Reviews for Justice League the Corps: DCAU Series Part 11
S-Bumblebee chapter 20 . 7/18/2012
Chapter 19 was a chapter of characters spurring into action and the eventual uniting of the Green Lanterns with the JLU. You seemed to have settled John and Shayera after their argument but you've also placed a seed in Mary over Galatea.

The wedding was well described and I'm certainly very interested in the lost lovers. Carol's explanation of Kyle's blossoming love for her made a lot of sense, after all there are varying kinds of love and you can love more than one person, each of them in a different way.

I liked chapter 20 a lot due to the conflict that was involved between those that support Dela and those that support Carol. It's understandable why each support the dies they do particularly in the case of Wenowah because of Jack and even the others with loved ones. I'm going to guess Galatea is an exception though because of the care and support she has recieved that isn't easily offered to her elsewhere :) I can only wonder how Carol is going to get this mini uprising under control :D
JDP95 chapter 19 . 7/17/2012
The deed's done. What's Kyle gonna do now? Hopefully I'll find out in the next update :P Great chapter. I like how you showed how reluctant Kyle was, and how he was thinking of Kara. It was very well done. Great job!
S-Bumblebee chapter 18 . 7/16/2012
At the beginning of this chapter you get a real sense of quietness and an edge that makes it feel as though the situation really is bad for the League. The process of waking Shayera up was interestingly described, I liked the notion that she would wake looking for a fight although it wasn't beneficial to those involved. I figure that's the only time Huntress could get away with slapping her though :P

The confrontation between John and Shayera I think has been brewing for a little while since their loss and John's attempt at 'protecting her' just tipped her over the edge. Really got a sense of Shayera's anger towards him and how betrayed she felt for him wanting to leave her behind. Huntress' support though was a good way of breaking the tension as well.

Carol's confrontation with Sinestro was illuminating indeed, and its interesting how easily the Sapphires seemed to deal with the Sinestro corps, perhaps their fear of love is tangible. Kara's going to be ready to rip someone's head off shortly though :D
JDP95 chapter 18 . 7/16/2012
It worked. She actually got him. Bet that was a low blow for Kara. Great chapter, and I am so excited to see where this goes now!
JDP95 chapter 17 . 7/16/2012
Have I mentioned your fight scenes are really well done? Well, now I have. As always, awesome job on the chapter. I like how you mix action with character development. It works well.
JDP95 chapter 16 . 7/16/2012
Sinestro's a genius! He knows Carol better than most of the other people she's "acquainted" with, it seems. I wonder if she's right about Kyle though... Guess I have to keep reading!
JDP95 chapter 15 . 7/16/2012
Yes, we get more of the Penthouse fight! I really enjoyed this one, especially Katma taunting Sinestro. Great job!
JDP95 chapter 14 . 7/15/2012
Carol might win after all. I'm hoping that when John reference the other Lantern Corps he was talking about more than just Sinestro's Corps. It would be cool to see your take on them all. Great chapter, I look forward to the next one!
JDP95 chapter 13 . 7/15/2012
Diana can take her! She's Wonder Woman! Can you tell I'm biased? :P great chapter, as we see more developments with the LoD as well as the Sapphires.
S-Bumblebee chapter 17 . 7/15/2012
Anna indeed has a very interesting past. I like how you write her 'inner voice' guess you could call it. Her interactions with the modern world are well confronted as well, the transition has to be somewhat challenging for her. The conversation between Courtney and Anna was necessary, it was good to see the two of them at least get on friendly terms, they have to work with one another of course. I also liked Anna's thoughts on information for non-mages :)

I was happy to see Superman and Diana considering their formidable strength combined with their need to protect one another, it's something that could definitely become a problem for either of them with their level of emotional investment. And the line about his split curl hairstyle was fantastic by the way :p
S-Bumblebee chapter 16 . 7/15/2012
From this I can imagine that the Legion's magical members would find Anna to be quite troublesome indeed, but you've certainly introduced a twist with Hawkman there. Even as I read his words I heard myself say Ohhh? aloud :p

J'onn's interaction with Bizarro's mind interested me a lot, the brief moment of seeing his mixed, confused and lonely thoughts was quite saddening and made me feel some sympathy for him despite who he is.

Excellent team work between Booster and Starman, I've noticed that you've been pushing your combat more in the direction of team work in comparison to one on one battles. It adds an interesting diversity through reading.

The back and forth between Dela and Donna was excellent, Donna I think got the upper hand a few times there, but of course during the whole conversation I was waiting for Shayera to come back and she did :p I liked your description of her acrobatic flying style as well, not only that but you expressed it here as a technical advantage. Hoping that she's got the will to get herself back up now and find John and the others :(

Great chapter though a great mix of scenes and action :)
S-Bumblebee chapter 15 . 7/14/2012
There's a lot of contrast in this chapter which makes it rather exciting to read. Superman's aggressive response to Supreme was a clear display of how his relationship with Diana has influenced his combat from the usually mild mannered and held back strength to something less forgiving. Supreme didn't stand a chance.

The contrast between Will and Fear was strongly displayed here as well especially in the way the two sides perceive their actions and beliefs. More so on Sinestro's side as he seemed adamant in his corps rightful place as seekers of Justice. I think Katma's assessment is likely spot on.

Kara was impressive in this chapter as well, fighting in a battle against ring wielders is a challenge even for other ring wielders but her handling of Slushh proves that she's more an capable of handling what they have to throw at her.

Some great light humour in here as well which as always is greatly appreciated :)
S-Bumblebee chapter 14 . 7/14/2012
I really enjoyed seeing some action from Captain Atom in this chapter, his perspective is quite interesting. Felt really bad for him actually when his suit got torn :(

The introduction of the Sapphires was great, love how they timed it perfectly to Donna's aid, just in the nick of time and all that :) I can tell that Dela is going to be a somewhat handful. Shayera's going to be in for a bad time though once they catch up with her no doubt.

John in the conversion chamber was suspenseful I thought, half of me thought he was going to give in but like instinct his will kicked in and broke him out, although of course we still don't know what mindset he'll be in when he comes to.

What caught me most in this chapter though was Galatea and her reaction to harming Mary, it was heartbreaking to see her sobbing after her actions after hurting someone she considered to be one of her only friends. Of course its something that is deeply precious to her having not had such friendships and bonds come easy to her.
S-Bumblebee chapter 13 . 7/13/2012
You know how to tackle Anna to make her curious I must say, even after reading this I'm hoping Al will ask his question and find out how she is able to seemingly read his actions and cues.

Fatality's introduction as well was a little surprising, I think I expected you to alter her background a lot more but I expect its a topic you'll broaden out as she battles with John. On the subject of John your interpretation of the relationship between his emotions and the ring is well thought out and I think his perspectives will be changed by the end of this whether he wants them to be or not.

Nice to see Diana and Superman there as well and particularly in the coupled sense as you have described them here. They are no longer fighting beside one another as friends but as lovers and that will greatly influence their battle decisions.
S-Bumblebee chapter 12 . 7/12/2012
Two very interesting chapters indeed. Galatea's reluctance yet acceptance of the ring was most intriguing, specifically because Galatea's life has been very difficult and perhaps absent of love in comparison to others. For her to adopt the noble cause of giving and spreading more love, well I think it gives her a real sense of purpose, maybe a deeper sense than those that have had love given and shared with them for most of their lives.

The confrontation between Carol and John made some interesting points particularly about the effect of Will on the whims of Fear and Love. Its making me wonder if perhaps after all of this, even characters with a deep sense of love maybe affected, their perception of it or understanding altered by the 'truths' that have been revealed to them by the Sapphires.

Nice strategic work from Shayera as well and John in both their administration of the team and in battle strategy, John was a Marine and Shayera a soldier, it only makes sense that they would have a strategic mindset when it comes to battle.

Chapter 12 continued on to cover further aspects of love, you're really branching out and covering as many points and perspectives as you can, it gives the sense of an all encompassing task for the Sapphires. Sinestro's offer to Kyle is an interesting move from him as well, no doubt there are other motives but as long as Sinestro gets what he wants accomplished he'll go by any means.

Your descriptions of the other Yellow Lanterns was exceptional as well, really filled them out as characters of their own and not just a bunch of ring slingers that have followed Sinestro in his pursuits.
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »