Reviews for Palindrome
AvidAuthor chapter 1 . 6/3
The writing is so good! It's like a poem, but in story form. Amon is such a tragic man, and I think you portrayed really well.
N chapter 1 . 1/4
Listen Res, I really respect you as a writer and as a fellow human being. Nonetheless, I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of yourself and your writing (commercial or otherwise) as trash. I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're on an entirely different plane than most writers. You are a brilliant, ridiculously talented literary genius. I apologize again for being so frank. :P

We all love you, regardless of what you've written since HotM or what you will write in the future. Depression, self-doubt, and failure may wear you down, but all the people you've touched with your writing see you for what you really are: a true master of story-telling.

About the depression... One thing that helps me not to 'give in' to it, so to speak, is to tell myself, 'Well, I have to stay healthy and whole for at least another X number of years to take care of my pet' or 'to see my nephew graduate,' etc. It's almost like setting a realistic goal, and I find it easier to maintain my will to keep fighting the Big D when I have an 'unselfish' motivation, like an excuse outside of myself to take care of myself. It probably sounds silly to you, but it's really helped me through some unpleasant times. The 'good days' don't last forever, but neither do the 'bad days' (you know, the ones on which you wake up and immediately wish you hadn't).

As much as I hate optimism and remain a rather melancholic person at heart, I have to admit that I would've missed out on some truly beautiful things I could've never foreseen if I'd given in to my despair or self-doubt in the past.

The older I get, the easier it is to recognize true talent, and you have it. You are something special, and you are gifted, whether you realize it or not. I know you won't magically realize I'm right upon reading this, but it had to be said.

Take care and take heart, old friend.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
Everything you write is so thoughtful, so beautiful.
Coolera chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
That was amazing.
Coolera
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Repeating all your other reviewers here, but I wanted to say this was perfect. Love the inversion of a mask having a thousand faces and the Avatar's face having a thousand masks.
sakR9 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I'm ...
Speechless...

This might be the most profound beautiful oneshot of LoK... In the history of LoK.

Goodbye. I float away with the happiness of reading this...thankyou
Marie Vulffe chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I'm just going to repeat what everyone else has said - this is perfect. It's unsettling and haunting. Ugh. I can't even.

Only one thing would make this even more awesome - if some of it got rewritten to accommodate the season finale, and all the revelations therein. But no, other than that, I have to say that this is now my favorite Amon piece. Bar none.

This one line - A man in a mask has a thousand faces, he thinks, and every one is true. - it's like you took all my Amon feels straight out of me and put it into the perfect sentence. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
ya me confundi.. -
Lolita chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Um, why is everything you write PERFECT? Seriously, every Inuyasha story written by other authors after you published HotM just looked silly. Shame on you.
Shylos Ten chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This is so very lovely! I am sad it is only a one-shot...Your writing is beautiful!
dashdashdot chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
first SessKag, now this and korrlok? it's like you're speaking to my inner crazy fangirl.

(keep writing plz i love you in a totally non-creepy buy your socks off of ebay and second-party retailers way)
Insane Laine chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
This fic is amazing! Your writing is just beautiful and I love that this is told from Amon's POV. Great job!
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
"Her ancient breath, the breath of every Avatar that has gone before her or will come after her, ghosts against the sensitive valley of his palm."
- favorite line

Gorgeous, gorgeous work as always; I just adore your poetic voice. You haven't lost your touch at all.

-Q
Paige.sexiroyal chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
so...years later I'm reading HotM for the sixth or seventh time and now that I have my degree in Creative writing, I can fully realize how beautiful your writing is. This is lovely and creative and perfect. Never stop.
Sea-Bear chapter 1 . 7/14/2012