Reviews for Scales
I love this so much
Hbombmcfncypants chapter 1 . 9/17
That was amazing, thanks for the laugh and then the feels
ukkichii chapter 1 . 9/12
it was funny and then.. oh. ._.
zendog chapter 1 . 7/2
Really different and really good.
jublke chapter 1 . 6/18
Very creative! Had a good chuckle over laundry soap. :)
AHHHH I LOVE THIS SO MUCH PLEASE DO MORE
Some of this had me laughing so hard I cried, and this should definitely be a retroactive addition to canon. Holy crap. It fits so well! If anyone has a screwed up pain scale, it'd be people like the Winchesters and other superheroes/vigilantes.
My /mother's/ messes shit up with doctors, because she's had all kinds of wicked awful (mostly thankfully very brief) medical problems in her lifetime and has a good memory. Like Colitis, and childbirth, and pancreatitis, and who-knows-what-else.
Shit like these boys get up to? And how /frequently/? Definitely would screw up the standard scales. They'd have to spend time calculating and debating the assignments of precise detailed decimal points if they wanted to avoid these more wacky and fun versions. They actually work great, until you realize a little too late you disagreed about what order things ought to be in and couldn't talk enough to sort that out like when Sam did it on purpose with Music. (Dean has to take into account their differing tastes, which may or may not have changed over the years. Sam still appreciates a broader variety than Dean admits to, after all.)

Now that I think about it. That debate would likely require a lot of alcohol, because they'd be making a chart of /everything/, which includes incidents like "Zachariah removing my lungs" and "Death by Hellhounds". No wonder they prefer spontaneous bizarre scales.
Toothtooth chapter 1 . 2/11
This is really good, I love the interaction and be humour
BeautifulEscapism chapter 1 . 1/9
This is amazing! I can totally see this as something the Winchesters would do :) it made me laugh... Until the last one and then I wanted to cry... Amazing!
Jenjoremy chapter 1 . 1/6
I loved this story. I can totally see the boys doing something like this!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
Oh my god! I was laughing, just picturing the boys doing this, then I was crying at the end. I love this story.
Sakura Galaxy chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
I was absolutely cackling until the end.. Tears.. I'm choking on my feelings.
I want to hug/strangle you for this.
~Salted
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 9/19/2015
What fun! I can totally see the boys doing this. :)

And I like the AU bit. They wouldn't be Winchesters if they didn't try to hide all the pain inside, but life and their brotherhood would be so much improved if Sam and Dean would open up about interdimentional field trips.

Thanks for sharing this. :)
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
It's like grading something where everyone writes a different type of essay on a different subject and it is graded through peer grading. Trying to normalize that so that a 9 on one is equivalent to a 9 on another is nearly impossible due to the variables involved, and of course pain scales can run even worse than that. The variety of scales used here are certainly amusing. As a comment to the last bit, a better comparison would probably be Dean's Hell experience to Sam's experience. Of course it could be that universe where Sam's experience involved far too many rules and Lucifer on a sugar high, so maybe it is just Death's wall that is equivalent to a 12 on a scale from 1 to 10? Thank you for posting!
AlexHunter13 chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
I absolutely love this story. It is one of my favorites. You did a great job with it!