Reviews for I made a promise to a lady
I hope you come back to finish this story, along with "A Witch Comes to Sunnydale". They both are very good stories, and you are a very good writer.
this is a good story
Jhill88 chapter 13 . 1/29
I know this is an older story, but I really hope you update this one day. I love the little spins that you put on the show.
all forms of fluff chapter 13 . 6/25/2015
I'm not sure I like this story. 13 chapters in and I am still waiting for the story to start, for something beside the cosmetics of it to alter slightly. Its not that I don't like the small changes. I think there are brilliantly done, the musical section was actually kind of fun to read. I even played the songs in the background to get that feel that it was actually singing. For the most part you words lined up with the music. Other then that You havn't changed much. The actions are still the same, the diologe is slighly different but the results are the same. And while you have given reasons for the sameness that dosn't change that the same things are happeneing. My favorite parts is when you go outise of the cannon material. The phone call with Cordilla, Skip with the Powers, the Slayer white room. They were really adding to the story. but they are few and far between. The only way I can see the reason for this sameness would be for a major change some time after the time the wish was made. If you had another scean with Skip or the Oricals being frustraited at have to keep the changes to the world would have produced from happening by sending Buffy the dreams and feelings of her altered self.

I don't want you to think that I am just spitting on this story. It is a decently told story, however its still the same story as the show so far and whild Spike has altered somethings its not enough to keep intrest over long pierds between updates. If you do decide to update I hope that you get Spike and Dawn in a scean again. With him bailing to look for that dream stone the two of them havent gotten allot of time to themselves. The training sesion, another scean that I enjoyed, was really the only time they had to bond on screan. I am assuming that they still get together. The scean where she approched him after the buring dance proved that she was still confortable to be in his presence. Over all this story isn't so bad. It just seems like its just getting its legs under it. I hope the action or devergent sceans began to happen more rapidly as we approch the confrotation with the Trio. Thank you for sharing this story. Untill next time keep having fun writing and you will continue to have fans reading. Thanks again for the story.
nrdhrd3 chapter 13 . 2/1/2014
Please for the love of God finish this story!
randyzoopurple chapter 13 . 12/26/2013
omg
silverdragon0315 chapter 13 . 5/15/2013
love this fic well written
HikariYamino chapter 13 . 4/21/2013
OMG I NEED THE NEXT CHAPTER SO BADDD! I NEED MY SPUFFY DOSAGE! WOW, I LOVE THIS! 3
spikefan0001 chapter 13 . 4/8/2013
Great story and i hope you will update soon:)
Insert-name-here chapter 13 . 2/12/2013
Please let Buffy suss out what she does want, and maybe Spike could set up a parade, with 76 bloody trombones of course! :)

Please update soon!

Insert-name-here
Braxen chapter 13 . 2/3/2013
Sigh! This is so good. Everything and everyone is so recognizable, so close to character. And there is so much suspense! :D Even if I know you're heading toward happy endings, the road leading there is quite unpredictable. This is also the first time I've read something about a changing Spike that feels real. Slow enough, subtle enough. I do miss his ability to hit Buffy though. IMO that was something that really set her free, let her live out her feelings without having to hold back. It made them equal. But of course she never died in this story, so it can't be that way.
Braxen chapter 8 . 2/3/2013
Awesome! :D It was a very brave thing to take this episode on, but you've made a wonderful job of it. I absolutely love how close you keep this story to the show, your take so intertwined with the original and everyone very much in character but with the story slowly taking a whole new direction. As much as I loved the show because it dealt with the hard and painful stuff in life in such a good way, I have this longing underneath to see some happy endings. Making happy endings though can in turn make for a lot of cheesiness. I have high hopes for this story to deliver. :) I started reading yesterday and had planned not to comment until I had read all chapters you've written this far, but I couldn't resist to review this. Now on to the remaining chapters ...
Thorn Wild chapter 13 . 1/13/2013
Took me a long time to get around to reading this chapter... I've had it open in my browser since you posted it. Really love what you've done with it! Loving where Spike's character is going, too. And the conversations between Buffy and Tara were wonderfully done. Interestingly, I watched Dead Things just last night, so it was really very fresh in my mind. I'm excited to see where the story goes from here, especially when we get to the end of the season... Ooh, and we're getting close to As You Were, aren't we? Very exciting! Keep it up!
spiked-love chapter 13 . 12/26/2012
Hey, haven't been on in a while but great to see some chapters up.
First I'm loving how you are keeping with the show, yet the changes are clear but subtle. The way that Spike handled invisible-Buffy was great, and I love how you did the whole Dead Things episode. Spike really saved Buffy with that one. And himself from getting beat to a pulp.
My favorite part was Buffy's and Tara's talk. You really see the changes there. Instead of having a break down and crying she really realizes that she is starting to really like him. Yay.
Second, about my last post, I do see what you are doing with Spike's characterization. It's not that I think your doing it wrong or whatever I was just a bit confused. I can see in these last few chapters what is going on in his head and I get it. Spike is a whole heap of contradictions, but one thing is sure: while he is not a bad guy any more, he is also not a complete good guy. That is just one of the great things about him.
Hope that you update again soon.
highlander348 chapter 13 . 12/24/2012
Great chapter! I do hope at some point that Spike still travels to Africa to get his soul back. I always thought what he went through was so heartbreaking but noble. Cheers!