Reviews for I made a promise to a lady
nrdhrd3 chapter 13 . 2/1/2014
Please for the love of God finish this story!
randyzoopurple chapter 13 . 12/26/2013
omg
silverdragon0315 chapter 13 . 5/15/2013
love this fic well written
HikariYamino chapter 13 . 4/21/2013
OMG I NEED THE NEXT CHAPTER SO BADDD! I NEED MY SPUFFY DOSAGE! WOW, I LOVE THIS! 3
spikefan0001 chapter 13 . 4/8/2013
Great story and i hope you will update soon:)
Insert-name-here chapter 13 . 2/12/2013
Please let Buffy suss out what she does want, and maybe Spike could set up a parade, with 76 bloody trombones of course! :)

Please update soon!

Insert-name-here
Nonnikie chapter 13 . 2/3/2013
Sigh! This is so good. Everything and everyone is so recognizable, so close to character. And there is so much suspense! :D Even if I know you're heading toward happy endings, the road leading there is quite unpredictable. This is also the first time I've read something about a changing Spike that feels real. Slow enough, subtle enough. I do miss his ability to hit Buffy though. IMO that was something that really set her free, let her live out her feelings without having to hold back. It made them equal. But of course she never died in this story, so it can't be that way.
Nonnikie chapter 8 . 2/3/2013
Awesome! :D It was a very brave thing to take this episode on, but you've made a wonderful job of it. I absolutely love how close you keep this story to the show, your take so intertwined with the original and everyone very much in character but with the story slowly taking a whole new direction. As much as I loved the show because it dealt with the hard and painful stuff in life in such a good way, I have this longing underneath to see some happy endings. Making happy endings though can in turn make for a lot of cheesiness. I have high hopes for this story to deliver. :) I started reading yesterday and had planned not to comment until I had read all chapters you've written this far, but I couldn't resist to review this. Now on to the remaining chapters ...
Thorn Wild chapter 13 . 1/13/2013
Took me a long time to get around to reading this chapter... I've had it open in my browser since you posted it. Really love what you've done with it! Loving where Spike's character is going, too. And the conversations between Buffy and Tara were wonderfully done. Interestingly, I watched Dead Things just last night, so it was really very fresh in my mind. I'm excited to see where the story goes from here, especially when we get to the end of the season... Ooh, and we're getting close to As You Were, aren't we? Very exciting! Keep it up!
spiked-love chapter 13 . 12/26/2012
Hey, haven't been on in a while but great to see some chapters up.
First I'm loving how you are keeping with the show, yet the changes are clear but subtle. The way that Spike handled invisible-Buffy was great, and I love how you did the whole Dead Things episode. Spike really saved Buffy with that one. And himself from getting beat to a pulp.
My favorite part was Buffy's and Tara's talk. You really see the changes there. Instead of having a break down and crying she really realizes that she is starting to really like him. Yay.
Second, about my last post, I do see what you are doing with Spike's characterization. It's not that I think your doing it wrong or whatever I was just a bit confused. I can see in these last few chapters what is going on in his head and I get it. Spike is a whole heap of contradictions, but one thing is sure: while he is not a bad guy any more, he is also not a complete good guy. That is just one of the great things about him.
Hope that you update again soon.
highlander348 chapter 13 . 12/24/2012
Great chapter! I do hope at some point that Spike still travels to Africa to get his soul back. I always thought what he went through was so heartbreaking but noble. Cheers!
spike'smate chapter 6 . 12/19/2012
ooh that is so sweet of giles putting extra money in
cavemenftw chapter 13 . 12/19/2012
Interesting changes. I found Willows Spellcasters anonymous group quirkily funny, and really pretty plausible considering the Hellmouth and all.(In a world where the Hellmouth is plausible.)

Something I never understood in the show was why Spike didn't know Katrina had been dead a while. I understand Buffy, but Spike has the whole. Vamp extra sensory package. Shouldn't he have easily been able to smell that. Touched the body and realized she was colder than she should be?

In the Buffy Tara conversation Tara seemed, to me, to be trying to sell Spike to Buffy. I also think though that she could have plausibly just have been trying to not place any blame on Buffy in that moment. Trying to make her feel like she could still trust her choices. The whole "nothing is wrong with you" deal.

Oh, the season 8 comics were a horror show. Ill take your word on it that Andrew was better, because I'm repressing, but I did read the first dozen issues of season 9 and the dude doesn't grow at all. On the subject of season 9, the whole Andrew replacing Buffy with a Buffybot thing. That was just stupid beyond comprehension. How on earth no one knew, how on earth Spike didn't know. Once again back to the Vamp package of senses.

Ok, i am not gonna rant about the comics,(anymore) I really liked what you've done and I am really looking forward to another update.
CailinRua chapter 13 . 12/18/2012
Wonderful rewrite of Dead Things. I am beyond relieved that you managed to avoid the alley, and as much as I LOVE the balcony scene, I am glad that you avoided it, too. The balcony really did lead into the alley, and wasn't emotionally healthy for either of them, despite being hot as all hell! Tara and Buffy's conversation at the end here is just perfect; you do an amazing job of following canon and being true to the characters while leading them in healthier directions.
RedHead023 chapter 13 . 12/18/2012
Tara always has such excellent advice. Buffy needs to pay attention.