Reviews for The Heroic and the Brave
This fic made me so happy by making me cry oddly enough. I applaud you
seireidoragon chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
This was a really well done story and I liked the ending you wrote.
Chloe chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
You are truly an amazing author, the way you make your readers feel the characters r definitely a role model and an example for me. Thank you so much
Shinji Ikari3 chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Another story that can be called touching, and it can also be called moving. I have constructive criticism of my own this time, though. :P

Hohenheim already said that he was partially responsible for Ed and Al performing human transmutation prior to Ed sacrificing his Portal of Truth to recover Al. Yet you have Ed reacting to Hohenheim's apology in this Fanfiction as if this is the first time Hohenheim had apologized... or do you?

Secondly, is this based on BROTHERHOOD, the Manga, or both? If its based on the Manga or both, I have something else to say. Hohenheim says in the Manga it was loneliness that drove his sons to attempt human transmutation. He was talking about how if they'd had a father, they wouldn't have been lonely enough to do it. Do you still think Ed would say that it isn't Hohenheim's fault at all? Hohenheim doesn't say it was loneliness that drove his sons to attempt human transmutation in BROTHERHOOD, just that he's partially responsible because he neglected them, so if this Fanfiction is based on BROTHERHOOD, never mind this part of the Review.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
...cue that awkward moment when someone enters that room and the Elric brothers are attempting to explain why they are snuggling against a dead corpse.

I loved this story. I truly, truly did.
Colliequest chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Love what you did here. I wanted to see a bit more reconciliation between them as well.
If you noticed, the clothes Ed was wearing at the end of the series when he was about to board the train to the West looked very very similar to Hohenhiem's attire. Like a symbol that Ed did forgive him, I guess. But even so, it would have been nice if he could have said it to his face.
lotrprincess chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
This is a really good fic, very touching, but I have to admit that the last scene soured it a bit for me. The idea of waking up in bed with a dead guy is just creepy.
xFillyStarx chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
It is impossible to read this without having tears in my eyes.
Lizzie Benson chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Aaaaugh, are you TRYING to make me cry? Very good job, Carolyn; touching and true to the characters. :)
Unadulterated chapter 1 . 7/16/2012

Dang it. I love Hoho, and I love Ed even more, but I admit I've never really liked a fic with the both of them in it.

Why are you messing with things I thought I knew? (Non-freaking-out translation: You proved me utterly wrong.)

Good job! Loved it! Of all the characters, I actually think Hohenheim is THE most angsty, with the most right to be as well, even if he's the least recognized for it.

Keep up the good work! I love your writing sooo much. XD
dandeliondreams chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
This was cute :) I loved Al's request.

I rather wish something like this reconciliation occurred in the manga.
feathersnow chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
should've had a better ending in FMAB. There's so much emotions running through this series, but i thought it should've ended that way after everything had happened. Nevertheless, this is also a great fic. I wouldn't see Hohenheim cry in front of Ed. Gosh, i wonder how Ed would've handled it.

This is a Father's Day fic, right? :P Great job!
Twilight Archangel chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Great work, very touching!
Quicquidlibet chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
You made me cry with this. You have no idea how significant that is, but you made me cry with this amazing fanfic. I applaud you. You are a fantastic writer.