Reviews for Never fear the Darkness
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
A glimpse of a happier time, before the Oath, before everything...
Fortune Zyne chapter 2 . 2/18/2013
This was an awesome story! Well done!
It's too bad that you aren't going to continue it. Though I think the twins were at least adolescents when Nerdanel left because I remember reading somewhere that Eldar couples don't seperate during the years of children.
But it's up to you in the end...
Galad Estel chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Mouse chapter 2 . 7/18/2002
I had trouble sorting out the Quenya names (I have enough trouble keeping the boys organized with their *sindarin* names) but it was worth the effort to read this story.

My heart ached for Nerdanel (though I admit there was a little shiver of delight when Feanor's icy voice cut it). The boys are more than just a blob of oath-takers- each have a character and particular relationship with each other and their parents. Very, very good ... I want to read more!
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 2 . 6/30/2002
Wowee! Lovely fic. I've only just discovered this, and I like it. Your Fëanor is very good, and it's nice to see some of Nerdanel's reason for having to leave. It must be hard on the little ones, though. Hey, do you mind if I borrow the Quenya names for this story I'm writing? I had the same thought as you that they would'nt have Sindarian names before they went to Middle-Earth, but I wasn't sure what else to call them. Post more nice chapters soon! :)
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 2 . 6/12/2002
Very nice fic so far! I especially like the way you show the affection between the brothers, and the reluctant but determined way that Nerdanel leaves the family - and of course she would hope to see her sons visit her. She still loves them, and even her husband Feanor, she just can't live with him any more, not without being destroyed herself. I'm looking forward to seeing how you show the younger brothers developing - especially Curufin.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 6/9/2002
Well, you know how I play this scene...but in your world I think it's Morgoth watching. Am I right?
Finch chapter 2 . 6/8/2002
Sniff... Poor boys... It seems especially cruel of Nerdanel to leave a pair of three year olds behind - or was it Feanor's fault; did he prevent her from taking them along? Is there a possibility you could work this out?

But I'm looking forward to see more of Curufin. Not even the three middle C's were bad in the beginning...
Kazaera chapter 2 . 6/8/2002
Very nice! Fëanor's family is a cool subject to write about, I eagerly await the next chapter!
Linmenel chapter 2 . 6/7/2002
Hey there! Great story so far..there aren't too many silm stories out there and its kind of refreshing every once and a while. You're an excellent writer, and I look forward to seeing more. Oh and for the nickname...maybe Telquar? I really don't know how the Noldor made up their nicknames but hey, I tried! good luck with the rest of it!
Deborah Judge chapter 2 . 6/7/2002
Aah! It's our writer's curse again!

Love your take on this. Nerdanel knowing she has to leave, Feanor watching her go, the children crying without a mother. Why didn't she try to take them with her, I wonder?

I like the way you develop the different personalities of each briother - like you did in 'of iron and steel'. They're not just a faceless bunch of murderers - each one, even the middle C's who are so hard to write, has talents and motivations.