Reviews for Tight spot
cremekuchen chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
What's this? The first reviewer? Well it'll be my honour!
So, I suppose I didn't much like Ed being tortured, because I care about him. It was necessary for your plot though, so I completely understand. It was made better that Roy was with him; Roy was so sweet to want the beatings inflicted on him instead. And I really like the idea of these two being confronted with death, and in turn feeling compelled to tell each other their undying love :) Your story shows how important it is to say what you want to say before it's too late. Not a lot of people can do that so easily, but Roy and Ed, being put in a deathly situation far more often than most people, understand that, and you conveyed it well.

My favourite part was the end. Just picturing Ed lying there in the hospital, pale and battered, tugs on my heart strings. Ed is supposed to be unbreakable, but having Roy be there for him, to catch him when he falls, is something everyone should have, no matter how tough.

Another note I'd like to make, and please don't feel offended, is some of your awkward sentences. Your wording is off a bit in a lot of places, causing the flow of the story to become a little choppy. I haven't been to your profile, so I'm not sure if it's just because English isn't your first language, or you're just unpracticed. However, it might help to have a Beta or just a friend proofread for you :)

I really liked it though, despite the grammatical errors. I thought it was heartwarming in a relieving kind of way (glad Ed got out of there!) So keep it up!