I could hug Sawako lovingly because poor girls going through angst needs more love.