Reviews for Dodge and Burn
branson101 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Wow. Can't wait for next Saturday. I am so glad that you posted before I had to leave for my 8hr drive. Where I'm headed Internet connections are iffy. I really liked it. Bella is really intriguing. Thank you so much for posting a new story.
tsm0836 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
This story sounds intriging and very original. How wonderful to have a colourful esentric Bella who has such an obvious ethusiasum for life. It certainly sounds as if Edward needs some colour in his. Love the line, "I think you took a piece of my soul with you. And I'd like it back please.". Thank you for sharing this story.
caz12771 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Wow :) What a beautifully written and intriguing first chapter. Can't wait to find out more about these two.

Thanks so much for sharing. I think Saturdays just became more interesting :)
Kerstin W chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I 'll be here from the start this time.

Sounds fun. Bella"s a strange woman..lol
BellaTesoro chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Oh my, where to begin? You hooked me in with just your A/N about wanting your daughter to know when fighting for a legacy is worth while. What I wonder do you mean?

Second, that this is a, "mature" story plot, which makes for so many dense and rich possibilities.

Bella sounds like she has so much energy and life, counter balancing Edward's stark life it would seem. The way you introduced the call late evening, while he's alone and she just seems to light into his life like one of those Christmas lights he remembers from childhood.

Bella seems almost bipolar in her high energy. I like her for her strength to go toward something that pulled at her. I get it, having felt that many times myself, only to rein it in because of proper etiquette. I wondered if Bella is a writer with the delicious words she describes the way she felt while listening to Edward's music and maybe he suddenly helped her get inspired again. She's obviously some kind of an artist...

And then there's Edward. I love him already with his dry wit and lost soul.

Ahhh, I could go on about your great writing style and how it just makes you want to read more. So it's a date, every Saturday, unless your want to meet more often. xo
jacndaniel chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
oh, abbie! how happy you can make me without even meaning to! i feel for your words the way tha Bella feels for Edward's music. i thought for sure that i would have the same word vomit when i finally met you in Vegas. thank goodness i was able to control myself! just please know how hard it was! i am so excited to embark upon a new journey with you, and cannot wait to see where you are going to take us this time! see you next saturday!

xoxo jac
Me chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Very promising! Thanks for the ride!
Alterite chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I was so happy when I saw an alert from a new story of yours in my inbox this morning!

I'm delighted with your characters, Bella seems like a whirlwind, and I get the feeling Edward needs that in his life!

By the way, we French don't detest Americans, I can assure you. We just don't fully understand them or their way of life I think! :)

Loved the imagery about the gilded frame. Have you ever been to Orsay?

Love from France,

A. xx
MsLiss chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
oh Abbie Abbie so great to hear from you!

Delightful!

i love it. something different again. and i so love your dedication to your daughter. beautiful

I'll be here waiting to meet you on Saturdays! its a date. ;-)
lesocialbutterfly chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Okay I'm in. See you next Saturday. Something tells me this is going to pull on the heart strings big time.
LPlover93 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Aww..eccentric!bella...i must say i like her very much. As much as i liked your edward before. Cant wait to see what made her get this whimsical attitude to life. Thanks!
sabriel017 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Wow, what an intriguing start! I don't even know what to make of these two, except that I WANT to know them. Bella is such a force of nature; I feel like Edward's going to need the glass of wine and a pep talk to see past all the glamour. Can't wait to take this journey with them. Thanks for sharing, Abbie! xo
tinkerbellss chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Yep! Every Saturday! :-)

So glad you started another story! And i loved this first chapter! I'm really curious about the backgrounds (wedding ring that you wrote at the end to let us hanging until next week maybe? lol) and about how things will turn out...

This Bella seems like one of a kind and i really wanna know more about them!

See you next Saturday and thanks for starting another story. I have something to look forward every Saturday morning again! :-)
DryerMugBag chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
What an intriguing start! He's married, or perhaps widowed/divorced/separated? I can't remember reading about a hippy-Bella before, only hippy-Renee. I like it.

The Musee d'Orsay is my favourite gallery in the world, though I'm not sure what it says aout me that I can't remember what any of the frames are like...? (That I focus on the big picture? That I'm not very visually obsevent? Both are true... LOL)
joyosix chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Abbie. So great to read you again! I love your eccentric Bella and a little bit stiffward. I am so gals he took the challenge. I had to chuckle at all your visuals- the margarine commercial and candy land! You have me hooked and I look forward to more. Xo jo6
7,370 | « Prev Page 1 .. 480 487 488 489 490 491 .. Last Next »