Reviews for Year Three Part One: Journeys
Hollow Rabbit Hole chapter 30 . 9/26
I’m not sure how to go about composing this message. Still, I want to try my best to communicate to you all the things that your stories have made me feel, so here I go.

I think I stumbled across your Year One: The Academic story when I first started high school. That was probably around eight years ago? I’m twenty-two years old now and I just graduated from university in June. I finished reading all of your Yu-Gi-Oh! GX stories a long, long time ago, but since then I’ve gone back to reread them every single year. I really love your stories and the way you write has made me fall so much in love with the characters. You give them so much life with your take on their experiences and personalities. I started watching the dubbed anime again a few weeks ago because I was in the mood to renew my interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! (and it’s been wild; I feel so ALIVE). I finished watching the original anime with Joey and Yu-Gi, and then 5Ds (god Yusei’s arms make me weak), and now I’m halfway through season 3 of GX. A lot of the time I will remember how you wrote certain scenes and how the canon can’t even compare to the standard and quality you’ve established.

I was a lonely kid growing up and I hoped that would have changed when I entered university. It hasn’t. That’ okay. But reading your stories and reading about how Jaden sees his friends makes me feel less lonely, as pathetic as that sounds. It’s because of you that I’ve come to adore that character so much. In chapter six of Year One, you wrote:

“Never let it be said that Jaden Yuki was not a good friend, because he was... What made him such a fantastic friend was that he knew what type of friend the other person he was with needed... Jaden liked making people smile, and if he could make someone who had spent so long being said and alone to smile, then it was all the more worth.”

That series of paragraphs is one of my favourite parts you’ve written. That was moment where I found bits of myself in Syrus, Chumley, Alexis, Bastian, and Lia. Growing up, I always wanted to befriend someone like Jaden and in return, I wanted to be a good friend like Jaden. Lia is also really important to me as a reader. She’s grown so much, from the girl who kept to herself and was reluctant to become close to the people trying to befriend her to the girl who ran off to the White dorm to confront Sartorius and do just *something* instead of sitting around while Jaden has the burden of saving the world. When I think of Lia and aspects of my own life, I think that I can also walk tall if I just find it in me to get off my ass and take initiative. I love your stories because you show how all of the characters inspire each other. You show the characters at their low points and you show them at their strongest, and your writing inspires me to be just as tough and resilient in this world that can be so unfair and unjust.

I want you to know that I’m still reading your stories and I am certain that many others still are, too. I’ll be leaving the country in a week and a half, and I’ll have your stories with me during my fifteen hour flight to Hong Kong. I’m sure I’ll be reading them at restaurants on my phone while my parents and aunts and uncles are eating dim sum and I’m just sitting at the table waiting to leave. Right now, I’ve been reading Year One during my commute home from work (I started reading Year Two at first, but then by chapter 16 I was like wtf am I doing I gotta go back to Year One first).

Your stories are comforting and familiar, and I love the commentary that appears at the beginning and end of most chapters! It’s fun to read and I like how you’ll sometimes tell us about what’s going on in your life. I just want to say that I miss your writing dearly. I really hope you’re doing okay and that you’re safe and healthy and happy!
pgmtaiv chapter 30 . 7/29
Good day. I know it's been years; are you okay? The thought of Lia's journey never coming to a close it's heartwrenching, but at least I, and many other readers, are even more concerned about you. Are you okay? I'd rather know, even if you aren't updating anymore. Anyway, thank you for the good times you provided ya with vía the Yearverse. Hope you are doing well.
Guest chapter 30 . 8/6/2016
After four years, I still wonder. Are you alright? Will you finish this story? It's best Yugioh GX story I've ever read. Please tell me you'll finish it?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2015
i am still hoping, three years later, that there will be an update...
Thrill-Pair-All-The-Way chapter 30 . 5/5/2015
Please update it's been so long and you writing is amazing so please continue it
Molly Grace 16 chapter 17 . 1/13/2014
I understand you're frustrations with what 4kids did to Viper. I can't remember if it was 4kids specifically, although I'm pretty sure it was, but the people in charge of the English dub of the first Pokémon movie did the same thing with Mewtwo. They cut out that part of the prequel that made him seem sympathetic and relatable. I think when they came up with the title 4kids, they really weren't going to cater to the entertainment needs of any demographic besides young children who probably wouldn't have really understood the finer points of proper character development anyway.
Drachegirl14 chapter 30 . 12/27/2013
I am way enjoying this. Seriously. I missed the end of Year Two and had to wade through Year Three to this point so it took me a while to get here but my GOD it was worth it.

Firstly I need to say you are not the only one who is twisted enough to want to break characters and honestly I much prefer your canon to the GX one. Even when it's trying to be serious it comes off as cheesy and just not . . . ugh I don't even know (that is to say I mean the GX canon - AKA legit canon).

But in yours, the good guys don't always win, they don't always come out unscathed and they don't always draw that single card they need. Your characters are so much more REAL and the motivation behind them is so much more believable. For example, Jaden's obsession over Jesse in GX!canon seemed to legitimately come out of nowhere . . . but if it were to happen here it would make sense. I mean it'd still be odd (Jaden in yours does not seem the type to obsess over a single person, especially if the Gentle Darkness has already awoken in him; he sort of obsessed over Syrus during Year One but didn't quite seem to reach the same level of complete and utter devotion and obsession that GX had him following for Jesse) but at least here I could sort of understand it. Sort of.

Erm, sorry got side tracked there XD

I really enjoy your style of writing too - everything flows pretty well and I love how you set the tones, the moods, how when things get dangerous your style changes to reflect that - it becomes less about facts and more about what's happening and what they're feeling and only later do facts come along, only later do things make sense . . . which is honestly how it happens in life.

Further, I love how you use and create and play and develop and breathe life into the characters. Seriously. I'm intrigued and rather fond of Lia, I admire Alexis' spunk, I think I may have re-fallen in love with your versions of Jaden Jesse Hassleberry and Atticus, I feel pity for Zane (and also the weirdest desire to start smacking him each time he walks in), I want to be there and be friends with them and oh by the way did I mention I'm attached to these characters? You do an excellent job with characterization, truly. Well done.

I also love how you've twisted and changed the canon into something that's more . . . well . . . enjoyable. I want to stay for the mystery of how everything is connected, I want to stay to see the humor and the bonds and the love and the hate and just everything. You are amazing as a writer and I am ecstatic to be a reader and reviewer for this (and all the Year!verse) series. I give you mad props for doing this and for creating it.

On the note of shipping - I shamelessly admit to being a diehard Goldshipper, but I CAN see Slapshipping happening even if I'd be rooting for Goldshipping the entire time. The thing is, as weird as this is (you're not the only twisted one around here), I WANT to see them be broken and twisted and bent and finally reach that point where it's not the same, can't be the same but the final creation is that much stronger, that much better. And maybe at first it isn't and they're broken but I'm a firm believer that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (I mean check out your Chazz - Exitium almost destroyed him but it didn't and look at how strong that's made him, or Syrus and the Beasts; I even believe Zane might be able to be resolved . . . though I don't hold my breath for that . . .), and I have faith (no matter how much I question that faith it's there) that they'll get through it . . . battered and scarred but someday I think they'll be there. Maybe.

I'm a reader what do I know? I'm just along for the ride. Although, if they can survive Jaden's re-sex-ed then I'm certain they can survive this . . . and yes Jaden you will eventually wanna make babies. Or the thing inside you might. And it's still sort of you so . . . yes in that twisted way you will want to.

So yeah, Goldshipper here. Because I'm a weird person and as much as I've fallen into love with your versions of those characters I already had huge crushes on (shameless? yes, yes I am), I root for my own ships.

I am so seriously enjoying all of this. I cannot wait until we get the next chapters! Take your time though I well understand the mire that is Real Life.
ChocolateAddictionx chapter 4 . 10/6/2013
Hahahahaha omg I love the way you write the banter between each of your characters XD
Jesse is hilarious with his pronunciation issues and this is the 6th time I'm rereading this so please update! This story is amazing and it has been a year since youve updated this so please, please update :D
KingdomDragon chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
Hello!
This is a great, great Story! I read through both your first and second year Story and I just really love all the characters with the way you have described them. They seem so real but also cynical due to their experiences and have deep relationships. Each character has a deep personality. Plus the way you write your story makes the Yogioh GX Show seem so epic. And I mean really epic, in length, storytelling, suspense, character development etc.
I love your humor, it makes me always giggle or laugh out loud. This Story is so well written that I really can't wait for your next update. It's been over a year and I hope everything is alright, because you seemed really eager to update but haven't for so Long. I really hope you're ok.

YS, Dragon
WoolRanch chapter 30 . 8/31/2013
Whoa... creepy ending :). I love your story! All of them, actually! And... I've re-read the ones in this sequence several times, and I want to see the end of this!
gingergirl133 chapter 29 . 7/27/2013
Please write more!
Guest chapter 30 . 6/11/2013
Please write more!
gingergirl133 chapter 30 . 5/22/2013
Please please please continue it!
lovehateangel14 chapter 30 . 3/23/2013
I would just like to say that I don't think I have ever gone through any story on FanFiction as quickly as I went through this story. It is really that good, and I like it so much. You made GX seem so much more realistic, and I hope you update this story, and your other ones, soon because seeing such a well-developed story just stop is saddening.
WriterKM chapter 30 . 2/9/2013
You deserve 1000 reviews for what you've done here. You really, really do.

Slapshipping is so freakin beautiful, I swear, it makes me wish it existed in the canon show so I could watch it play out on screen. Your whole take on GX is worth every praise it's getting and more.

Seriously, I hope you update when you get the chance. This story is too great to go unfinished. (I'll wait, though, so long as you complete this (epic) story someday.)

But when you do update, gimme a long, long chapter to savor and squeal at. Please and Thank You.