Reviews for Winds of Change
korraHEARTScocacola chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
Please continue this! I've been dying to see how this story ends! I love your Hills have eyes stories, they're amazing. I don't usually comment or review on things, but I had to comment on this! You have no idea how happy I was when I saw you updated this, and the chapter was amazing. Please right more!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
Please continue this! I want to see how it ends so badly! I love your Hills have eyes stories, and this is one of my favorites. I thought you had just abandoned it completely. I don't usually review or comment on things for some reason, but I had to comment on this because I really want to see more of this!:)
Dance Elle Dance chapter 13 . 7/8/2014
I was so glad to see that you'd updated! I really love what you're doing with this story, obviously. Everything is just so nicely written, as usual. It's such a nice thing to see in the HHE fandom.

This chapter was really nice and fast-paced. I could definitely feel the frantic nature of Stump's thoughts as she tried to decipher what was going on around her. Poor Delmar and Crank, all beaten up like that. :( And then Hades is back! Goodness. He is such a great villain, I don't even know how to comment on it. Just his presence alone is enough to make the story feel that much more menacing.

I loved this chapter, as I have loved the others! I've said it before, but I love how you've really gotten into Stump's head. However, I believe my favorite part of this chapter was AMBER! Like, look at her, going all Rambo Resurrected! It was such a nice thing to see, her taking charge and standing up to Hades, even though she was probably terrified.

Another thing that I really liked - and this is totally going to sound weird - was how confusing and jumbled everything got in the end. I felt like I was along there with Stump, not knowing what the hell was going on. Like, was Letch shielding her or was he in on it all along and just pretending to be on their side? And, if he was shielding her and the whistle wasn't a cue for him to attack, what the hell did that whistle signify? And that ending line! So ominous. I can only sit here and wonder what else you have planned after reading that!

Gaaah, such a great chapter, Carling! I can't wait to see where you decide to take this next!
Anon chapter 12 . 7/5/2013
I'm practically dying for an update! I really can't wait to see what happens next...
hunter-strain13 chapter 12 . 6/12/2013
Now I demand more! More! Please? This makes me so happy!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 12 . 6/8/2013
Oh man, this was definitely worth the wait, Carling! :D

I am absolutely in love with this chapter. The conversation between Letch and Stump at the beginning was very intense, and Letch's description of what happened to his mother was just chilling to me. I liked how you touched on Hades' paranoia, which is a very realistic concept when you consider everything he's done. I also like how you made it so that Hades actually knows how his sons feel about him, and has guards outside his room because of it.

And then Chameleon shows up! *spazzes*

I *loved* the little bit of playful banter you managed to work in there, with Letch commenting on how Stump "grows on you" but then retracts the statement to mess with Cham. Bahaha. And then Stump's ongoing comments about Cham's lack of clothing. That's just wonderful - and a very nice image for me. *shameless crush on Cham is shameless* Also, I found the little subtle things you wrote about Cham trying to right the wrong of taking Missy. So sweet.

And then the end! What an ominous cliffhanger! Poor Crank and Delmar. You know how I love those two! Oh man, this makes me even more excited for the next chapter! Amazing writing, as always! :D
Dance Elle Dance chapter 11 . 4/2/2013
Dawww! I loved this chapter! Which isn't a surprise at all! :D

It was really nice to be back in Stump's head. Her thoughts were refreshing as always. There were some bits of darker humor in here (well, like usual with Stump, lol), which were awesome. I giggled inappropriately at this particular passage:

(When Hades comes back, another side of me rationalized, who knows what will wind up in your mouth?

I started chewing immediately.)

I just adore your writing. It is filled with just the most minute things that get me thinking. Like the moment Stump compares her eyes to Letch's, and how they remind her of the color aquamarine. And earrings? I wonder where that train of thought was going before she derailed it. Though, I have my guesses about that. Unless it was meant to not be something extreme and I'm just overtly looking into it, lol. I have that tendency.

I especially loved how you wrote the interactions between Stump and Letch. How Stump was so caring, almost motherly, towards Letch when she didn't have to be, and made sure he was okay before she got to work with her escape plan. I like how you're writing Stump as a such a strong character. It fits in with the rest of the canon HHE women who are tough and have a backbone (unlike a lot of horror females, I find).

The bits of conversation between Stump and Letch were really kind of light-hearted and speak of an easy and effortless kind of relationship even before one has even started to develop. I just adore how you're making these two interact. The moment where Stump caught Letch before he was about to fall was just *too cute*. If I could draw, I'd totally do fanart for that, haha.

You have a great way of ending chapters as well! It just makes me wanting more! That last line was just lovely, and so very Stump. I could picture all of this extremely easily in my head.

Sorry my review is so delayed, but hey, it's - I believe - sooner than the last one! I am so eager to see what you decide to do with this fic and where it is going to go in the long run.

Keep up the amazing work, Carling! :)
hunter-strain13 chapter 11 . 3/25/2013
EEK! Letch and Stump are the cutest! Loved this chapter sheila! More please! I was missing this so badly. I'm glad Letch isn't too seriously hurt. I was D: about it.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/15/2013
More chapters
Dance Elle Dance chapter 10 . 2/13/2013
FINALLY I have read this chapter, and it was so very wonderful! Just like the rest of your story, of course!

I adore the fact that this is from Chameleon's POV. His angry musings at the beginning of the chapter were too funny. I just love the guy oh-so-much. I really liked the chapter title. Seemed to fit the tone and was just a really neat choice, especially when compared to the things we know about Cham's character, it suits him as well.

I'm glad that things seem to be coming together for the soldiers and the anti-Hades mutants. It's really cool that you write them having a kind of dysfunctional type of teamwork. I really loved the addition of Crank and Delmar - because I freaking love those two - and they bring a really unique kind of flavor to the fic. I loved how you subtly hinted to Delmar's natural politeness and respect when addressing Chameleon, and Crank was as hotheaded as usual, which is completely IC.

And Grabber! Oh, I loved what you did with him here, helping the others in his own way. It was such a really nice and...dare I say fatherly thing of him to do.

Gosh, Chameleon. I can go on and on with how much I adore him, but I'm sure you don't want to hear that. I loved his thoughts on Missy throughout. It's clear that she made an impact on him in such a short amount of time, and it was sweet the way he thought of her as "ethereal" (I've always loved that word) and just...MAN I ship Chamissy like burning, I tell you, like burning! XD

Anyway! This was an amazing update, and I am so very sorry that I haven't reviewed until now! You're doing such a great job developing these characters and the plotline is really intriguing.

Looking forward to more from you, as always, Carling! :)
hunter-strain13 chapter 10 . 1/16/2013
Oh my GOSH, Carling! This chapter just blew my mind. Oh lordy... You...you, you...fiend! Why do you have to be so amazing at this stuff. I can't wait for more know. I adore the way you wrote this. As always, I adore Chameleon! And I squeaked when Hansel talked about Stabber and his purpose as a clan medic! Yay!
TheHawksRock25 chapter 10 . 1/15/2013
Loved it so much!

I'm glad you had Delmar and Crank team up with the rest of the gang to help. The teamwork is also awesome. Mutants and humans working together to start a rebellion. I love it! I was supriised to hear that Letch would also want to rebell too. I figured he would not like it much.

And Hansel is just too cute! I love the little Amber/Napoleon hint you put in there too.

Over all, it was really great to read. Can not wait for the next chapter
BlackShadow65 chapter 9 . 1/15/2013
Love it can't wait for more
Dance Elle Dance chapter 9 . 12/26/2012
Gah, great update! :D

It was really nice to get back to Stump's POV. The way you write her is just great. Her snarky mannerisms and inner commentary are just a joy to read, and I love the fact that she maintains a sense of humor even as she goes throught his roller coaster of a ride.

I was so happy that Letch and Stump have finally interacted! It was just really entertaining to read their dialogue and everything. Well worth the wait!

Your writing is excellent as always. The descriptions you have in this chapter were really great. Poor Stump, having to be kissed by Hades. Makes me shudder just thinking about it! (Have I mentioned how much I hate Hades? Just wanna smack him for what he did to Letch!)

Anyway, it's really cool that you've written Stump with practically no filter. I really like seeing what her words bring out in Letch. And I'm very excited to see where you decide to take the next chapter. Hopefully Stump gets out of there soon! I don't even want to think about what Hades would have in store for her - and Letch! Gosh, super mega crush on that guy right now. XD

Amazing work, as always, Carling! :)
Dance Elle Dance chapter 8 . 12/18/2012
So glad I was finally able to read this chapter! It's such a treat, to have fanfic to look forward to reading after a bunch of work and nonsense.

Your writing is wonderful, as always. I loved the little moment with Letch at the beginning, wondering why he cared. I thought that was a really nice touch. Definitely eager to see how he and Stump react in future chapters! *also has possibly maybe developed a crush on Letch* ;

I found it cool that you wrote Amber's POV. You did it very nicely and it was something that I enjoyed reading - like I do all of your stuff, of course. I liked how you incorporated Chameleon into this chapter, and him being the one that would help them through everything. It was really cool that you didn't go for the obvious option. Well, obvious in my eyes would be to use Hansel, but it's really cool to see that you took a different route and decided to firmly side Cham with the soldiers.

I love what you're doing here, obviously. I think it's just so cool how you're able to make this world your own. Makes me really think just how different the movie would have been had they cast a girl for Stump like they originally intended.

But yeah, this fic is just brilliant. I'm super excited to see where you take this, since it's just a great addition to the fandom and something that I look forward to reading whenever I get the chance to. :)

Keep up the amazing work! (I know you will!)