Reviews for Ashes
Great Start chapter 1 . 6/10
This looks like a great start to what I'm hoping will be a great story.

Small technical critique: Nick and Hank carry Glocks, which are Double-Action automatics. As such, they do not require cocking (the trigger cocks the hammer upon being pulled). Were the chamber empty, the slide would need to be racked in order to place a round into battery. Nobody who knows how to use a double-action auto would carry it with the chamber empty, since that would remove any benefit the double-action pistol might have over a single-action pistol.
Haru Maru Stark Salvatore chapter 31 . 5/31
OMG! Poor Nick! shit! awwww save Holly 3:-) great chapter 3:-)
M. Louise E chapter 31 . 5/29
I'm all caught up from the last place I read. Let me just say wow! Very well written. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Please hurry. :D Have a nice weekend.
Aquanova chapter 30 . 5/27
Wow, didn't expect you to go that far with Juliette. Poor guy doesn't get a break, does he? So the plot definitely seems to be picking up now, which I'm greatly looking forward to. The Kylie subplot is an interesting aspect as well, and I'm wondering what part she's going to play in this whole thing. Still not sure what I think about the Nick/Renard thing, though. I ship them, but the bond feels uncomfortably like something that might be forcing feelings for the other partner which would never have been born otherwise, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I do like that you're not rushing it though, because it feels accurate to their characters (especially Nick, in this situation), to be wary about the whole thing.
Also enjoying the whump. Very much. Kudos!
Happy Owl chapter 30 . 5/25
Wow!, two chapters in one day, what a treat!. I liked this chapter and I think your Renard characterization is true to character. The violence while expected, was not over the top for the character of Sergio to commit. As always I am really enjoying your story and am really looking forward to more.
Haru Maru Stark Salvatore chapter 30 . 5/26
OMG!poor Juliette awww poor Nick awww Poor everything 3:-) ahhh wow Great chapter! Nick full Grimm OMG!,! I can't wait read the next chapter 3:-)
Haru Maru Stark Salvatore chapter 29 . 5/26
wow Grimm oart wesen interesting!.great chapter!
SagenWarrior chapter 30 . 5/25
hope to see more.
StarDuchess chapter 28 . 5/11
Wonderful work! I'm completely enjoying your story. The writing is well-done (with just the odd typo) and flushed out without excessive information. I love that we get little bits and pieces as we go along and that you didn't just info dump at the beginning. The development between Nick and Sean has a lot of bumps in it, which feels very truthful to me, and I'm sure there's more ups and downs to come. I like the Kylie addition and that was a great way to get Juliette back into the story and have Sergio go after her as well.

I'm glad you made a darker storyline for Nick's mom. It struck me as odd in the TV show canon that they both just fell back into a friendly mother-son relationship, when she had been gone so long. I liked your much harsher background here. What a thing to have your mother kick your ass. And Nick's so stubborn not to ask for help from his friends. I'm nervous that Sergio is going to strike while Nick is still recuperating, although it may prove more sadistic to let him recover while taking out all his people one-by-one.

Please keep going. This is great!
M. Louise E chapter 28 . 5/9
Wow. Amazing. That is a tricky idea about the dog. :D Nice one. I really enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to more. :D
Haru Maru Stark Salvatore chapter 28 . 4/1
Aww poor Kylie xD awww very very awkward meeting between Nick and Juliette ajjaja ok Wow I hate Sergio OMG! Great chapter 3:-)
TinkerBella7 chapter 28 . 3/27
That is so cool about Kylie and who she really is. Explains a lot. The Nick and Juliette scene was lovely. I could feel their emotions and how uncertain they both were. Very intriguing chapter. Love it.
Cassie chapter 27 . 3/8
Awesome! Can't wait for another chapter!
Random Person chapter 27 . 3/6
Good. Yeah, Kylie is suspicious.
TinkerBella7 chapter 27 . 3/7
Excellent chapter. I really like Marcie and the interaction between her and Nick.