Reviews for Paper Trail
Wolseley37 chapter 3 . 10/11/2013
Love this one! Comical ending, true to form!
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 4 . 8/9/2012
It's so nice reading something from Hawdon's POV, as we don't really get to hear his voice in the book. I like how you portrayed his character; their love story truly should be made into a separate novel. Really enjoying these letters! :D
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 3 . 8/9/2012
'For God's sake, Esther, I am not your father! How can you be so wise beyond your years when it comes to Rick and Ada, the Jellybys or Mr. Skimpole, and yet so blind to what is right before your eyes? Or has your aunt driven you to such depths of self-hatred that you cannot even acknowledge how much you are loved?' The poor guy, Esther really was a little slow when it came to him and his feelings. I love how you had him start the letter over and over, getting more and more agitated with each attempt.
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 2 . 8/9/2012
Wow, this was so unexpected and a great insight into Volumnia! I love how you took a seemingly shallow, unperceptive character and gave her quite a bit of depth by simply writing down her observations of Tulkinghorn, brilliant!
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Yay, a Bleak House fic! (still in the middle of reading David Copperfield, but will check out your fic for that fandom once I'm done).
I love your way of capturing Lady Dedlock's voice in this; it sounds so incredibly dickensian it's really impressive.
'But you, my daughter, with your father's generous spirit looking out from behind my eyes – you have changed me. When I heard of how you contracted your illness, from taking care of that poor boy with no thought of your own safety – when I saw how you filled the lives of Mr. Jarndyce, Miss Clare and all around you with comfort and joy – when you forgave me from your heart that day on the Ghost's Walk – my eyes were opened, and I saw what I might have been if, so many years ago, I had began down a different road.' This sums up those two characters and their differences so perfectly, I only wish Lady Dedlock could have been saved...
Margo Duncan chapter 3 . 7/22/2012
You are masterful! I love this! Fantastic job!
RomanDeLaRose chapter 3 . 6/16/2012
Very much enjoying this - more please. I would LOVE to hear more about the young Tulkinghorn and Volumnia's pursuit of him. Also think the story of Lady Dedlock and Captain Hawdon would make a wonderful fic. If only I had time...

I love your Dickensian voice and anyone who writes Bleak House fic has my undying gratitude!