Reviews for The Sun, Half Covered
Fortune Maiden chapter 5 . 12/24/2013
This is a really great story! I loved your Detective Zelgadis and Watson-ish Amelia. This is also a really great look into the Slayers world (since admittedly it being a dungeons and dragons kind of fantasy focused more on adventure, doesn't leave a lot of room for world building)

I also liked how this wasn't a romance fic. We had Amelia sorta crushing on Zel but in a non intrusive way and Zel keeps his feelings in check, though it is obvious that he cares about her a lot :) It's nice to have a story with a plot and only minimal amount of ship tease :D

I'm off to read the sequel!
Zaphi Nashii chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
Well well...looks like this adventure is not over yet! oooh! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Steven P. P chapter 5 . 9/11/2012
Well, this was an interesting conclusion to the story. The mystery was wrapped up rather well, I suppose, although after the buildup I would have expected something... perhaps longer or more elaborate for the final confrontation.
I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but the ending does not feel like the end of a story, more like the end of a chapter. This actually isn't the first time I had this impression when it comes to your stories, I also remember reading "Wrath of the Volcano Goddess!" and being rather confused about why the fic... well, simply stopped. This isn't as confusing though, you do manage to give us some kind of ending, but it certainly seems to lack a satisfying closure. Of course, thanks to that it's also a great setup for a sequel. :)
Zoro50 chapter 5 . 9/10/2012
Kind of a quick ending, but very satisfying anyway. Nice work here, I am hoping you will continue this story, possibly in a book 2 or some such. I think what I most enjoyed besides the nice little mystery was that you didn't feel a need to force the Zelgadis/Amelia love angle. You allowed it to develop naturally and at this point all we are sure of is that Zelgadis feels a need to follow after her. I suspect this is not how Amelia feels. Perhaps we will discover more of her thoughts in a future chapter? Anyway this was a nice easy read that fired on all cylinders. I look forward to whatever your next project may be.
Utuu chapter 4 . 9/4/2012
I just discovered this story, and I'm really enjoying it. There's a dearth of quality Zel/Amelia interaction these days, and this is a wonderful addition. I can't wait for the next chapter.
arianasan chapter 4 . 8/20/2012
Es una historia muy interesante espero la actualizaciĆ³n pronto.
Zaphi Nashii chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
why do I get the feeling his going to have to wear a dress again...? hehehe
Zoro50 chapter 3 . 7/14/2012
With 3 excellent chapters down, I am greatly looking forward to more! You have a good plot thread going here and I like that the Amelia/Zel relationship is not center stage. There are hints of it, and it may come to the fore eventually, but these 2 always seemed to grow closer through the mission and not around it.

Keep up the good work!
Steven P. P chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
This is a greatly enjoyable story. :) It covers an area where Slayers rarely ventures: intrigue, politics, even prejudice. And yet, the characters and the setting feel part of the original world and show some care involved in their crafting.
The plot is truly refreshing in its originality, borrowing from Slayers canon in unexpected and imaginative ways. I am very interested to see where it'll go and who the culprit will be. (I don't know why they suspect Halimeda; after all, she was right there when they discussed springing a trap on the "saboteur", so walking into it would've made no sense.) The pacing might be slightly uneven at places (the rescue of Mrs. Galatei was slightly drawn out in this chapter), but the intrigue nonetheless manages to keep things interesting. :)
Zelgadiss' portrayal feels very balanced. When reading a story starring him and Amelia, I am mostly prepared to come across three flavors of Zel: one where he is already in love with her, one where he is in love with her but refuses to admit it, and one where he might not be in love with Amelia now but shortly will be. ;P This fic does not seem to regard tying the knot between its two main characters as a primary and vital concern, and again, this feels refreshing, especially the way it affects Zelgadiss. There seems to be no "writer agenda" forced on him, so he can stay true himself to the fullest extent. (I don't want anyone to confuse "writer agenda" with out of character writing - it's more like Zel being "strangled by the red string" to a bigger or smaller degree.)
Amelia is more of a mixed bag. This story puts its main characters into the role of a detective, and the often "only sane man" Zelgadiss can fit quite naturally into such a role. Amelia, with her usual idealism and justice speeches, less so. So, apparently, a compromise had been made to give her some off-screen character development which shifts her personality into the needed direction somewhat. In my strictly personal opinion, you may have gone overboard a bit. I can still glimpse her behind this shift in character from time to time, but, among other things, all too often she sounds so mind-numbingly... proper? Can't Amelia be a princess who fulfills her role as such, while still being Amelia? This story seems to say no, which saddens me to be honest.
However, the caveats feel rather minor to me compared to my excitement about the plot, so please don't let them keep you from continuing this great story soon. I am looking forward to it.

Best wishes,

Steven
Zaphi Nashii chapter 3 . 7/1/2012
interesting so far. can't wait to read what happens next (_)
Gallifreyan Phoenix chapter 3 . 6/30/2012
Ooo, I'm liking this story so far. I like a good mystery, and you portray Amelia and Zelgadis so well. D
Jetamors chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
It's good to see another story by you! I like how this one is shaping up, with the tensions between humans and chimeras. Still not sure who's responsible for the vandalism, but I'm looking forward to finding out!
cyberimp6 chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Off to an impressive start. That idea of a town divided with beastmen and chimeras is an intriguing one, and explained well. (But how many chimeras are there in the Slayers world?)
DeskRage chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Well...damn. This seriously needs more reviews.

First off, discovery of your name nearly caused me to weep with joy to see a truly fantastic writer for this fandom on this website. There aren't many like you!

Onto the actual chapter. I love your characterization of both Zel and Amelia. They seem very natural-the dialogue, the little observations and comments they make in their narration is interesting, mindful of their quirks and personalities and utile to the story, so kudos on that.

I'm especially intrigued by the handling and hinting of politics, especially Amelia's take. This promises to be a compelling story, and I can't wait to see where it goes next!
Zoro50 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Pretty awesome. Looking forward to more