Reviews for The Opal and the Genie
GreenEggandHam chapter 5 . 2/4
I hope you continue this its a great read :)
JenniBaka2406 chapter 5 . 11/13/2019
Hi! I know it’s been ages since this fic has updated, but I just wanted to say that I love it. It’s intriguing, spontaneous, and there’s so much symbolism that my english teacher would give me the first A of my life if i wrote an essay about it! It gives off a mythical folklore kind of vibe. What you have so far has so much potential and it’s so well-written, and by no means do i want you to feel pressured to write more, though it would be fantastic and i would die in happiness. I just wanted you to know that you’re an amazing writer, and as a fellow writer, I aspire to hook my readers like you did to me! Your story is putting the world of Hyrule into a new light for me, especially with all the stories Link tells. Thank you for writing this!
embyr-75 chapter 3 . 9/23/2019
Just dropping in again to say that I keep rereading this and LOVING it... Link's final line in this chapter and chapter 5, especially, just pack all the right kind of punch and keep bringing me back to experience it over and over again. Please be assured that even though this story is older and already has a following there are still people discovering it for the first time and finding themselves far too invested! I hope to experience the rest of the story someday soon! :)

(As an aside, I grew up with The Cruel Sister story, specifically the rendition by Pentangle, and more recently fell in love with the Ruth Notman version. It was fun to see it incorporated so beautifully here!)
direvald chapter 5 . 8/7/2019
Whoa, where is the rest of the story? It was one of my favorites...are you rewriting it by any chance?
embyr-75 chapter 5 . 6/9/2019
Just coming across this story for the first time now. Really enjoying the story telling mechanic, both as a means to give Link dimension and as a device to hint at things that were-and that will be, I'm assuming. Looking forward to more!
BunnyCreekwithStyle chapter 5 . 6/4/2019
Hi! So, I really wasn’t sure when I’d come back to your page. Because while you’re a talented writer and I adore your stories I was still dismayed over the YuGiOh stories you took down and probably won’t put back up because they were my favorites and reading them got me through some hard times believe it or not. But they are your stories and i respect your decision regardless.
So I love the Zelda games and all that but not so much to ever read the fanfiction for them...until now. Honestly the summary just...I don’t know immediately caught my attention which almost never happens and even stranger I read this knowing it had been published in 2012 and while it has somewhat of a recent update it still only has 5 chapters but...I just did. And I love it. I’m craving more. So I really hope you’ll update again soon. I’m dying to watch Zelda fall for him and how she gets over Jeremy whom I’m suspicious of and don’t believe he really loves her. Not like link does anyways. Also hope there will be a story where he tells us why and how he fell in love her.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/28/2019
Really enjoying this story (and Link's stories) so far, looking foward to reading the rest of the revision!
Fresh apples sound delicious after this chapter
Guest chapter 3 . 5/14/2019
Really enjoying reading this again! My memory of the previous version is hazy now, so I'm not certain what I just forgot (or didn't notice) the first time and what has changed, but I'm certainly finding everyone's motives more intriguing from the outset this time. (Potential subtle spoilers:) The last version I recall had a lot of weight on Zelda's personal development/self worth and it was good - but this time I also noticed cracks in her internal narrative here, as if she uses duty to hide her own motives (from herself or others?). Hope may have a point! And if so, Zelda already has more agency in the situation than she thinks, which I think adds something nice to look back on. Link's character and motives are quite difficult to pin down at this stage, but that fits well with the fact that Zelda doesn't really know him yet. The face he has around Zelda vs. the face he has when he thinks nobody is looking certainly generates interest in what's happening there. Thanks for sharing this story again, and looking forward to more!
Grape Icies chapter 5 . 4/16/2019
Not sure what the rest of the story was like but someone recommended this story to me and I am _for_ it. I'm absolutely loving Link's bardic touch!
Awakening5 chapter 4 . 4/10/2019
Ah! It was so fun to read through this again! And it felt like so much of it was new? I was a little confused by the alert, because it had a chapter 6 link that didn't work, but I'm so happy I came back to the fic anyway. If you don't mind my asking, what exactly is your plan for the fic going forward? I'm trying to remember if you were rewriting it, or something else was going on?

Anyway, happy I got your alert! Thanks for writing a great fic!
Guest chapter 5 . 4/9/2019
Please reupload soon I need to know what happened last time you uploaded a chapter here was a year ago please come back
AzHasANewName1 chapter 5 . 4/9/2019
335 reviews
June 2012

Did I miss something? Anyway, can't wait to see more.
The-Right-Girl chapter 5 . 2/20/2019
I'm very sad and disappointed to see this story vanishing.
It's one of my most favorite Legend of Zelda stories on here, a good comfort in stressful times, and recently it's been...not the best of times.
I understand the reasons, and wish you luck, but it's unlikely I'll check out your writings I fear-I'll be honest and say this fanfiction was the only one I really read of yours.

I wish you luck, and hope your writing turns out well, and thank you for the time I was able to read this.
I enjoyed Zelda finding herself, what she wanted, and what she fought against. I hope, unlikely though it may be, that perhaps this fanfiction will reappear one day.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/5/2018
I'm so glad I managed to find this again now! I don't come here often enough to justify making an account, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the title or author name somehow haha. I'm sad to see this will be taken down completely as it was a fantastic story (and I loved your reason for writing it), but now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Best of luck :)
Awakening5 chapter 5 . 5/19/2018
Love the fic! I really want to read more.

So I just went over to your website (very cool, btw), and I can't read this fic there either. I guess I don't quite understand your plan here. Will I be able to read this fic somewhere at some point?