Reviews for Idiot's Gambit
checkerboardom chapter 5 . 1/12/2013
I'm glad Mail got his happy ending. And I really enjoyed this story. I also know where I remember that quote from! It was posted on MyMello'sMatty's profile when I frst met him and I thought it was awesome. Apparently he got it from you so... you are an epicly epic person for coming up with that epic quote of pure epicness, epicly.
checkerboardom chapter 4 . 1/12/2013
"I'm a bad person. I kick puppies. I make rude gestures at nuns. Sometimes people end up dead. It's my job." I know this from somewhere! I don't know where, but I know it! *dies of laughter* This story is seriously twisted with so much death, blood, violence, and the absence of morals. I adore it though.
Carottal chapter 11 . 8/21/2012
Oh, great, you're back!
You know, it's great you didn't leave us with an awful cliffhanger or we would have suffered a lot! But here was the new chapter and I must say I liked it a lot. I love the simplicity you used to describe the execution. No pictures, only sounds, many things kept silent. But one crude sentence (that I liked a lot might I say) 'I wasn't going to watch Light fry' Not die, fry. That's the reality of the situation. That's what they call justice, frying people...

So now Light is dead, hated and loved, gone with his secrets, the reasons why he protected everyone, we'll never know how much of a bastard he was, but we never could have known anyway with Light, the manipulative prick! I think I'm going to miss him!

Matt's trauma is only beginning, fortunately, Mello is here to help him. I hope he won't lose it. And what is it Flicker wants? Why do I have a feeling they won't have their deserved rest yet? Oh the suspense!

Thank you so much for publishing again and keep going! I wonder what will happen now.
Pony Joe chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
A good premise, but I'm very confused. If what you're saying is true then Light, Sayu and L are all siblings and Near is their cousin? I don't get it.
Carottal chapter 10 . 6/24/2012
Wow, I missed a lot of things! But after reading those 3 chapters I have a very important question:

How many horror movie have you seen to be able to write those torture scenes? It was so gore, horrible, bloody... was it really needed? how brave you were to be able to make them suffer through all that! Matt has an incredible mind and body to survive all that, and Light is plained crazy!

What was interesting in the torture scene is what happened when Light brought Matt in front of everyone because even if Matt was the one hurt, psychologically, it was Light that was losing it and it appeared with Matt making fun (sort of) of Light. I think torture is more about hurting the mind than the body. Here, Light was so violent he was like an animal: not in control. He basically lost it. And I loved that about this scene. I also loved how sudden it was from their sweet night to the violence.

Matt nearly losing his sight (and his mysterious eyes) was awful! I guess the goggles will be necessary now. I loved how we learnt he was in a coma. You didn't change the point of view or the chapter, he just fell asleep and woke up to learn what happened. I found it very realistic. People waking up after a coma must feel the same!

What Light did for them after being arrested was great. I'm not sure how to see it. Was it because as an owner he wanted his things to be safe? He felt responsible of them as their boss? He knew he'd die and wanted forgiveness? Something else? Whatever it is, I found this last development of his personality interesting.

I wonder what's going to happen now, do you have more twists in mind or is it nearly finished? Will they have troubles with the justice? They may have been forced to kill but they did kill. There should be an investigation going on, or they can judge they went through a traumatising experience (and wouldn't be wrong!)... I wonder!

Thanks for those good and interesting if a bit violent chapters!
CatatonicVanity chapter 10 . 6/21/2012
Wow. I'm glad Light was arrested and I'm glad he's gonna die. But... A coma? That sucks.
AnonymousTokumeiNo chapter 10 . 6/21/2012
Awwww what a sad chapter...awesomejob
ForeverMATT chapter 9 . 6/21/2012
Okay, sorry I waited so long to review, but here I am, and here's my opinion. The gore in the later chapters has been amazing. Especially the part about Matt losing his eyes!

I'll admit, in the first couple chapters, things were a bit confusing,but I finally caught on and I'm hooked. I can't wait for more. Especially if it is borderline disgusting, bloody, gorey, and vile! More please!

I love when bad things happen to good characters!
CatatonicVanity chapter 9 . 6/20/2012
This is some seriously sick shit. Seriously. I love it though.
CatatonicVanity chapter 8 . 6/20/2012
You are an evil, cruel writer. What the hell man? Gah, update soon!
CatatonicVanity chapter 7 . 6/20/2012
Cute. But teaser. No action man, really? Damn. Oh well.

I liked Flicker, shame she had to go. Was she ever in Light's syndicate? I hope not, she's cool. And scary.
Carottal chapter 7 . 6/20/2012
Hum, it was a nice one but not as good as the last one (which was amazing). Some parts seemed strange well not some. One. And to change a bit I'll start with that.

Mello came to Light before Matt entered the syndicate. But Matt entered when he was 8. So it means Mello was at most around 8 when he came to Light and endured all those experiments. That means Flicker sent a boy this young to have a look at Light's syndicate. I think it's a bit too young. I know Mello is really intelligent and I don't know about the flight rules in the US but doesn't he have to be accompanied by an adult when he's this young? And wouldn't Flicker send a more experienced one to observe another group? That doesn't seem very logical to me. That's all.

So, now that this point is said, let's review the rest of the story!

I loved how you introduced us to the idea that Mello came through the same thing, it explains why he's not that freaked out by what happened to Matt (because let's face it, it's horrible). And I absolutely loved that Flicker recognised Light's work. You were quite subtle with this part. First, She recognises it's from Light. I means she knew something. Then, the "worked for you" that I had to read twice to make sure she was talking to Mello. 'Tilt! She knew because Mello came through the same thing. Maybe that's why Light wanted him dead?' And then the explanations. I'd say you could have waited a bit longer before giving us the explanation. You see, let us turn all those sentences in our brain, try and have a look at what happened before in the fic to see if there're some hints that Mello knew Light. You know, you can torture us a bit, at least me!

Though we don't know everything. Why did Light do this to Mello in particular? Is it for the same reason he wants Mello dead? Or did he ordered Matt to kill him because Mello had escaped him, as a punishment? Or is it for other reasons? And now that I think about it, why did Mello go to New York when he knows Light is there and he may hold a grudge against him? I don't know if you've thought about all this but take your time to answer the questions that you think needs an answer.

The nearly sex scene with Matt and Mello was fun. Flicker's interruption was great and I could totally imagine Matt trying to keep hidden in his room and hoping Flicker won't want to have a look at him. I don't think she really believed Mello. But it was fun, refreshing and completely unexpected to have them stopped by something other than Matt's heart.

Oh! and I loved how Matt said one of the cheesiest sentence of this story: "you were a magnet and I was a fucked up piece of Titanium" I mean, mixing this level of language and this level of romanticism was awesome!

So keep writing, your plot is really interesting and I think you've just created a lot of possibilities for it with this last twist.

Thank you very much for writing and sharing this great fic!
AnonymousTokumeiNo chapter 7 . 6/20/2012
Great chapter
CatatonicVanity chapter 6 . 6/19/2012
What an... Interesting turn. Manipulation?

I like how you covered the southern accent. It's awesome.
AnonymosTokumeiNo chapter 6 . 6/19/2012