Reviews for Duplicity
Faux Promises chapter 2 . 2/4/2014
I hope you do continue this at some point, I really would like to see where this goes. I always enjoy a well-written Kuja, his sharp sarcasm is absolutely priceless. Not to mention you've provoked plenty of questions here that I'd want to see answered.
The Punch Lord chapter 2 . 10/10/2013
i am curious about the kuja and garnet pairing, one i wouldn't mind seeing a bit more, hope this gets back on track
Guest chapter 2 . 9/14/2012
I love the dialogue between kuja and the rest of the cast particularly because you've kept everyone in character and it certainly does not feel out of place! I'm really looking forward to seeing more chapters keep up the great work :)
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 2 . 7/13/2012
I still like how 'clean' your story is - not stuffed with unnecessary details, yet still telling us enough about the general situation, everyone's feelings etc. And I agree with Fractured Peace - it's nice to see Kuja not as an 'emotional wreck', but as a man who keeps his cool, polite/sarcastic attitude regardless of circumstances.
I can't wait to read more, so please, keep working on this fic!
Fractured Peace chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
I was hoping you'd continue this. I'd almost forgotten how good your Kuja is. It's really nice to see him written so well composed and almost sterile of emotion. It makes him feel more like he did in the first half of the game and makes you really believe he could have wormed his way into the nobility and the hearts of queens. I do him way more of an emotional wreck so it's nice to see a better interpretation.

Anyway, definitely keep posting. I just love Kuja's voice and narration and I can't wait for more.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
A very promising start, I must say.

It's not often you see a story where Kuja survives and Zidane doesn't, or even a simple Kuja/Garnet fic. Ten points for originality here.

I like your clean, direct writing style. I also like your characterization - it was nice to see that Kuja's language and mannerism haven't changed at all (though I suppose Zidane's sacrifice might have changed him internally, and perhaps for the better). Everyone else seemed to be in character, too.

Great job so far. I've got such high hopes for your fic that I'm adding it to a Kuja-centric community on this page straight away. I'd usually wait for a few more chapters before deciding if the story was 'worthy' or not, but I'm quite sure this one will turn out just fine.

In any case, I'd be delighted to read more, and soon!
Fractured Peace chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
...It's funny. The story makes me want to read more and know what is going to happen. It's written very well, and I know from personal experience that writing in Kuja's voice is very difficult, but you pull it off perfectly here. The flow is nice, it gets a very interesting, almost sterile feel that makes the entire scene feel awkward, wary, and unreal (as it should) and I really like the scenario of switching out who survived at the Iifa tree.

But with that said...Your description makes me scared to read more. I really don't see that pairing happening at all ever, but I think I'd like to read more until it reaches that point. It was very well written with a clear sense of voice and style. Good job.
anon chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
it seems very, very interesting. please continue with the story! :)
ArretTinaStrife chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
This looks like it could be interesting. I'd like to read more, so please update soon.