Reviews for Finding My Thunder
whohellanoes chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
You are going to make us cry, aren't you? This is a great story, but hot damn, they should go to Canada. Thanks so much.
bomax2 chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
wow, again I'm blown away with the way you tell your stories, I loved the visual of "jumping off the ledge". Having had to pick out 2 caskets in the last 20 months i would not be able to tell you what either looked like. it really does not matter.
jimemon chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
Really really beautiful chapter, wow.
faireyfan chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
This. Just this. Just when I get complacent about the quality of your writing you produce a chapter like this. I don't have the words to tell you how much I love it, how sad and beautiful it is. There is so much going on here, it could almost stand as a one-shot. Thank you.
MK543 chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
Lordy, Lordy, the heartbreak going on here. I thought back to The Help, the book... a time of upheaval if ever there was in our nation. I wish you hadn't labeled this a tragedy... for now I am on edge. LOL XOX
temac chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
I was young during the Vietnam war and it really affected me. It was so, so awful, during and after. This story and the reminders of that time are hard for me to read. Your writing is beautiful, but it hits close to home. I'll try to keep going.
MK543 chapter 5 . 6/26/2012
Ah, you sure can conjure up a feelin'. A Feelin' like I ain't had in a long, long time. XOXO
happymelt chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
I can't. So sad! I want to kidnap them both and take 'em to Canada.
dalma101 chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
Edward said he's got reasons to go, but I don't quite understand him yet. We'll see, right? I'm thankful though for letting her know about his crush and for kisses. So beautiful and sad. At least they have love for each other, but their future is so frightening...
MK543 chapter 3 . 6/26/2012
Yes, yes, I remember that myself, the first I spoke up, realizing that a little authority goes a long way with bullies. So happy Bella is finding herself, losing the fear.
MK543 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
The dialect... I kept putting Kelly Pickler to that verbage! 1960's wasn't that backward, was it? Yeah, it threw me off the story, more like 1940. Anyway, a lump of any kind can't be good. Seems mama killed the baby and now she's got an affliction in her mind and her body. My, my, you sure can weave a story. I'm with Bella, all tore up.
lisazj chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
Everything. Everything confirmed, everything.

Except...Charlie's thinking that he'll finally get to kick Naomi out. But I'm thinking that crazy as Renee was, just maybe she thought to have a will made up, leaving everything to Bella. Like her mama did to her. She wouldn't have wanted Charlie to have anything.

I'm glad Bella told Charlie to stuff it. Such an asshole. *huffs*

Oh my heart: "It's always been you. Always." His forehead dropped to mine. "Bella what are you doing to me?" "Seeing you...everyday seeing you. You were with her...her...and I knew...I always knew...and you wouldn't even look at meā€¦and I knew...I loved you. I love you now. I will always love you." "Oh God, don't...Bella...Bella," he crashed his lips to mine and I kissed him with all of my love behind it...finally letting him know...finally letting it out.

It doesn't matter if Edward asks her to wait or not. Bella's been waiting for him all her life.

If Edward thinks that going to Vietnam is the only way to get away from James...Jesus, that's bad. And James suddenly became that much scarier to me. What's gonna happen when he gets back and finds out Bella has been with Edward?
miamama9598 chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
I'm happy that their live is expressed but I am scared about viet nam.

Thanks for this moving story
shehazi chapter 11 . 6/26/2012
Thank you.
lisazj chapter 10 . 6/26/2012
So whatever happened with Jacob came after Charlie had gone off to war? Bella never thought to ask Naomi any of this before. But I guess not, when she wass younger these things might not have occurred to her. I'm sure it took every bit of the concentration of the child she was to get through the day, taking care of her mama.

Naomi might be talking to her about it now, but it's upsetting her to do it. I get the feeling Naomi doesn't get upset about much.

See, that's exactly what I thought. Edward stayed away from her but not becasue it's what he wanted. Was it because of James? So much hurt to go 'round right now. Bella's hurting because of her mama, and the mixed upo that's inside, Edward's hurting, at least in part because he feels like he has no future. I'n sure he expects to die in Vietnam.

If he has always cared about Bella, is that why now? Why he finally had to be with her, while he still could?

They're both breaking my heart, poor Bella: "I'm sorry," I said. "I'm so sorry. Just...you shouldn't come back. I'm...I'm kind of a mess inside." Edward's not much better, I think he just hides it better, usually: "I just," he said, "I need you right now. Is that okay?" Bella thinks he means while he's going through whatever is hurting him now. I don't think she's getting him, exactly right.

I want so much for both of them.
2,984 | « Prev Page 1 .. 174 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 194 .. Last Next »